- Volume 43 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Impacts of Dietary Habits on Self-perceived Health-related Physical Fitness in Middle-aged Women -Focused on Changwon Province-
일부 중년여성의 식습관이 인지된 건강관련 체력에 미치는 영향 -창원지역을 중심으로-
- Lee, Hye-Jin (Dept. Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hea (Dept. Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2014.02.11
- Accepted : 2014.03.31
- Published : 2014.06.30
The purpose of this study was to compare dietary and lifestyle habits in middle-aged women based on their self-perceived health-related physical fitness (SPF) level as well as investigate the effects of dietary and lifestyle habits on SPF. The study subjects were divided into two groups, 'High' group (
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim JH, Jin YS, Park JT, Jee YS, Kim KS, Lee H, Bae KT. 1999. The relationship between health related physical fitness and self-perceived health status. J Korean Soc Health Educ Promot 16: 83-100.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2011. The survey of national physical fitness. Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Seoul, Korea. p 189.
- Pate RR. 1988. The evolving definition of physical fitness. Quest 40: 174-179. https://doi.org/10.1080/00336297.1988.10483898
- Bouchard C, Shephard RJ. 1994. Physical activity, fitness, and health: the model and key concepts. In Physical Activity, Fitness, and Health: International Proceedings and Consensus Statement. Bouchard C, Shephard RJ, Stephens T, eds. Human Kinetics Publishers, Champaign, IL, USA. p 77-88.
- Caspersen CJ, Powell KE, Christenson GM. 1985. Physical activity, exercise, and physical fitness: definitions and distinctions for health-related research. Public Health Rep 100:126-131.
- Blair SN, Kohl HW 3rd, Barlow CE, Paffenbarger RS Jr, Gibbons LW, Macera CA. 1995. Changes in physical fitness and all-cause mortality. A prospective study of healthy and unhealthy men. JAMA 273: 1093-1098. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1995.03520380029031
- Blair SN, Kohl HW 3rd, Paffenbarger RS Jr, Clark DG, Cooper KH, Gibbons LW. 1989. Physical fitness and allcause mortality. A prospective study of healthy men and women. JAMA 262: 2395-2401. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1989.03430170057028
- Kim KE, Park WB, Oh MK, Kang EK, Lim JY, Yang EJ, Lim JY, Paik NJ. 2010. The effect of physical performance and physical activity on quality of life in old people: The Korean longitudinal study on health and aging. J Korean Geriatr Soc 14: 212-220. https://doi.org/10.4235/jkgs.2010.14.4.212
- Bae YJ, Leem EJ, Lee DT. 2005. The relationships between self-perceived and actual health related fitness levels in college students. JKSSPE 44: 517-526.
- Okano G, Miyake H, Mori M. 2003. Leisure time physical activity as a determinant of self-perceived health and fitness in middle-aged male employees. J Occup Health 45: 286-292. https://doi.org/10.1539/joh.45.286
- Rahmani-Nia F, Damitchi A, Azizi M, Hoseini R. 2011. Associations between self-perceived and measured physical fitness of male college students. World Appl Sci J 14: 1331-1338.
- Marsh HW, Redmayne RS. 1994. A multidimensional physical self-concept and its relations to multiple components of physical fitness. JSEP 16: 43-55.
- Ferreira FS. 2013. Relationship between physical fitness and nutritional status in a Portuguese sample of school adolescents. J Obes Weight Loss Ther 3(5): 1-6.
- Blair SN, Cheng Y, Holder JS. 2001. Is physical activity or physical fitness more important in defining health benefits? Med Sci Sports Exerc 33: 379-399. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200106001-00007
- Bae SH. 2007. Relations among health behaviors, health symptoms and physical fitness of people in the same community. J Korean Acad Community Health Nurs 18: 211-222.
- Lee HS, Lee JW, Kim JM, Chang N. 2010. The effect of nutrition education and excercise program on body composition and dietary intakes, blood lipid and physical fitness in obese women (2). Korean J Nutr 43: 260-272. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2010.43.3.260
- Lee HS, Lee JW, Chang NS, Kim JM. 2009. The effect of nutrition education and excercise program on body composition and dietary intakes, blood lipid and physical fitness in obese women. Korean J Nutr 42: 759-769. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2009.42.8.759
- Lee H, Lee KH, Kim E, Kim MJ, Hwang SM. 2012. The related factors influencing on self-rated health level of middle- aged women. Korean J Community Nutr 17: 290- 301. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.3.290
- Shin SY. 1998. A study on comparison between motivation and achievement according to the medium and participation motivation in video conferencing system: Focused on adult education program. MS Thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea. p 63-64.
- Lim JY, Kim BH, Park JH, Lee SB, Paik NJ, Kim KW. 2007. The effect of age and gender in physical function and quality of life in Korean elderly: The Korean longitudinal study on health and aging. J Korean Acad Rehabil Med 31: 457-465.
- Wray LA, Blaum CS. 2001. Explaining the role of sex on disability: a population-based study. Gerontologist 41:499-510. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/41.4.499
- Zamboni M, Turcato E, Santana H, Maggi S, Harris TB, Pietrobelli A, Heymsfield SB, Micciolo R, Bosello O. 1999. The relationship between body composition and physical performance in older women. J Am Geriatr Soc 47: 1403-1408. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1999.tb01557.x
- Hoekstra T, Boreham CA, Murray LJ, Twisk JW. 2008. Associations between aerobic and muscular fitness and cardiovascular disease risk: the northern Ireland young hearts study. J Phys Act Health 5: 815-829.
- Chahar PS. 2013. Health related physical fitness as a predictor of cardiovascular disease risk factors among healthy men. Euro J Sports Exerc Sci 2: 7-12.
- Bovens AM, Van Baak MA, Vrenchen JG, Wijinen JA, Saris WH, Verstappen FT. 1993. Physical activity, fitness, and selected risk factors for CHD in active men and women. Med Sci Sports Exerc 25: 572-576.
- Katzmarzyk PT, Gagnon J, Leon AS, Skinner JS, Wilmore JH, Rao DC, Bouchard C. 2001. Fitness, fatness, and estimated coronary heart disease risk: the heritage family study. Med Sci Sports Exerc 33: 585-590.
- Ahn CS. 1993. A study on correlation among physical fitness, diet intakes and serum lipid in middle aged women. Korean J Food & Nutr 6: 255-267.
- Lee SY, Sohn MS, Nam CM. 1995. Structural modeling of health concern, health practice and health status of Koreans. Korean J Prev Med 28: 187-205.
- Ware Jr JE. 1976. Scales for measuring general health perceptions. Health Serv Res 11: 396-415.
- Murray J, Dunn G, Tarnopolsky A. 1982. Self-assessment of health: an exploration of the effects of physical and psychological symptoms. Psychol Med 12: 371-378. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291700046705
- Chang JY, Boo KC. 2007. Self-rated health status of Korean older people: An introduction for international comparative studies. The Journal of Population Association of Korea 30:45-69.
- Song YL, Nam EW. 2009. The influence of social capital and health behaviors on self-rated health in South Korea. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion 26: 1-13.
- Hampson SE, Goldberg LR, Vogt TM, Dubanoski JP. 2007. Mechanisms by which childhood personality traits influence adult health status: educational attainment and healthy behaviors. Health Psychol 26: 121-125. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6184.108.40.206
- Cheng YH, Chi I, Boey KW, Ko LS, Chou KL. 2002. Selfrated economic condition and the health of elderly persons in Hong Kong. Soc Sci Med 55: 1415-1424. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(01)00271-4
- Lim BK. 2001. Relationship between exercise and health-related physical fitness in middle and high aged women. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 16: 1139-1151.
- Lee JC, Bae JJ. 2010. Effects of long-term exercise training intervention on health fitness, blood pressure and blood glucose in elderly people. Health & Sports Medicine 12: 55-65.
- Kim YH, Jo JH. 2002. The relationship between physical activity pattern, dietary habit, body mass index and healthrelated physical fitness for elementary school children. The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport Science 4: 63-81.
- Rauramaa R, Tuomainen P, Väisänen S, Rankinen T. 1995. Physical activity and health-related fitness in middle-aged men. Med Sci Sports Exerc 27: 707-712.
- Ryan RM, Frederick C. 1997. On energy, personality, and health: subjective vitality as a dynamic reflection of wellbeing. J Pers 65: 529-565. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6494.1997.tb00326.x
- Sheldon KM, King L. 2001. Why positive psychology is necessary. Am Psychol 56: 216-217. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.216
- Ryan RM, Deci EL. 2000. Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being. Am Psychol 55: 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- Koo JO, Park S. 2012. Analysis of body composition, dietary behaviors and life style of 30-50 year old women living in Seoul. Korean J Community Nutr 17: 440-449. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.4.440
- Lee JE, Ahn Y, Lee J, Cha JH, Park C, Kim K. 2004. Evaluation of nutrient intake quality over 40 year-old people living in rural and suburban areas. Korean J Community Nutr 9: 491-500.
- Park KM, Park JS. 2000. The relationships of blood pressure with dietary habit and level of physical fitness of middle aged male workers by age. The J of Korean Community Nursing 11: 105-116.
- Lim HS, Lee JA, Jin HO. 2000. The evaluation of dietary diversity and nutrient intakes of Korean child-bearing women. Korean J of Human Ecology 3: 15-24.
- Lee KM, Lee GG. 2003. The correlation between body composition and eating behaviors, activity behaviors, physical fitness in elementary school students. The Korean Journal of the Elementary Physical Education 9: 147-160.
- Park JY. 2011. Influence of the life-habits on the health-related physical fitness in middle school students. MS Thesis. Dankook University, Yongin, Korea. p 26-33.
- Kim KH. 2010. Effects of the 12 weeks weight control program on improvement of BMI, nutrition knowledge, physical fitness and stress levels of adult obese women. Korean J Community Nutr 15: 73-82.