- Volume 43 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Job Satisfaction and Engagement of School Food Service Dietitians and Nutrition Teachers in Chungbuk
충북지역 학교급식 영양(교)사의 직무만족 및 몰입도
- Kim, Joon Young (Graduate School of Education, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Young Eun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.10.22
- Accepted : 2014.05.01
- Published : 2014.06.30
The purpose of this study was to gather basic data and measure job satisfaction and job engagement of dietitians and nutrition teachers in Chungbuk area. This study was conducted on 20 August, 2010. Out of 336 questionnaires, 266 were completed and made available for the purpose of statistical evaluation. As the main results, job satisfaction was classified into eight categories: task, wage, policies related to tasks, professional growth, promotion, relationships with colleagues, working environment, and supervision. In the case of wage, promotion, and policies related to tasks, the average scores of job satisfaction were around 2 points out of 5. Dietitians' job satisfaction levels according to employment type and school type significantly differed. In terms of job involvement and organizational commitment, average scores were 3.53 points and 3.12 points respectively. The survey showed significantly different results for job involvement and organizational commitment, depending on employment type, school type, and status as chef in charge or trainee. Dietitians working in elementary schools, as chef in charge, or with permanent employment showed higher job involvement and organizational commitment. Furthermore, there was a significantly positive correlation between factors such as task, wage, promotion, relationships with colleagues, supervision, work environment, policies related to tasks, professional growth, and job satisfaction.
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Im HJ, Lee YE. 2010. Job satisfaction of school foodservice employees in Chungbuk province. MS Thesis. Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea. p 11-20.
- Ko HS. 2003. The study on job satisfaction of dietitians in school foodservices (focus on Daejeon and Chungnam of dietitians in school foodservice). MS Thesis. Kongju National University, Gongju, Korea. p 21-24.
- Jang MR, Kim MH. 2003. Job satisfaction of dietitians between elementary school and high school. J Korean Diet Assoc 9: 13-21.
- Park EJ, Kim KN. 2002. Job achievement and job satisfaction of dietitian in elementary school. J Korean Diet Assoc 8: 163-174.
- Hwang HJ. 2005. A study on work stress and job satisfaction of dietitians: focus on elementary schools in Daegu. MS Thesis. Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Korea. p 12-31.
- Kim HK. 2007. Job analysis and satisfaction of dietitian in school foodservice for job efficiency: focused on Gwangju and Jeonnam areas. MS Thesis. Kongju National University, Gongju, Korea. p 20-22.
- Bu YJ. 2007. Analysis of school foodservice managers' job satisfaction by organizational culture and commitment in Jeju. MS Thesis. Jeju National University, Jeju, Korea. p 43-48.
- Bae BK. 2008. A study of nutritionist's working environment and satisfaction of job enrichment. MS Thesis. Kosin University, Busan, Korea. p 17-22.
- Seong KH. 2008. A comparison analysis on job satisfaction between permanent dietitians and temporary dietitians in Gyeongsangnam area. MS Thesis. Kyungnam University, Changwon, Korea. p 31-37.
- An BY. 2008. A study on job performance and job satisfaction of nutrition teacher in Jeon-buk province. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. p 20-23.
- Lee KH. 2008. A study on job satisfaction and job perception of nutrition teachers. MS Thesis. Kookmin University, Seoul, Korea. p 40-43.
- Park MR. 2009. The study on job satisfaction of dietitians in school foodservices (focus on Pusan of dietitians school foodservices). MS Thesis. Inje University, Gimhae, Korea. p 40-49.
- Hong JR. 2008. Job performance and job satisfaction of dietitians in contract food service. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. p 17-32.
- Park IS. 2009. A study on job satisfaction of school dietitians depending on employment status in Gwangju area. MS Thesis. Dongshin University, Naju, Korea. p 31-35.
- Shin WM, Han JI, Kim SA. 2009. Factors influencing job satisfaction of dietitians (nutrition teachers) of school foodservice in Daejeon/Chungnam province. MS Thesis. Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea. p 22-27.
- Oh MR. 2009. Job analysis and degree of job satisfaction of nutritionists (nutrition teachers) according to general characteristics and working environment in Busan. MS Thesis. Kosin University, Busan, Korea. p 33-34.
- Lee MN. 2009. A study on working conditions and job satisfaction of contingent dietitians in school foodservice in Kyounggi-do Whasoung and Suwon area. MS Thesis. Kyonggi University, Suwon, Korea. p 21-25.
- Im JE. 2009. A study on working conditions and job satisfaction factors of contingent school foodservice dietitian in Jeonbuk area. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. p 35-39
- Hwang SH. 2009. Job satisfaction of nutrition teacher in elementary schools in Seoul. MS Thesis. Dankook University, Yongin, Korea. p 18-21.
- Oh JM. 2011. Study on job stress and satisfaction of the dietitians on works in Chungnam. MS Thesis. Kongju National University, Gongju, Korea. p 41-44.
- Yang IS, Lee JM, Cha JA, Yoon JS. 1997. Relationship among job satisfaction, job characteristics, and organizational commitment of dietitians in hospital, school, and industry foodservices. J Korean Diet Assoc 3: 9-22.
- Sin EK, Lee YK. 2003. Effects of personal job characteristics on organizational commitment and job satisfaction of Daegu, Gyeongbuk area dietitians by foodservice employment type. Korean J Dietary Culture 18: 75-88.
- Um YH. 2008. A study on the job satisfaction and organization commitment of employees according to the school food service environments. Korean J Culinary Res 14: 357-367.
- Park MH. 2010. Impact of the emotional leadership of school nutritionists on the job satisfaction organizational commitment and organizational performance of the culinary staff. MS Thesis. Inha University, Incheon, Korea. p 13-15.
- Park MC. 2002. A study on the impact of individual characteristics and perception of human resources management in organization on job involvement and organizational commitment-with the moderator as the acceptance rate to performance based compensation system. MS Thesis. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea. p 23-41.
- Ministry of Education. 2005. Elementary and secondary education act. Article 6.
- Ministry of Education. 2010. Elementary and secondary education regulations. Article 7.
- Ministry of Education. 2011. Materials for current status of school foodservice. p 5.
- Chungcheongbukdo Office of Education. 2011. Basic guideline on school health care. p 3-21.
- Yi NY, Lee KE. 2009. Requirements and self-evaluation of knowledge en skills necessary for effective nutrition teachers perceived by school foodservice dietitians. Korean J Community Nutr 14: 190-205.
- Jeong KH, Oh JS. 2010. Theory and practice of internal marketing. Gyeongsang National University Press, Jinju, Korea. p 24-27.
- Smith PC, Kendall LM, Hulin CL. 1969. The measurement of satisfaction in work and retirement: A strategy for the study of attitudes. Rand McNally & Co., Chicago, IL, USA. p 15-17.
- Park WY. 2002. (A) Study on the channels through which the job satisfaction affects the job commitment and the organizational commitment. MS Thesis. Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea. p 12-24.
- Won KH. 2003. A study on the job satisfaction of nursesfocus on general hospitals and university hospitals. MS Thesis. Daejeon University, Daejeon, Korea. p 44-45.
- Lim SM. 2005. A study of on the job satisfaction of educational administrative official. MS Thesis. Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Gumi, Korea. p 33-42.
- No JY. 2007. A study of the job satisfaction of educational administrative official. MS Thesis. Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 23-25.
- Lee YK. 2008. A study on the effects of human resource development on the job satisfaction and organizational commitment of the employee: focus on the small and medium enterprises in Chungnam region. MS Thesis. Kongju National University, Gongju, Korea. p 45-47.
- Lee JM. 2009. A study on job satisfaction of employees in community child centers: focus on Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do area. MS Thesis. Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea. p 34-36.
- Ministry of Education. 2007. Materials for management regulation on jobs from school accounts. p 5-7.
- Ministry of Education. 2003. Elementary and secondary education act. Article 6.
- Ministry of Education. 2010. Public official for education promotion act. Article 2.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor. 2010. Short-term and part time workers protection act. Article 4.
- Ministry of Education. 2010. School lunch program act. Article 9.
- Chungcheongbuk-do Office of Education. 2010. Basic guideline on school foodservice.
- Kim BR. 2013. The study on the relationship among organization communication satisfaction, job commitment, job performance. MS Thesis. Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 61.
- School Dieticians’ Awareness of Necessity for Nutrition Education and Need for Better Working Environment: In-Depth Interview vol.30, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2015.30.5.695
- Status and Need Assessment on Nutrition & Dietary Life Education among Nutrition Teachers in Elementary, Middle and High Schools vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2016.21.2.152
- Contribution of Emotional Labor and Organizational Commitment to Turnover Intention and Customer Orientation of School Foodservice Dietitian in the Busan Area vol.33, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.1.104