- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analytical method for combustible waste contaminated by the HF leakage from industrial process
산업공정에서 불산누출로 오염된 가연성 폐기물의 분석방법 연구
- Kang, Young-Yeul ;
- Kim, Yong-Jun ;
- Kim, Woo-Il ;
- Yoon, Cheol-Woo ;
- Yeon, Jin-Mo ;
- Shin, Sun-Kyoung ;
- Oh, Gil-Jong
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2014.06.07
- Published : 2014.06.25
Hydrofluoric acid (HF), a typical inorganic acid, has been used in the industry for its various usage and classified as the toxic compound, because it can cause the pneumonia and pulmonary edema when it was exposed to respiratory organs. The official environmental analytical method for fluorine and its compound in waste has not been developed. For this reason, we have faced some problem to treat the contaminated wastes by the HF leakage from industrial process. In this study, prepared for analytical method for combustible waste (crop, trees, etc.) generated from HF leaking accident and to be applied as the official analytical method for fluorine contaminated waste when the fluorine and its compound will be regulated as a hazardous material by the waste management law later.
Hydrofluoric acid (HF);leaking accident;combustible waste;analytical method
- USEPA Method 9214, Potentiometric determination of fluoride in aqueous samples with ion-selective electrode, 1996.
- OECD, 'OECD Guiding Principles for Chemical Accident Prevention, Preparedness and Response', 2003.
- OECD, 'Cuidance on Developing Safety Performance Indicators', 2003.
- Ministry of Environment, Official test method enacted by Korean Ministry of Environment-soil, 2009.
- ASTM methods D4646-87, D5233-92, D3987-85.
- KS M 0036, General rules for ion-selective electrode method, 2008.
- J. Asaria, O. C. Kobusingye, B. A. Khingi, R. Balikuddembe, M. Gomez and M. Beveridge, 'Acid burns from personal assault in Uganda', Burns 30, 78-81 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2003.08.009
- Ministry of Environment, 'Development of environmental technology for recycling multicomponent waste acid including hydrofluoric acid and acetic acid', 2008.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 'Hydrogen fluoride', 2009.
- Division of Chemical Health and Safety of the American Chemical Society, 'Hexafluorine decontamination of 70% hydrofluoric acid (HF) vapor facial exposure : Case report', 2011.
- Martin W. Dnser, Markus Ohlbauer, Josef Rieder, Isabella Zimmermann, Helmut Ruatti, Anton H. Schwabegger, Florian Bodrogi, Georg M. Huemer, Barbara E. Friesenecker, Andreas J. Mayr, Philipp Lirk, 'Critical care management of major hydrofluoric acid burns: a case report, review of the literature, and recommendations for therapy', Burns, 30, 391-398 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2004.01.005
- R. L. Sheridan, C. M. Ryan, W. C. Quinby Jr, J. Blair, R. G. Tompkins and J. F. Burke, 'Emergency management of major hydrofluoric acid exposures', Burns, 21(1), 62-64 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-4179(95)90785-X
- J. J. R. Kirkpatrick, D. S. Enion and D. A. R. Burd, 'Hydrofluoric acid burns: a review', Burns, 21(7), 483-493 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-4179(95)93254-H
- J. E. Lee, B. S. Suh, C. H. Jo, W.-C. Lee, 'Hydrofluoric Acid Burns: A Case Report', Korean J Occup Environ, 23(2), 255-233 (2011).
- Korea Food & Drug Administration, 'Risk Profile : Fluorine', 2010.
- Validation of analysis of urinary fluoride by ion selective electrode method vol.27, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2014.27.6.333