- Volume 20 Issue 3
This paper describes the application method of bumper area defined in the ship domain theory and it is to identify risky sectors in VTS(Vessel Traffic Services) area. The final goal of this work is to develop early warning system providing the location information with high traffic risks in Mokpo VTS area and to prevent the human errors of VTS Officer(VTSO). The current goal of this paper is to find evaluation and detection method of risky sectors. The ratio between overlapped bumper area of each vessels and the summing area of a designated sector, Ratio to Evaluate Risk(RER)
Ratio to Evaluate Risk(RER);Bumper area;Risky sector;Marine safety;Vessel traffic services;VTS Officer(VTSO);Human error
- KHOA(2011), Chart No. 301 Mokpo Hang, Korea Hydrographic and Oceanographic Administration.
- WikiHow(2014), How to Calculate the Area of a Polygon, http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-the-Area-of-a-Polygon/.
- Frandsen, A. G., D. Olsen, H. T. Lund and P. E. Bach (1991), Evaluation of Minimum Bridge Span Openings Applying Ship Domain Theory, Transportation Research Records 1313, pp. 83-90.
- Fujii, Y. and K. Tanaka(1971), Traffic Capacity, Journal of Navigation, Vol. 24(4), pp. 543-552. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463300022384
- Fujii, Y., H. Yamanouchi and T. Matui(1984), Survey on Vessel Traffic Management System and Brief Introduction to Marine Traffic Studies, Electronic Navigation Research Institute Paper, No. 45, Ministry of Transportation.
- IMO(1997), Resolution A.857(20); Guidelines for Vessel Traffic Services, adopted on 27 November 1997, pp. 1-26.
- Kunz, C. U.(1998), Ship Bridge Collision in River Traffic, Analysis and Design Practice, Ship Collision Analysis, Edited by Henrik Gluver and Dan Olsen, A. A. Balkema, Denmark, pp. 13-21
- Larsen, Ole Damgaard(1993), Ship Collision with Bridge, IABSE, pp. 1-131.
- Mokpo VTS(2014), Specification of Mokpo VTS Area, http://www.vtskorea.info/Service.do?id=sub04_mokpo/.
- Port of Mokpo(2013), Provisions for Port Facility Operating in Mokpo Port, Clause 4, Appendix 1 for, Waterway Limits of Mokpo Port, Mokpo Regional Maritime Affaires and Port Administration, p. 17, http://mokpo.mof.go.kr/.
- SOLAS(2002), SOLAS Chapter V, Safety of Navigation, Revised 1, July 2002, http://www.imo.org/.
- Wikipedia(2014), Vessel Traffic Services, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vessel_traffic_service/.
- AASHTO(1991), Guide Specification and Commentary for Vessel Collision Design of Highway Bridges, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Vol. 1, pp. 1-120.
- A Study on Maritime Traffic Characteristics according to Water Time(Multte) vol.21, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2015.21.5.501
- Determining the Number of Risk Level Using Real-time Sensitivities in the Probabilistic Maritime Risk Evaluation vol.20, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.6.685