- Volume 20 Issue 3
This study applied regression analysis to evaluate the impact of hourly average congestion calculated by bumper model in the congested area of each passage of each port on the peak time congestion, to suggest the model formula that can predict the peak time congestion. This study conducted regression analysis of hourly average congestion and peak time congestion based on the AIS survey study of 20 ports in Korea. As a result of analysis, it was found that the hourly average congestion has a significant impact on the peak time congestion and the prediction model formula was derived. This formula(
Marine traffic congestion;Hourly average congestion;Peak time congestion;Bumper model;AIS survey;Regression analysis
- SK Gas(2011), Maritime Traffic Safety Audit Report of SK 3 Wharf and SK Gas Wharf Expansion, Chapter 6, pp. 5-26.
- Koo, J. Y.(1997b), Evaluation of Traffic Congestion in Channels within Harbour Limit-On Channels in Ulsan New Port Development, Journal of Korean Port Research, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 173-189.
- Lee, Y. S. and Y. J. Ahn(2013), A Study on the Standard Ship's Length of Domestic Trade Port, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 164-170. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.2.164
- Park, Y. S., J. Y. Jeong and J. S. Kim(2010), A Study on the Minimum Safety Distance between Navigation Vessels based on Vessel Operator's Safety Consciousness, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 401-406.
- Um, H. C., W. J. Jang, K. M. Cho and I. S. Cho(2012), A Study on the Assessment of the Marine Traffic Congestion and the Improvement of a Technology Standards, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 416-422. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2012.18.5.416
- Yeo, K. T., H. G. Lee, S. M. Soak and C. Y. Lee(1998), A Simulation Study on the Marine Traffic Congestion in Pusan Port, Journal of Korean Port Research, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 1-17.
- Fujii, Y., K. Watanabe, K. Tanaka, K. Yamada and H. Miyagi(1966a), On the Navigational Traffic Capacity-PartI Effective Area of Small Boats, National Maritime Research Institute Report, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-16.
- Fujii, Y., K. Watanabe, K. Tanaka, K. Yamada and M. Sekii(1966b), On the Navigational Traffic Capacity-PartII Effective Area of Large Ships, National Maritime Research Institute Report, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 17-26.
- Inoue, K. and K. Hara(1973), Relations between the number of observational days and the accuracy on the estimation of average annual daily traffic volume, Japan Institute of Navigation, No. 50, pp. 1-8.
- Jeong, J. Y., Y. S. Park and J. S. Park(2006), A Study on the Ship's Domain in the Restricted Water(I), Proceedings of KINPR Autumn Conference, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 5-7.
- Kim, J. H., S. G. Gug and M. C. Kim(2006), Estimation on the Future Traffic Volume and Analysis on Crossing Situation Risk for Gamcheon Harbor, Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 617-622. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2006.30.8.617
- Koo, J. Y.(1997a), Evaluation of Congestion due to Traffic Volume in Narrow Channel-On Gaduk Channel according to Busan New Port Development, Journal of the Korean Institute of Navigation, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 19-40.