- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Multilevel Analysis for Factors effecting on the Health-related Quality of Life in Dental Technicians
치과기공사의 건강관련 삶의 질에 영향을 미치는 요인에 대한 다수준분석 연구
- Lee, Tae-Yong (Department of Preventive Medicine, Chungnam National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Medical Sciences) ;
- Kim, Won-Soo (Department of Dental Technology, Daejeon Health Science College) ;
- Lee, Hye-Eun (Department of Dental Technology, Daejeon Health Science College)
- Received : 2014.02.26
- Accepted : 2014.06.12
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted to provide the basic data for the prevention and management of health risk of dental technicians by proposing the necessary data in the management of the health related quality of life of dental technicians. The subjects of the survey were 141 dental technicians working in 30 dental technical laboratories and corresponding companies in Daejeon area. A structured self-entry type questionnaire survey was implemented by measuring the work environment from December 20, 2011 to January 31, 2012 at the same time. The total score of health index showed a significant difference according to the working hours and smoking state as the a factor of the individual level, the physical health index showed a significant difference according to the smoking state and the exercise habits as the factor of the individual level. The mental health index showed a significant difference according to the working hours and smoking state as the factor of the individual level. The significant variable did not appear in the predictor of the group level. In conclusion, the quality of life of dental technicians in relation to health appeared to have a larger effect on the factor of the individual level than the factor of the group level.
- Y. E. KIM, Y. E. SHIN, Y. M. KIM. Caregiver Burden and Health-related Quality of Life Among Stroke Caregivers. Journal of Korean public health of Nursing. Vol.18. No.1. p.5-13. 2004.
- S. S. Kwon. A Study on the Relationship between Self-reported Symptoms and Quality of Life among the Dental Technicians. The Graduate School Hanyang University. 2010.
- Blanco-Dalman L. The nickel problem. J Prosthet Dent Vol.48. No.1. p. 99-101. 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(82)90054-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(82)90054-3
- Kulak Y, Arikan A. Effect of dental base metal alloys on IgE level and some blood parameters. J Oral Rehabil Oct Vol.24. No.10. p.749-754. 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2842.1997.00549.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2842.1997.00549.x
- Yoshida H1, Nagate C, Mirbod SM, Iwata H, Inaba R. Analysis of subjective symptoms of upper extremities in dental technicians. Sangyo Igaku. Jan Vol.33. No.1. p.17-22. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1539/joh1959.33.17
- B. C. LIM. A Study on the Occupational Diseases of the Dental Technicians and the RElates Factors in Korea . Korean Journal of Health Education And Promotion. Vol.18. No.2. p.141-156. 2001.
- D. C. .LEE. Factors Affecting to Job Stress and Subjective Physical Symptoms in Dental Technician. Department of Public the Health Graduate School YoungNam University. 2010.
- S.S. Kwon. A study of the psychosomatic self-reported symptom factors affecting health-related quality of life(HRQOL) among the dental technicians. the Journal of Korean academy of dental technology. vol.33. No.1. p.1-133. 2011.
- Y. K. Ko. Identification of factors related to hospital nurses's organizational citizenship behavior using a Multi-level Analysis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. Vol.38. No.2. p.287-297. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.2.287 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.2.287
- Belloc NB. Relationship of health practice and mortality. Prev Med Mar Vol.2. No.1. p.67-81. 1973. https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(73)90009-1
- Breslow L, Enstrom JE. Persistence of health habits and their relationship to mortality. Prev Med, Jul Vol.9. No.4. p.469-483. 1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(80)90042-0
- M. S. Lee. Research on perceived working environment and working conditions affecting health status of the inducstrial wokers. Korean public health Association. Vol.17. No.2. p.101-111. 1991.
- T. W. Gwak.. Relationship between 7 health habits (Alameda 7) and health-related quality of life. The Graduate School Yonsei University. 2005.
- Ware JE Jr, Sherbourne CD. The MOS 36-Item Short Form Health Survey(SF-36): I. conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care June Vol.30. No.6. p.473-48. 1992.. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199206000-00002
- Ware, John E. How to score version 2 of the sf-36 health survey(standard e-acute forms). Quality Metric Inc and Tufts University medical school. 2001.
- S. M. Lee. A study on Employee's Health status and Quality of Life by Using SF-12. Department of Public Health the Graduate School Catholic University of Daegu. 2010.
- H. S. Seo. A study on the thermal sensation vote with comfort dry-bulb temperature and relative humidity by food intake for male and female University students. The Graduate School Keimyung University. 2010.
- Beranek LL, Blazier WE, Fiqwer JJ. Preferred noise criteria(PNC) curves and their application to rooms. J Acoust Soc Am Nov vol.50. No.5A. p. 1223-1228. 1971. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/1.1912760 https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1912760
- K. Y. Park. (The) Effect of Industrial Noisy Environmental Status on Workers' Stress. The Graduate School Ewha woman's University. 1995.
- H. O. Jang.. Relationship between Work Environment and Health Conditions of Dental Technicians. Department of Public Health the Graduate School Kosin University. 2003.
- E. J. Song.. Working conditions & Health effect to Dental Technician. Department of Occupational Health the Graduate School of Yonsei University. 2004.
- Y. H. Hong. Evaluation of work Environment and Occupational Exposure to Dental Technicians. Department of public the Health Graduate School Catholic University of Daegu. 2011.
- M. Y. Choi. (A) Study on The Health Status of Working Girl Students by Todai Health Index (THI). Department of Health the Graduate School of Ewha woman's University. 1992.
- S. S. Kwon. Moon HJ, Shin MS, Kim YS, A Study on the Health Status of Dental Technicians by Todai Health Index(THI). Journal of Dental Hygiene Science. Vol.9. No.2. p.169-179. 2009.
- J. W. Bahk. C. H. Roh, Relationship Between Self-reported Symptoms of Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders and Health Related Quality.Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Vol.19. No.2. p.156-163. 2009.
- Y. C. Kim. .C. H. Lee. Subhective Symptoms and Work-related Health Risk Factors in Korean Dental Laboratory Technicians. The Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Technology. Vol.22. No.1. p. 89-112. 2000.