- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Traffic Volume on the Air Quality at Monitoring Sites in Gwangju
광주광역시 대기오염측정소 주변 교통량이 대기질에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Dae-Haeng (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- An, Sang-Su (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Song, Hyeong-Myeong (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Park, Ok-Hyun (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Park, Kang-Soo (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Seo, Gwang-Yeob (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Cho, Young-Gwan (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju) ;
- Kim, Eun-Sun (Public Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju)
- 이대행 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 안상수 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 송형명 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 박옥현 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 박강수 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 서광엽 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 조영관 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원) ;
- 김은선 (광주광역시 보건환경연구원)
- Received : 2014.04.28
- Accepted : 2014.06.27
- Published : 2014.06.30
Objectives: Vehicular emissions are one of the main sources of air pollution in urban areas. Correlation analysis was conducted between air pollutants and traffic volume in order to identify causes of air pollution in Gwangju. Methods: Using traffic volumes and air quality monitoring data from 2002 to 2012 from nine stations (seven urban areas, two roadside areas), especially at three sites where traffic volumes were high, the correlation coefficients were obtained between air pollutants as PM-10 (particulate matter),
Air pollutants;Correlation coefficient;Roadside area;Traffic volume;Urban area
Supported by : 환경부
S. Stephens, S. Madronich, F. Wu, J.B. Olson, R. Ramos, A. Retama, and R. Munoz. Weekly patterns of Mexico City on Surface concentrations of CO,
$NO_x$, PM10 and $O_3$during 1986 to 2007. Atmos. Chem. Phys. 2008; 8: 5313-5325. https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-8-5313-2008
- Cho HY, Kim CH. Air Quality Characteristics related to Long-range Transport of Haze in Seoul and Busan of Korea. J. Korean society for Atmospheric Environment. 2011; 27(1) : 73-86. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2011.27.1.073
- Bureau of Environment and Ecology in Gwangju. Business Report for Atmospheric Policy Improvement. 2013; 5-111.
- Ministry of Environment. Instruction of Installation and Operation on Air Pollution Monitoring Network. 2011; 13-358.
- Ministry of Environment. Test Standards of Air Pollution. 2012; ES 01351.-ES 01355.1.
- Cheong JP, You SJ. Estimation on the Contribution of VOCs and Nitric Oxides in Creating Photochemical Oxone. J. Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2010; 32(2): 209-218.
- Yu SS. Research of Air Quality Improvement in Seoul through Temporal and Spatial Variation Analysis. Konkuk University Doctor Degree Thesis. 2008; 22-171.
- Kim HG. A Study on Characteristics of the Air Pollutants Emissions by using Biodiesel and DPF. Inha University Master Degree Thesis. 2008; 21-30.
- Kil HG, Kim HG, Kim GS, et al. Estimation of the Contribution of Nitric Oxides and VOCs in Creating Photochemical Ozone. J. Health and Environment Research Institute of Seoul. 2003; 39: 333-340.
- GO JH, Choi YJ, Lee SH, Lee TG. Exploration of the Relationship between Traffic Volume and Air Quality Using Existing Monitoring Data. Korean Society of Transportation. 2009; 27(5): 29-37.
Kang MH, Lee SY, A MJ, Kim DR, et al. Variation of
$NO_2$, $O_3$, and Particulate Matter in Seoul Area. J. Health and Environment Research Institute of Seoul. 2006; 42: 381-386.
- Song CH. The Contributions of Long Range Transported aerosol in Gwangju on Air Pollution by comparing/analyzing Satellite-derived aerosol optical Thickness and Air Station Data. Gwangju Green Environment Center. 2013; 32-60.
- National Institute of Environmental Research. Annual Report of Air Quality in Korea 2012. 2013; 122-123.
- Health and Environment Research Institute of Gyeonggido. 2012 Report for Estimation of Air Quality in Gwangju. 2013; 31-113.
- Sun WY. The Study on the Influence of Vehicular Air Pollution at Traffic Volume Crowded Area. Natural Institute of Environmental Research. 2012; 61-115.
- Kwon SI, Park YH, Kim JS, et al. The Study on Estimation Characteristics of Diesel Vehicle on Various Driving Condition. Natural Institute of Environmental Research. 2012; 10-28.
- Ministry of Environment. 2012 Environment White Paper. 2012; 203-222.
- Gwangju. 2013 City Policy White Paper. 2013; 643-662.
- Health and Environment Research Institute of Gwangju. 2012 Report for Estimation of Air Quality in Gwangju. 2013; 13-82.
- Bae GN, Lee SB. Contamination Level of Vehicle-Related Air Pollutants at a Roadside in the Downtown Area of Seoul. 2009 KSAE Part Total Conference. 2009; 340-345.
- Jo WG, Choi SR. Characteristics of Air Pollutant Concentrations Near Major Roadways in Daegu. J. Environ. Sci. 2006; 15(8): 737-744.
Kwon OY, An YS. Temporal and Spatial Distributions of PM10,
$NO_x$and $O_3$around the Road. J. Korean Society Atmos. Environ. 2006; 22(4): 440-450.
- Kim MG. Reduction of Air Pollution by Traffic Regulation Policies, Busan Development Institute. 2002; 25-31.
- Cho WG, Choi SL. Characteristics of Concentration of Air Pollutants at Main Roadside in Daegu. J. Korean Environ. Sci. 2006; 15(8): 737-744.
Kwon TK, Kim HC. Distribution of
$NO_x$and CO among the Ambient Air by Traffic Volume Characteristics and Distance from Roadside. J. Korean Sanitation. 1997; 12(3): 41-49.
- Lee SB, Bae GN. Characteristics of Air Pollution at a Junction Area Contaminated with Vehicle Emissions. Transactions of KSAE. 2010; 18(4): 48-53.
- Jeong, WS. A Study on Air Quality Characteristics in Gwangju, Chosun University Doctor Degree Thesis. 2011; 57-124.