- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the marginal and internal fit of lithium disilicate crowns fabricated by different scanning methods
다른 스캐닝 방법으로 제작된 리튬 디실리케이트 단관의 변연 및 내면 적합도 평가
- Kim, Jae-Hong (Department of Dental Lab. Science & Engineering, College of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Kim, Woong-Chul (Department of Dental Lab. Science & Engineering, College of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hwan (Department of Dental Lab. Science & Engineering, College of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University)
- Received : 2014.04.28
- Accepted : 2014.06.26
- Published : 2014.06.30
Purpose: This study was to compare adaptations of lithium disilicate CAD/CAM crowns fabricated with different scanning systems. Methods: This study selected the mandibular right first molar as an abutment for experiments and produced 10 working models. Lithium disilicate crowns appropriate for each abutment were produced by using a CEREC
All ceramic restoration;Optical scanner;Marginal and internal fit;Silicone replica technique
- Molin M, Karlsson S. The fit of gold inlays and three ceramic inlay systems. A clinical and in vitro study. Acta Odontol Scand, 51(4), 201-206, 1993. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016359309040568
- Christensen GJ. Impressions are changing: deciding on conventional, digital or digital plus in-office milling. J Am Dent Assoc, 140(10), 1301-1304, 2009. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2009.0054
- Colpani JT, Borba M, Della Bona A. Evaluation of marginal and internal fit of ceramic crown copings. Dent Mater, 29(2), 174-180, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2012.10.012
- Davidowiz G, Kotick PG. The use of CAD/CAM in dentistry. Dent Clin North Am, 55(4), 559-570, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cden.2011.02.011
- Fransson B, Olio G, Gjeitanger R. The fit of metalceramic crowns, a clinical study. Dent Mater, 1(5), 197-199, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(85)80019-1
- Herrguth M, Wichmann M, Reich S. The aesthetics of all-ceramic veneered and monolithic CAD/CAM crowns. J Oral Rehabil, 32(10), 747-752, 2010.
- Bindl A, Mormann WH. Marginal and internal fit of all-ceramic CAD/CAM crown-copings on chamfer preparations. J Oral Rehabil, 32(6), 441-447, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2005.01446.x
- Bindl A, Mormann WH. Clinical and SEM evaluation of all-ceramic chair-side CAD/CAM generated partial crowns. Eur J Oral Sci, 111(2), 163-169, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0722.2003.00022.x
- Holmes JR, Bayne SC, Holland GA, Sulik WD. Considerations in measurement of marginal fit. J Prosthet Dent, 62(4), 405-408, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(89)90170-4
- Jung HK. CEREC inLab system을 이용한 임상응용에 관한 연구. J Korean Acad Dent Tech, 30(2), 165-172, 2008.
- Kim KB, Kim WC, Kim HY, Kim JH. An evaluation of marginal fit of three-unit fixed dental prostheses fabricated by direct metal laser sintering system. Dent Mater, 29(7), e91-e96.
- McLean JM, von Fraunhofer JA. The estimation of cement film thickness by an in vivo technique. Br Dent J, 131(3), 107-111, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4802708
- Miyazaki T, Hotta Y, Kunii J, Kuriyama S, Tamaki Y. A review of dental CAD/CAM: current status and future perspectives from 20 years of experience. Dent Mater J, 28(1), 44-56, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4012/dmj.28.44
- Mormann WH. The evolution of the CEREC system. J Am Dent Assoc, 137(6), 7S-13S, 2006.
- Mormann WH, Bindl A. The Cerec 3 - a quantum leap for computer-aided restorations: initial clinical results. Quintessence Int, 31(10), 699-712, 2000.
- Rahme HY, Tehini GE, Adib SM, Rifai KT. In vitro evaluation of the "replica technique"in the measurement of the fit of Procera crowns. J Contemp Dent, 9(2), 25-32, 2008.
- Rekow ED. High-technology innovations and limitations for restorative dentistry. Dent Clin North Am, 37(3), 513-524, 1993.
- Reich S, Gozdowski S, Trentzsch L, Frankenberger R, Lohbauer U. Marginal fit of heat-pressed vs. CAD/CAM processed all-ceramic onlay using a milling unit prototype. Oper Dent, 33(6), 644-650, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2341/07-162
- Reich S, Gozdowski S, Lohbauer U. Measurement of cement thickness under lithium disilicate crowns using an impression material technique. Clin Oral Investig, 15(4), 521-526, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-010-0414-x
- Tsitrou EA, Northeast SE, Van NR. Evaluation of the marginal fit of three margin designs of resin composite crowns using CAD/CAM. J Dent, 35(1), 68-73, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2006.04.008
- Wang H, Liao Y, Chao Y, Liang X. Shrinkage and strength characterization of an aluminaglass interpenetrating phase composite for dental use. Dent Mater, 32(9), 1108-1113, 2009.