- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of validity of polyurethane model fabricated by intra-oral scanning method
구강 내 스캐닝 방법에 의해 제작된 폴리우레탄 모형의 정확도 평가
- Kim, Won-Tae (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Daejeon Health College) ;
- Lee, Byung-Ki (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Daejeon Health College) ;
- Hyun, Joung-Ku (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Daejeon Health College) ;
- Kim, Ki-Baek (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Daejeon Health College)
- Received : 2014.05.02
- Accepted : 2014.06.21
- Published : 2014.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was evaluate the validity of polyurethane model fabricated by intra oral scanning method. Methods: Ten sam cases of stone models were manufactured from master model, and polyurethane models were made with the intra oral scanning and CNC milling method. One examiner individually measured 6 distances(intercanine distance, intermolar distance, two dental arch lengths(right, left) and two diagonal of dental arch lengths(right, left) on the stone models and the polyurethane models. The Mann-Whitney U test(
Dental CAD-CAM;Dental model;Digital dentistry;Intra oral scanning
- Henkel GL. A comparison of fixed prostheses generated from conventional vs digitally scanned dental impressions. Compend Contin Educ Dent, 28, 422-424, 2007.
- Ki-Baek Kim, Su-Jin Kim, Jae-Hong Kim, Ji-Hwan Kim. An evaluation of validity of three dimensional digital model fabricated by dental scannable stone. The Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Technology, 35, 29-35, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14347/kadt.2013.35.1.029
- Luthardt RG, Koch R, Rudolph H, Walter MH. Qualitative computer aided evaluation of dental impressions in vivo. Dent Mater, 22, 69-76, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2005.02.015
- Mormann WH, Brandestini M. In: State of the art of CADS/CAM restorations: 20 years of CEREC (Mormann WH) London. Quintessence, 1-8, 2006.
- Quimby ML, Vig KW, Rashid RG, Firestone AR. The accuracy and reliability of measurements made on computer-based digital models. Angle Orthod, 74, 298-303, 2004.
- Reich S, Uhlen S, Gozdowski S, Lohbauer U. Measurement of cement thickness under lithium disilicate crowns using an impression material technique. Clin Oral Investig, 15, 521-526, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-010-0414-x
- Seog-Soon Choi, Ki-Baek Kim, Gyeong-Tak Lee, Jin-Hun Jeon, Jae-Hong Kim. The study on the dimensional stability of digitized dental stone replicas according to difference color of gypsum materials. The Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Technology, 34, 369-377, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14347/kadt.2012.34.4.369
- Witkowski S. (CAD-)/CAM in dental technology, Quintessence Dent Technol, 28, 169-184, 2005.
- Bootvong K, Liu Z, McGrath C, Hagg U, Wong RW, Bendeus M, Yeung S. Virtual model analysis as an alternative approach to plaster model analysis: reliability and validity. Eur J Orthod, 23, 589-595, 2010.