- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Perception of Dental Personnel and Dental Technicians on Interprofessional Collaboration - Focus on Dental Technicians -
치과 의료 인력과 치과기공사의 업무협력에 대한 인식 - 치과기공사 중심으로 -
- Kim, Jung-Suk (Department of Dental Technology, Daejeon health science college) ;
- Lee, Hye-Eun (Department of Dental Technology, kyungdong university)
- Received : 2014.05.13
- Accepted : 2014.06.24
- Published : 2014.06.30
Purpose: This study has been carried out to help to enhance the measures of interprofessional collaboration between Dental personnel and dental technicians, and between dental technicians themselves through the analysis of recognition of interprofessional collaboration between dental technicians. Methods: The subjects in this study were 130 dental technicians who were self-written questionnaire. The results were analyzed by SPSS 12.0. The collected data was analyzed by frequency and Correlation. Results: As a result of examining the correlation analysis of each question to explore the factors that affect interprofessional collaboration recognition of dental technicians, the group which received criticism from dental personnel showed negative (-) correlation in the interprofessional collaboration recognition (p<0.05). The following groups showed positive (+) correlations in the recognition of interprofessional collaboration : the group who replied that they can utilize information on the patients associated with the prosthesis production (p<0.01); the group who thinks that they are sharing common goals (P<0.01); and the group who replied that Dental personnel are familiar with patients (p<0.01). The following groups also showed higher positive (+) correlations in the recognition of interprofessional collaboration : the group who replied that they frequently discuss patient's information with Dental personnel (p<0.01); the group who thinks they have mutual confidence in one another (p<0.01); the group who thinks that cooperation among their colleagues in dental technique laboratories are being done well (p<0.01); and the group that has high job satisfaction (p<0.01). Conclusion: Effective communication and team work between human resources for providing medical service of the facility are essential for safe and high-quality medical service to patients. Further, such elements are directly connected to efficiency of the entire team. The reliability between dental technician and Dental personnel for cooperation should not be neglected therefore continuous interests in inter-cooperative partnership is required.
interprofessional collaboration;Dental personnel;Dental laboratory technicians
- Robert L.B., The Social work dictionary, 3rd, NASW PRESS, 1995.
- Sa DH. (The)role of intermediary groups in environmental policy formation. The graduate school of korea unversity, 1996.
- Shim SY. Choi WY. Perceptional Gap Analysis on Business satisfaction between Dentist and Dental Hygienist. kaics, Vol12(3), 1165-1170, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.3.1165
- Smith KG. Carrroll SJ. Ashford SJ. "Intra and interorganizational cooperation: Toward a research agenda"Academy of Management Journal, Vol38, 7-23, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256726
- Uldricks J.m., Hicks MJ., Whitacre HL., Anderson J., Moeschberger ML. Dental hygienists' utilization of periodontal assessment skills and perceived collaboration with dentistemployer. The Ohio State University, JDH/American Dental Hygienist'Association, Vol67(1), 22-29, 1993.
- Zwarenstein M, Bryant W. Interventions to promote collaboration between nurses and doctors. Cochrane Database of Syst, Rev(2), 2000.
- Jamel TB. Getz D. Collaboration theory and community tourism planning Annals of Tourism Research, 22(1), 186-204, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(94)00067-3
- Kang JO. Recognition about communication of dental personnels in dental clinics and hospitals in the capital. The graduate school of kyunghee university, 2011.
- Kim DH. (A) Study on the Variables Influencing the Interdisciplinary team collaboration in Mental Health. The Graduate school of EHwa university, 1997.
- Kim JL, Perception of Doctor and Nurse on Interprofessional collaboration in hospital wards. The Graduate school of hanyang university, 2009.
- Krogstad, U, Hofoss D, Hjortdahl P. Doctor and nurse perception of inter-professional cooperation in hospitals. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 16(6), 491-497, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzh082
- Landar RJ. Assessment of social communication skills in preschoolers. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res, 11(3), 247-52, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrdd.20079
- Lee GS. A study on the Conflict and cooperation of the local Goverment(Focusing on Taejoun, chung-buk, chung-nam). The graduate scool of chung-nam university, 2008.
- Lee JH. Job satisfaction of dental technician who work in the area of Seoul. The Graduate school of Occupational Health, Catholic University, 2005
- Lee JH. Recognition and Competence on Internal Communication of Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Technician. Graduate school of public Health, Korea University, 2012.
- Lee SS. A Factor Analysis on Job Stress Level in Dental Hygienists. Journal of Korean society for health education, vol15(1), 151-163, 1998.
- Mo JH, (An)empirical study on the effects of leadership and communication on the organizational performance: focusing on the mediating effects of communication. The Graduate school of youngin university, 2010.
- Oh JS. (A) study on the Factors Affecting the Job Satisfaction of Dental Hygienists in Korea. Administration PhD thesis of Graduate school of Chosun university, 2001.
- Ok SH. The Influence of Job Stress and Burnout on Job Satisfaction among Dental Technicians. Graduate school of Public Health, Inje University, 2010.
- Abramson J, Mizrahi T. "When Social Wovrkers and Physicians Collaborate; Positie and Negative". Interdisciplinary Experiences Social Work, 41(3), 271, 1996.
- An YS., Kim CY. "consideration of the conflict due to externality between local governments. KLOG, 2(2), 95-109, 1998.
- Bang SE. A study on the job satisfaction between dental technicians and another medical technician. the graduate school of the kookmin university, 1987.
- Brill Naomi I. "Teamwork: Working Together in The Human Services.", J.B.Lippincott, 1976.
- Choi WY. Dentist and Dental Hygienist perception of inter-professional collaboration. Deptment of medical administration graduate school of public administration local autonomy hanyang university, 2009.
- Gwon KD, Kim YM, Jang UY, Kim DJ. A study on the relationship local government. The Korean Association for Local Government Studies, 12, 31-55, 2008.
- Han PH, Kim SG, Kim PD. (A) study alternatives to promoting cooperative projects among local governments, KRILA, 350(06), 2002.