- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of CAPS marker for identifying a Formosan lily (Lilium formosanum)
흰나리(Lilium formosanum Wallace) 식별을 위한 CAPS 마커의 개발
- Chung, Sung Jin (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Ka Youn (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yoon, A Ra (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jang, Ji Young (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jin Kug (National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Lee, Geung-Joo (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University)
- 정성진 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 이가연 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 윤아라 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 장지영 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 김진국 (국립농산물품질관리원 충남지원) ;
- 이긍주 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과)
- Received : 2014.06.16
- Accepted : 2014.06.30
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted to identify lily species native to Korea from formosan lily (Lilium formosanum) belonging to Longiflorum section. Due to flowering time, flower color and orientation, long shelf life and resistant to diseases, the native lily species can be valuable genetic resources for interspecific hybrids. One of the chloroplast genes, matK, was used to clone and sequence to explore any base changes. The matK was successfully amplified into 1,539 bp (94% of the gene) and phylogenetic tree demonstrated 6 clades for those 11 lily species used in this study. There were one or two base substitutions among 10 lilies native to Korea, while formosan lily native to Taiwan exhibited 6 base substitutions in matK gene, rendering it genetically distant. A restriction enzyme NruI recognized one of the six base changes, and digested the matK gene of 10 native lily species only, but not in formosan lily. The confirmed cleavage characteristic of the target region in matK gene was designed into a CAPS (cleaved amplified polymorphic sequences) marker which will be available to estimate compatibility of interspecific hybridization and to trace the pedigree when those native lilies are crossed with the formosan lily.
Supported by : 농림수산식품기술기획평가원
- Tamura K, Glen S, Daniel P, Alan F, Kumar S. 2013. MEGA6: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis version 6.0. Molecular Biology and Evolution 30:2725-2729. https://doi.org/10.1093/molbev/mst197
- Xi M, Sun L, Qiu S, Liu J, Xu J, Shi J. 2012. In vitro mutagenesis and identification of mutants via ISSR in lily (Lilium longiflorum). Plant Cell Reports 31:1043-1051. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00299-011-1222-8
- Hilu KW, Liang H. 1997. The matK gene:sequence variation and application in plant systematics. American Journal of Botany 84:830-839. https://doi.org/10.2307/2445819
- Hwang YJ, Kim HH, Kim JB, Lim KB. 2011. Karyotype analysis of Lilium tigrinum by FISH. Horticulture, Environment and Biotechnology 52:292-297. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13580-011-0225-2
- Hwang YJ, Lucidos JG, Ahn BJ, Ahn HG, Lim KB. 2012. Crossing affinity of oriental hybrid 'Siberia' and Korean native lily species. Flower Research Journal 20(4):167-171. https://doi.org/10.11623/frj.2012.20.4.167
- Jeong JH, Kim KS, Yeom DY, Hong YP. 1989. Studies on the distribution and eco-morphological characteristics of the Korean native lilies. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science 7:180-182.
- Jeong JH, Kwon ST. 1995. Studies on the in vitro culture of Korean native Lilium cernum. Daesan Collection of Treatises 3:1-11.
- Kochhar S. 2004. System perspective for IPR protection in the plant kingdom. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights 9: 342-355.
- Lim KG, van Tuyl JM. 2006. Lily: Lilium hybrids. In Flower breeding and genetics. Issues, challenges and opportunities for the 21st century edited by Anderson NO. pp.517-537. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. 2013. 2012 Floriculture statistical yearbook.
- Royal Horticultural Society. 2007. The international lily register and checklist. Alden Group, London, UK.
- Shahin A, Arens P, van Heusden AW, van der Linden G, van Kaauwen Martijn, Khan N. Schouten HJ, van de Weg WE, Visser RGF, van Tuyl JM. 2011. Genetic mapping in Lilium: mapping of major genes and quantitative trait loci for several ornamental traits and disease resistances. Plant Breeding 130:372-382. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0523.2010.01812.x
- Sultana S, Lim YP, Bang J-W, Choi H-W. 2011. Internal transcribed spacer (ITS) and genetic variations in Lilium native to Korea. Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology 52:502-510. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13580-011-0050-7
- Barthet MM, Hilu KW. 2007. Expression of : Function and evolutionary implications. American Journal of Botany 94:1402-1412. https://doi.org/10.3732/ajb.94.8.1402
- Choi GJ. 2002. International union for the protection of new varieties of plants (UPOV) and 1991 UPOV act. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 20:28.
- Chung MY, Chung JD, Tuyl JM, Lim KB. 2009. GISH analysis of subsequent progeny crossed with 2n-gametes of F1 oriental-asiatic interspecific hybrid in lily. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 27:649-656.
- Hayashi K, Kawano S. 2000. Molecular systematics of Lilium and allied genera (Liliaceae): Phylogenetic relationships among Lilium and related genera based on the rbcL and gene sequence data. Plant Species Biology 15:73-93. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1442-1984.2000.00025.x
- Harden GJ. 2007. Lilium formosanum A. Wallace. PlantNET-New South Wales Flora Online (http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au.) Sydney, New South Wales.