- Volume 38 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Design Parameters for Steel Grating Using Taguchi Method Considering Rigidity and Drainage Efficiency
다구찌기법 기반의 강성과 배수능력 관계를 고려한 스틸그레이팅의 설계변수 최적화
- Kim, Woo-Tae (Div. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kongju Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Se-Jin (Div. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kongju Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.17
- Accepted : 2014.05.14
- Published : 2014.08.01
The steel grating discussed in this study is a drain cover that enhances the rigidity of the steel frame using an inclined inflow tract for wastewater, facilitates smooth drainage, and prevents the escape of bad smell from the drain. Recently, the urban problem of bad smell in sewerage lines has been hindering the improvement of living standards. Moreover, the frequent failure of existing products deters bad smell prevention measures and results in administrative power and budget wastage. The pressure to reduce budgets propels the increased demand for functional steel grating. Thus, this study focused on optimizing the design parameters of a steel grating by simultaneously considering its rigidity and drainage efficiency.
Steel Grating;Finite Element Analysis;Design of Experiment;Taguchi Method
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Oh, S. K., Lee, K. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y-C. and Kim, Y. S., 2011, "Robust Optimization of the Solenoid Assembly in Electromagnetic Limited Differential by Considering the Uncertainties in Machining Variables," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 10, pp. 1307-1313. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.10.1307
- Oh, S. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y-C., Kim, D. B., Sung, J. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2008, "Optimization of design Variables of the Multi Layer Bellows Using FESimulation and Design of Experiment," Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., pp. 277-280.
- Park, S. H., 2006, Modern Design of Experiments, Minyoungsa, Mapo-gu Seoul-si Korea, pp.563-589.
- Choi, W. K., Choi, S. G., Shin, H. J. and Lee, E. S., 2012, "A Study in the Optimal Machining of 12 inch Wafer Polishing by Taguchi Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 48-54.
- Lee, Y., Lee, T. and Um, Y. J., 2007, "Design Guide of Steel Grating for Prevention of Flooded Area in Road," The Conference of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, pp. 454-457.
- Kwon, T. H., Suh, C. H., Lee, R. G., Oh, S. K. and Jung, Y.-C., 2013, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 1541-1546. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1541
- Kim, S. H., Park, Y. C. and Park, J. H., 2010, "Optimization of Pre-form for Manufacturing of Automobile Crum Clutch Hub Products Using Taguchi Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp.101-108.
- SPS-KMIC-007-2014:2013, Korea Metal Industry Cooperative Standard, pp. 10.
- Kim, Y. S. and Park, K. C., 1996, "Sensitivity Analysis of Material and Process Variables Affecting on the Stamping Formability," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp.2246-2256.