- Volume 38 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Study of Shipbuilding Cost Estimation for Catamaran-type Leisure Boats Using Product Configuration Model
제품구성모델을 이용한 쌍동형 레저보트 건조공수 추정 연구
- Oh, Dae Kyun (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Mokpo Nat'l Maritime Univ.) ;
- Oh, Woo Jun (Korea Marine Equipment Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong Kun (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Mokpo Nat'l Maritime Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.17
- Accepted : 2014.05.26
- Published : 2014.08.01
The leisure boat industry has the potential to become a high-value-added industry in the future. Recently, a study on Korean high-speed leisure boats for fishing was conducted. This study suggests a product configuration model-based shipbuilding cost estimation method for determining the type of leisure boat suitable for mass production, as part of a research for productivity improvement. The suggested estimation method based on the analysis of the leisure boat process and generic YWBS can calculate quantitative and concrete data. By using this method, the cost of building the catamaran-type design ship can be reduced by 17 times, compared to that of the monohull-type mother ship. This implies that the final design of the Korean high-speed leisure boat for fishing will have a competitive price at the actual production stage.
Product Configuration Model;Work Breakdown Structure;Production Cost Estimation;Analytic Hierarchy Process
- Lee, D. K., Nam, S. H., Jeong, Y. K. and Shin, J. G., 2014, "Development of a Generic-YWBS for Engineering Integrated Management of Sailing Yacht," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 51, No. 1. pp. 16-25. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2014.51.1.16
- Ennis, K. J., Dougherty, J. J., Lamb, T., Greenwell, C. R. and Zimmermann, R., 1997, "Product-Oriented Design and Construction Cost Model," Proceedings of NSRP 1997 Ship Production Symposium.
- Oh, D. K., Jeong, Y. H., Shin, J. G. and Choi, Y. R., 2009, "Construction Cost Estimation on the Initial Design Stage of Naval Ships based on a Product Configuration Model," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp.351-361. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2009.46.3.351
- Ross, J. M., 2004, "A Practical Approach for Ship Construction Cost Estimating," Proceedings of COMPIT 2004, pp. 98-110.
- Okayama, Y. and Chirillo, L. D., 1980, "Product Work Breakdown Structure," NSRP, Vol.117.
- Koenig, P. C., MacDonald, P., Lamb, T. and Dougherty, J., 1997, "Towards a Generic Product-Oriented Work Breakdown Structure for Shipbuilding," Proceedings of NSRP 1997 Ship Production Symposium.
- Lee, D. K., Nam, S. H., Jeong, Y. K. and Shin, J. G., 2013, "Development of a Web-Based Application for YWBS in Integrated Management Systems," Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 46-54. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.1.046