- Volume 14 Issue 7
The focus maintains and manages conference session in the conference service. Load of focus increases by the number of participants and it becomes the major reason that limits the extendability of the large-scale conference service. In this paper, a new distributed focus control method has been proposed to solve this problem. Load of focus has been distributed to several conference nodes to implement large-scale conference service in this architecture. Conference nodes which have focus function subscribe to conference server's conference information database, and focus hae been allocated dynamically to process participants needs according to total numbers of the conference participants. For this purpose a new conference control event package for focus load control has been suggested. Furthermore the exchange procedure of SIP messages between focuses and participants also been suggested. The performance of the proposed system has been evaluated by simulation.
Conference Service;Focus;SIP(Session Initiation Protocol)
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- H. Schulzrinne, H. Tschofenig, and M. Thomson, "Dynamic Extensions to the Presence Information Data Formate," RFC 5962, 2010(9).
- J. Sim and Y, Kim, "Conferencing Service Interworking in Peer-to-Peer and IMS Networks," Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol.6, No.9, 2012(9). https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2012.09.009
- R. Shekh-Yusef and M. Barnes, "Indication of Conference Focus Support for the Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol," RFC 7082, 2013(12).
- Deguo Yang, "An Application layer multicast based SIP conference model," Proc. of 10th Inter. Conf. on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, pp.1-5, 2006(5).
- P. Koskelainen, "A SIP-based Conference Control Framework," Proc. of Int. on Network and OS, pp.53-61, 2002(5).
- 조현규, 이기수, 장춘서, "SIP 기반의 효율적인 혼성형 멀티미디어 컨퍼런스 구조", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제7권, 제3호, pp.17-24, 2007(3). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.3.017
- 장춘서, 이기수, "리소스 리스트를 사용한 새로운분산형 컨퍼런스 구조", 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, 제16권, 제9호, pp.123-129, 2011(9).
- M. Barnes, C. Boulto, and O. Levin, "A Framework for Centralized Conferencing," RFC 5239, 2008(6).
- G. Camarillo, "Connection Establishment in the Binary Floor Control Protocol," RFC 5018, 2007(9).
- Y. H. Cho and M. S. Jeong, "Policy-based distributed management architecture for large-scale enterprise conferencing service using SIP," IEEE Journal on Communications, pp.43-53, 2009(2).