- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effect of Organizational Justice on Organizational Effectiveness and the Mediating Role of Supervisor Trust -With a focus on the MICE industry employees-
조직공정성이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향과 상사신뢰의 매개역할 -MICE산업 종사자들을 중심으로-
- Received : 2014.04.16
- Accepted : 2014.05.15
- Published : 2014.07.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of distributive and procedural justice on organizational effectiveness and the mediating role of supervisor trust among the MICE industry employees. For the study, data were collected from 303 MICE industry employees in metropolitan area by self-administered questionnaires. Collected data were analyzed using structural equation modeling technique. The results of this study showed that organizational justice had effects on organizational effectiveness measured in terms of job satisfaction, organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behaviour of MICE industrial employees and that supervisor trust mediated the relationship between organizational justice and organizational effectiveness. Based on the results of this study, the theoretical implications of the findings were discussed and directions for future research were advanced.
MICE industry;Organizational Justice;Organizational Effectiveness;Supervisor Trust
- R. Cropanzano and J. Greenberg, Progress in Organizational Justice: Tunneling through the Maze, In: Cooper, C. L. & I. T. Robertson(eds.), International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 12, 1997.
- N. M. Hauenstein, T. McGonigle, and S. W. Flinder, "A meta-analysis of the relationship between procedural justice and distributive justice: Implications for justice research," Employee Responsibilities and Right Journal, Vol.13, No.1, pp.39-56, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014482124497
- 한국컨벤션전시산업연구원, "MICE산업종사원 경력개발 마스터플랜 개발연구", pp.3-4, 2010.
- R. C. Mayer, J. H. Davis, and F. D. Schoorman, "An integrative model of organizational trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.3, pp.709-734, 1995.
- J. Cook, and T. Wall, "Attitude measures of trust, organizational commitment and personal need non-fulfillment," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.53, pp.39-52, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- J. C. Nunnally, Psychometric Theory, 2nd ed., New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- 최찬기, "리더십유형과 조직몰입의 관계에 있어서 상사에 대한 신뢰의 조절효과에 관한 연구-국내4대 그룹의 CEO를 중심으로", 인적자원개발연구, 제11권, 제1호, pp.57-88, 2008.
- G. B. Graen, and M. Uhl-Bien, "Relationship -based approach to leadership: Development of leader-member exchange(LMX) theory of leadership over 25 years: Applying a multi-level multi-domain perspective," The Leadership Quarterly, Vol.6, No.2, pp.219-247, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90036-5
- G. Yukl, Leadership in organization(6th edition), Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2006.
- J. K. Bulter, "Toward understanding and measuring condition of trust: Evolution of a condition of trust inventory," Journal of Management, Vol.17, pp.643-663, 1991.
- C. A. Smith, D. W. Organ, and J. P. Near, "Organizational citizenship behavior: Its nature and antecedents," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.68, pp.453-463, 1983.
- 도윤경, "비서의 조직공정성지각이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향에 있어서의 상사에 대한 신뢰의 매개효과", 비서학논총, 제11권, 제2호, pp.5-23, 2002.
- A. H. Brayfield and H. F. Rothe, "An Index of Job Satisfaction," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.35, pp.307-311, 1951. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0055617
- 김계수, AMOS구조방정식모형분석, 서울, 고려정보통신, 2001.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models, Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.16, No.1, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.1, pp.39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. F. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis, 6th ed., New York: MacMillan Publishing Co. 2006.
- 서영준, 고종욱, "분배 및 절차공정성이 종합병원 간호사들의 직무태도에 미치는 영향", 한국병원경영학회지, 제9권, 제1호, pp.115-132, 2004.
- Y. Cohen-Charash and P. E. Spector, "The role of justice in organizations: a meta-analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.86, No.2, pp.278-321, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.2001.2958
- W. H. Hendrix, T. Robbins, J. Miller, and T. P. Summers, "Effects of Procedural and Distributive Justice on Factors Predictive of Turnover," Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, Vol.13, No.4, pp.611-632, 1998.
- P. Sweeney and D. McFarlin, "Workers' Evaluations of the 'Ends' and the 'Means': An Examination of Four Models of Distributive and Procedural Justice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.55, pp.83-98, 1993.
- 임준철, 윤정구, "분배공정성과 절차공정성이 직무만족과 조직몰입에 미치는 차별적 영향에 관한 연구: 문화적 맥락이 조직성원의 행위성향에 미치는 영향을 중심으로", 행정학회, 제27권, 제1호, pp.93-111, 1998.
- D. Field, M. Pang, and C. Chiu, "Distributive and Procedural Justice as Predictors of Employee Outcomes in Hong Kong," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.21, pp.547-562, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-1379(200008)21:5<547::AID-JOB41>3.0.CO;2-I
- C. W. Mueller, R. D. Iverson, and D. G. Jo, "Distributive Justice Evaluations in two Cultural Contexts: A Comparison of U. S and South Korean Teachers," Human Relations, Vol.52, No.7, pp.869-893, 1999.
- D. M. Rousseau, S. B. Sitkin, R. S. Burt, and C. Camere, "Not so different after all: A cross-discipline view of trust," The Academy of Management Review, Vol.23, No.3, pp.393-404, 1998. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1998.926617
- J. E. Beccerra and A. K. Gupta, "Trust within the organizational integrating the trust literature with agency theory and transaction costs economics," Public Administrative Quarterly, Vol.23, No.2, pp.177-203, 1999.
- J. L. Price and C. W. Mueller, Absenteeism and Turnover of Hospital Employees, Greenwich, CT: JAI Press, 1986.
- J. P. Meyer and N. J. Allen, "A three-component conceptualization of organizational commitment," Human Resource Management Review, Vol.1, pp.61-89, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- D. W. Organ, Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Good Solider Syndrome. MA: Lexington Books, 1988.
- D. B. McFarlin and P. D. Sweeney, "Distributive and procedural justice as predictors of satisfaction with personal and organizational outcomes," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.35, pp.626-637, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/256489
- J. Greenberg, "Organizational Justice: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," Journal of Management, Vol.16, pp.399-423, 1990.
- 김명현, 유형창, "민간경비원의 조직공정성지각이 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향", 한국경호경비학회, 제14권, pp.69-87, 2007.
- R. Folger and M. A. Konovsky, "Effects of procedural and distributive justice on reactions to pay raise decisions," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.32, pp.115-130, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/256422
- S. S. Masterson, K. Lewis, B. M. Goldman, and S. M. Taylor, "Integrating justice and social exchange: The differing effects of fair procedures and treatment on work relationships," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.43, pp.738-748, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/1556364
- 허찬영, 박정도, "조직구성원의 공정성 지각이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향과 조직지원인식 및 LMX의 조절효과: 군대조직을 중심으로", 인적자원관리연구, 제19권, 제4호, pp.177-203, 2012.
- 황두모, 조직공정성과 경영자특성이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향: 신뢰의 매개효과를 중심으로, 호서대학교 벤처전문대학원 박사학위논문, 2012.
- 신유근, 조직행위론, 서울, 대산출판사, 1991.
- L. H. Richard, Organization theory and design; 9th edition, Thomson South-Western, pp.62-76, 2007.
- J. W. Eric and Sarah Dawson, "Managers' perceptions of criteria of organizational effectiveness," Academy of Management Studies, Vol.38, No.2, pp.173-199, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6486.00233
- J. P. Campbell, On the nature of organizational effectiveness, New Perspectives on Organizational Effectiveness, Sanfrancisco: Jossey-Bass, p.19, 1977.
- D. R. Dalton, W. D. Todor, M. J. Spendolini, G. J. Fielding, and L. W. Porter, "Organizational Structure and Performance: A Critical Review," Academy of Management Review, pp.49-54, 1980.
- 한태진, 김홍, "공기업CEO의 리더십특성이 조직 구성원의 리더십수준과 조직유효성에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회, 제8권, 제11호, pp.306-322, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.11.306
- 홍순복, "공공조직에서 상사신뢰와 조직유효성에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회, 제7권, 제3호, pp.197-206, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.3.197
- 권안용, "호텔종사원의 공정성 지각과 조직유효성에 있어 신뢰의 매개효과 연구", 관광경영연구, 제13권, 제2호, pp.1-25, 2009.
- R. H. Moorman, "The Relationship Between Organizational Justice and Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Do Fairness Perceptions Influence Employee Citizenship?," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.76, pp.845-855, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.6.845
- 최소연, "조직공정성이 사회복지사의 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 상사신뢰의 매개효과를 중심으로", 한국사회복지학, 제57권, 제3호, pp.389-413, 2005.
- B. P. Niehoff and R. H. Moorman, "Justice as a Mediator of the Relationship Between Methods of Monitoring and Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.36, No.3, pp.527-556, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/256591
- J. S. Adams, "Toward an understanding of inequity," Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, Vol.67, No.5, pp.422-423, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0040968
- R. Folger and J. Greenberg, "Procedural Justice: An interpretive analysis of personnel systems," In K. M. Rowland & G.R.Ferris(Eds.), Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, Vol.74, pp.35-42, 1985.
- J. W. Thibaut and L. Walker, Procedural Justice :A Psychological analysis. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, 1975.
- E. A. Lind and T. R. Tyler, The Social Psychology of Procedural Justice, NY: Plenum, 1988.
- 김경수, 김태인, "SEM을 이용한 분배공정성과 절차공정성이 조직몰입에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 생산성논집, 제24권, 제3호, pp.25-57, 2010.