- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Strategic Orientations on Company Performance and the Moderating Role of Entrepreneurship in Small-Medium Sized and Ventures Manufacturing Firms
중소벤처기업의 전략지향성이 기업가정신에 따라 기업성과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2014.04.23
- Accepted : 2014.05.28
- Published : 2014.07.28
This paper aims to examine structural relationship between the influence factors of company performance, hypothesizing that strategic orientations and entrepreneurship plays a crucial role in achieving organizational performance in small-medium sized and ventures manufacturing firms. For this research, data were collected from 205 firms. By using Structure Equation Modeling(SEM) method, it was found that competitor orientation, technology orientation directly affect company performance but, customer orientation were not affected company performance. Furthermore, it was also found that the relationship between strategy orientation and company performance is differentiated by entrepreneurship. Especially, this finding confirms that the entrepreneurship moderately affects the relationship between competitor orientation, technology orientation and company performance on the small-medium sized and ventures manufacturing firms.
Strategic Orientation;Customer Orientation;Competitor Orientation;Technology orientation;Entrepreneurship;Company Performance
- J. Kickul and L. K. Gundry, "Prospecting for Strategic Advantage: The Proactive of Entrepreneurial Personality and Small Firm Innovation," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.40, No.2, pp.85-97, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-627X.00042
- K. Atuahene-Gima and A. Ko, "An Empirical Investigation of the Effect of Market Orientation and Entrepreneurship Orientation Alignment on Product Innovation," Organization Science, Vol.12, No.1, pp.54-74, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.184.108.40.20621
- R. G. Cooper and E. J. Kleinschmidt, "New Product Performance: What Distinguishes the Star Products," Australian Journal of Management, Vol.25, No.2, pp.17-45, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/031289620002500104
- W. E. Baker and J. M. Sinkula, "The Complementary Effects of Market Orientation and Entrepreneurial Orientation on Profitability in Small Business," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.47, No.4, pp.443-464, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2009.00278.x
- Y. Liu, Y. Li, and J. Xue, "Ownership, Strategic Orientation and Internalization in Emerging Markets," Journal of World Business, Vol.46, No.3, pp.381-393, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2010.07.012
- A. K. Kohli and B. Jaworski, "Marketing Orientation; Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, No.3, pp.53-70, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251854
- C. M. Christensen and J. L. Bower, "Customer Power, Strategic Investment, and the Failure of Leading Firms," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.17, No.3, pp.197-219, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0266(199603)17:3<197::AID-SMJ804>3.0.CO;2-U
- C. S. Katsikeas and D. A. Skarmeas, "Drivers of Superior Importer Performance in Cross-Cultural Supplier-Reseller Relationships," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.30, No.2, pp.227-241, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(00)00144-9
- H. Gatignon and J. M. Xuereb, "Strategic Orientation of the Firm and New Product Performance," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.34, No.2, pp.77-90, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152066
- H. Hakala, "Strategic Orientations in Management Literature: Three Approaches to Understanding the Interaction between Market, Technology, Entrepreneurial and Learning Orientation," International Journal of Management Reviews, Vol.13, No.3, pp.199-217, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2010.00292.x
- I. J. Jeong, H. Pae, and D. Zhou, "Antecedents and Consequences of the Strategic Orientations in New Product Development: The Case of Chinese Manufacturers," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.35, No.3, pp.348-358, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2005.06.010
- J. B. Barney, "Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage," Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.1, pp.99-120, 1999.
- J. Covin and D. Slevin, "A Conceptual Model of Entrepreneurship as Firm Behavior," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol.16, No.4, pp.7-25, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/104225879101600102
- J. Frishammar and S. Horte, "The Role of Market Orientation and Entrepreneurial Orientation for New Product Performance in Manufacturing Firms," Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Vol.19, No.6, pp.765-88, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/09537320701711231
- 강도규, 박성용, "기술지향성의 의미와 기술지향성이 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 상품학연구, 제25권, 제4호, pp.11-26, 2007.
- 고기호, 정덕화, 송윤헌, "식품제약업체의 시장지향성이 신제품성과에 미치는 영향: 제품품질, 직원만족 및 혁신속도의 매개역할", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제12호, pp.869-883, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.12.870
- 김정윤, 한주희, "창업기업 경영자의 전략적 지향성이 기업성과에 미치는 영향", 경영교육연구, 제60집, pp.75-91, 2010.
- 박근호, "벤처기업의 시장지향성, 수출마케팅역량과 수출성과 간 관계에 관한 연구", 국제경영리뷰, 제13권, 제1호, pp.93-121, 2009.
- 박상용, 김연정, "벤처기업 CEO의 기업가정신과 조직유효성의 관계에 관한 연구", 기술혁신학회지, 제7권, 제3호, pp.479-505, 2004.
- 이도형, "전략지향성과 혁신성과의 관계: 기업가 지향성의 매개효과를 중심으로", 경영연구, 제27권, 제2호, pp.279-302, 2012.
- 지성구, 정강옥, 강민수, "벤처기업의 시장지향성과 기술지향성이 신제품과 기업성과에 미치는 영향", 벤처경영연구, 제12권, 제4호, pp.95-116, 2009.
- 정인식, 김은미, "글로벌 시장에서 중소기업의 기업가정신과 시장지향성에 관한 연구", 경영연구, 제28권, 제3호, pp.105-124, 2013.