- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Correlation Analysis between DCPT Value and SPT Value
동적콘관입시험값과 표준관입시험값의 상관성 분석
- Lee, Bongjik (Department of Civil Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Lee, Jongkyu (Technical Firm DAWON Co., LTD.)
- Received : 2014.04.23
- Accepted : 2014.06.13
- Published : 2014.08.01
In-situ penetration tests have been widely used in geotechnical engineering for site investigation in support of analysis and design. Standard Penetration Test (SPT) and Dynamic Cone Penetration Test (DCPT) are typical dynamic sounding. DCPT was originally developed as an alternative for evaluating the properties of subgrade soils. The main advantages of DCPT are that it is fast, inexpensive, and it is particularly useful in delineating areas of weak soils overlying stronger strata and in quickly assessing the variability of the soil conditions. But lack of standardization is main reason that this test method has not been advanced more in recent years. In this study, it is clarified the correlation with the SPT blow count, N from DCPT data using big DCP eqipment. Regression analysis and correlationship analysis were conducted with the data from relationship between SPT and DCPT. The analysis results showed that the convert fact are in the range of 1.12~1.31 with variation with soil property.
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- An, J. H., Yang, S. L., Park, H. M. and Kwon, S. A. (2004), Application of the dynamic cone penetrometer for strength estimation of pavement foundation, International Journal Highway Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 75-85 (in Korean).
- Bowles, J. E. (1997), Foundation analysis and design (5th edition), McGraw-Hill N.Y., pp. 155-198.
- Daniel, C. R. and Howie, J. A. (2003), A method for correlation large penetration test (LPT) to standard penetration test (SPT) blow counts, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 66-77. https://doi.org/10.1139/t02-094
- Khan, I. H. (2005), Textbook of geotechnical engineering, Prentice-Hall of India, pp. 194-195.
- Langton, D. D. (1999), The panda lightweight penetrometer for soil investigation and monitoring material compaction, Ground Engineering, Vol. 32, Issue 9, pp. 33-37.
- Oh, H. J. (2009), Reliability analysis and resistance characteristics of dynamic cone penetration test according to ground characteristics, Master's thesis, Chungju National University, pp. 1-15 (in Korean).
- Som, N. N. and Das, S. C. (2004), Theory and practice of foundation design, Prentice-Hall of India, pp. 41-50.
- TxDOT (2012), Geotechnical manual, Manual Notice 2012-1, Texas Department of Transportation, Texas, pp. 3-1-3-5.
- Webster, S. L., Grau, R. H. and Williams, R. P. (1992), Description and application of dual mass dynamic cone penetrometer, Instruction Report, No. GL-92-3, U.S Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, pp. 42-50.