- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Initial Configuration Layout Design for 95-Seat Regional Turboprop Aircraft
- Hwang, In Seong (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Chung, Jindeog (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kang, Wanggu (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hae-Chang (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.03.31
- Accepted : 2014.06.17
- Published : 2014.06.30
The initial configuration for 95-seat passenger regional turboprop aircraft, the so called KC950, was designed to meet the market requirements. This paper prescribes the initial design based upon aircraft design guidelines and compared the competitive aircraft configurations after considering the related FAR 25 regulations. More specifically, results of design describe how to select the fuselage cross-sectional area, how to layout the cabin, and how to determine the overall shape and physical dimension of the fuselage. Sizing of wing and empennage areas is estimated using empirical equations and tail volume coefficients in this design. Some design guidelines to determine wing sweep angle, taper ratio, incidence angle and location are also introduced.
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy
- Federal Aviation Regulation Part25, Airworthiness standards: transport category airplanes
- Advisory Circular 25.785-1B, Flight attendant seat and torso restraint system installations
- Corke, T.C., "Design of Aircraft", Prentice Hall, 2003
- Howe, D., "Aircraft Conceptual Design Synthesis", Professional Engineering Pub, 2000
- Jenkinson, L.R., Simpkin, P. and Rhodes, D., "Civil Jet Aircraft Design", Arnold, 1999
- Kundu, A.K., "Aircraft Design", Cambridge University Press, 2010
- Roskam, J., "Airplane Design", DAR Corporation, 2002.
- Sadraey, M.H., "Aircraft Design", Wiley, 2013.
- Torenbeek, E., "Synthesis of Subsonic Airplane Design", Delft University Press, 1976.