- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Tourism Resources of the Ideology Expressed in Bulguksa - Based on Roland Barthes's Semiology Mythologies -
불국사에 나타난 이데올로기의 관광자원 - 롤랑 바르트 기호의 신화론을 배경으로 -
- Moon, Jung-Pil
- Received : 2013.11.26
- Accepted : 2014.03.04
- Published : 2014.03.25
This research aims at raising questions about that the contribution of the restoration of Bulguksa to tourist industry has made it appear as a myth, finding mythical values of the meanings of the materials, time and space expressed in the architecture which was realized through the tale related to Bulguksa, and identifying the characteristics of the spiritual ideology of the culture to approach the pursuit of aesthetic appreciation of tourism. For this purpose, the values to be complemented by the spiritual value of the culture of Bulguksa can become the resources for tourism, through tale from the viewpoint of Barthes' mythologies, as follows. As for the creation of the myth of rule by royal authority, the socio-political aspects of middle era of Silla can be tourism resources by covering Bulguksa and surrounding Toham Mountain. In addition, the creation of the myth of filial duty should not be dealt just with the viewpoint of Buddhism, and the ideas of filial duty and enlightenment, the common goals of the three religions of Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism that had been already established in East Asia at that time, can also be the resources for tourism. With regard to the creation of the myth by the fiction of imagination, tourism resources can be created when the elements composing Bulguksa expose what is hidden by a certain reality at the level of denotation meaning through semiologic signification. Therefore, with Bulguksa's foundation, rebuilding and restoration with the spirit of the times, the identity of the spiritual existence of ideological culture which recognizes the imperfection of its architecture and tale and continues to correct them has to be confirmed continuously, and the pursuit of aesthetic appreciation by tourism needs to become the resources.
- 一然, 三國遺事, 이기백 해, 한국의 민속종교사상, 삼성출판사, 1981.
- 東隱, 佛國寺古今創記.
- 김경용, 기호학이란 무엇인가, 민음사, 2010.
- 문화재관리국, 불국사 복원공사 보고서, 문화재관리국, 1976.
- 박남수, 불국사의 종합적 고찰-김대성의 불국사 조영과 그 경제적 배경, 한국사학논총 상, 1992.
- 신용하, 사회와 역사 -단군설화의 사회학적 해석, 1995.
- 이연택, 관광학연구의 이해, (주)일신사, 2000.
- 유흥준, 나의 문화유산답사기 3, 창작과 비평, 1997.
- 정승안, 관광의 의미에 대한 주역사회학적 접근, 동양사회사상 제26집, 2012.
- 현진건, 무영탑, 윤병로 해, 하서출판사, 2010.
- F. W. Nietzsche, 신은 죽었다, 김문성 외, 책향기, 2000.10.
- P. Thody, 롤랑 바르트, 권순만 역, 김영사, 2009.
- R. Barthes, 현대의 신화, 이화여대 기호학연구소 역, 동문선, 1997.
- A. A. Berger, Media Analysis Techniques, newbury park, California : Sage, 1982.
- R. Barthes, Elements of Semiology(trans. Annette Lavers & Colin Smith), New York : The Noonday Press, 1967.
- R. Barthes, Mythologies(trans. Anntte Lavers), New York : Hill and Wang, 1972.