- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Control Logic of the Simulating Natural Wind Air-condition Considering Thermal Comfort
열 쾌적성을 고려한 자연풍 재현 에어컨의 제어논리 개발에 관한 연구
- Kang, Ki-Nam ;
- Song, Doo-Sam
- 강기남 ;
- Received : 2013.08.12
- Accepted : 2013.12.18
- Published : 2014.01.25
The ultimate goal of these papers is to complement the shortcomings of conventional air-conditioning systems by using the air flow fluctuation characteristics of natural wind so as to achieve comfortable and energy-saving air conditioning control. Accordingly written the control mode that can plan the nature wind characteristic that analyzed a characteristic, and returned in triumph of the conventional air-conditioning system through laboratory measurement. Through the procedures above, the new control logic was investigated and complemented by subject experiments about air-conditioning system plan imitating natural wind. Finally, the methods to improve thermal-comfort according to the control logic of new air-conditioning system will be presented and thereby this will bring improvement in sustaining thermal-comfort of the indoor residents steadily as well a pleasant environment.
Thermal environment laboratory;Air-conditioner;Natural wind;Mechanical wind;Thermal comfort;Subject experiment;Mean skin temperature(MST);Comfort control algorithm
- Park, Y. C., Kim, Y. C. & Min, M. K, Performance analysis on a multi-type inverter air conditioner, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 42, p.p. 1607-1621, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-8904(00)00147-3
- Kang, K. N., Song, D. S. & Han, H. J., Analysis of the Correlation between Natural Wind Characteristics and Human Thermal Sense through Actual Measurements, Korean Journal of Architectural institute of Korea, Vol. 24, No. 6, p.p. 363-370, 2007.
- Kang, K. N. & Song, D. S., A Study on the Airflow Characteristics of the Natural and Mechanical wind through Chaos Analysis, Korean Journal of Architectural institute of Korea, Vol. 26, No. 9, p.p. 283-290, 2010.
- ASHRAE, 2005 ASHRAE Handbook, chapter. 8.
- Yao Y., Lian Z. & Shen Q., Experimental study on physiological responses and thermal comfort under various ambient temperatures, Physiology & Behavior 93, p.p. 310-321, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2007.09.012
- Kang, K. N. & Song, D. S., Study on the Physical Properties of the Simulating natural wind Air-conditioner considering the Human Thermal comfort in laboratory, Proceedings of SAREK winter annual conference, p.p. 3-9, 2010.
- Song, D. S., Study on the Personal Air - Conditioning System Considering Human Thermal Adaptation, Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration, Vol. 15, No. 6, p.p. 447-551, 2003.
- Humphryes, M.A. & Nicol, J.F., Understanding the adaptive approach to thermal comfort, ASHRAE Transaction, Vol. 104, Part. 1, p.p. 991-1004, 1998.
- de Dear, R. J. & Brager, G. S., Developing an adaptive model of thermal comfort and preference. ASHRAE Transaction, Vol. 104, Part. 1, p.p. 145-167, 1998.
- Ouyang, Q., Dai, W., Li, H., & Zhu, Y., Study on dynamic characteristics of natural and mechanical wind in built environment using spectral analysis. Building and environment, Vol. 41, Issue 4, p.p. 418-426, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2005.02.008
- Kang, K.N., Song, D. S., & Schiavon, S., Correlations in thermal comfort and natural wind. Journal of Thermal Biology. Vol. 38, Issue 7, p.p. 419-426, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtherbio.2013.06.001
- Hara T. et al., Chaotic fluctuation in Natural Wind And Its Application To thermal amenity, Proc. 2nd World congress of Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods & Applications, Vol. 30, No. 5, p.p. 2803-2813, 1997.
- Hanzawa, H., Melikow, A. K., & Fanger, P. O., Airflow characteristics in the occupied zone of ventilated spaces. ASHRAE transactions, 93, p.p. 524-539, 1987.
- Kim, D. G., Studies on thermal comfort evaluation and corrections of comfort indices for koreans, Ph.D. thesis, Pukyoung National University, Pusan, Korea., 1998.
- Miyake, S., 쾌적공학(민병찬 역), 시그마프레스, 2001.
Supported by : 한국연구재단