- Volume 23 Issue 7
This study was investigated twenty two hazardous chemicals compounds for effluents of nine sewage treatment plants (STPs) and one waste water treatment plant (WWTP) in the Nakdong Ri-ver Basin. They are eleven phthalates(DMP, DEP, DIBP, DBP, BEEP, DNPP, DHP, DCP, DEHP, DNOP, Dinonyl phthalate, seven aliphatic hydrocarbons(n-Tridecane, n-Tetradecane, n-Pentadecan-e, n-Hexadecane, n-Heptadecane, n-Octadecane, n-Nonadecane, Isoquinoline, 2-Chloropyridine, 2-N-itrophenol, and Benzophenone. The twenty two compounds were analyzed by gas chromatograp-hy mass spectrometry (GC/MS) with liquid-liquid extraction (LLE). Twenteen of twenty two subs-tances were detected. They were DMP, DEP, DIBP, DBP, DEHP, n-Tetradecane, n-Pentadecane, n-Heptadecane, n-Octadecane, n-Nonadecane, Isoquinoline and Benzophenone. Among these, DEHP, DEP and Benzophenone were most frequently observed. They were obtained as
Sewage treat-ment plants;Waste water treatment plant;Gas chromatography mass spectrometry;Phthalates;Benzophenone
- Hong, S. H., Han, G. H., Lee, C. H., Lee, S. H., 2002, Distribution of Phthalate Esters in the midstream of Nakdong river, J. of Korean Society on Water Quality, 18(5), 527-534.
- Kim, M. S., Li, D. H., Shim, W. J., Oh, J. R., 2004, Distribution of Phthalate Compounds in Gwangyang Bay and Seomjin River Estuary, Korean J. Environ. Biol. 22(Special issue), 47-53.
- KONETIC, 2011, http:// www.konetic.or.kr.
- KOSHA, 2011, http://www.kosha.or.kr/msds/msdsMain.do? menuId=69
- Lee, C. H., Lee, S. H., Jang, I. H., 2009, Occurrence of Priority Pollutants in the Midstream of Nakdong River Basin, J. of KSEE, Special Feature, 31(6), 401-408.
- Management committee of Nakdong River, 2008, Monitoring and prediction system develope for Hazardous substances subject to interim management in the Nakdong River Basin, Basic environmental research projects of Nakdong River.
- Ministry of Environment, 2000, Results of research project for endocrine disruptors.
- Ministry of Environment(Chemicals Division), 2009, Findings chemical emissions quantity in 2007.
- Ministry of Environment, 2011, Marketing survey for major endocrine disruptors, http:// stat.me.go.kr/ nesis/index.jsp.
- Suzuki T., Yaguchi K., Suzuki S., Suga T., 2001, Monitoring of phthalic acid monoesters in river water by solid-phase extraction and GC-MS determination, Environ. Sci. Technol., 35(18), 3757-3763. https://doi.org/10.1021/es001860i
- NIER, 2007, Monitoring of residual endocrine disruptors in the environment(VIII), NIER publication, 29, 277-285.
- NIER, 2010, Monitoring of hazardous chemicala for wastewater discharge facilities in the Nakdong River Basin(I), NIER publication NO. 2010-57-1232.
- Song, M. H., Son, S. H. , Cho, Y. D., Choe E. K., 2011, Case Study on Determination of the Level of New RoHS II Substances in Domestic Electronic and Electrical Equipments, Clean Technology, 17(2), 124-133.
- USEPA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS), 2011, http://www.epa.gov/iris/search_human.htm
- WHO IARC, 2011, http://monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Classification/ClassificationsAlphaOrder.pdf
- Yu, J. J., 2009, Management Strategy of Trace Hazardous Compounds in Nakdong River, J. of KSEE, Special Feature, 31(6), 412-416.
- 1. Characteristic Occurrence and Distributions of Pharmaceuticals in the Nakdong River vol.39, pp.7, 2017, doi:10.5322/JESI.2014.23.7.1253