- Volume 23 Issue 7
A number of problems associated with environmental noises in urban areas have significantly been considered. Specific measurement and estimation of the environmental noise became a primary issue in local governments. Environmental noise monitoring system is required in order to estimate and verify the a city noise map. However, current monitoring positions may not perfectly represent and incorporate many different view points, such as districts of a city, different utilizations of a city by the law, populations, and classifications and traffics of roads. In addition, scientific method to provide specific noise monitoring positions my not be avaliable in current literature. For this reason, the primary objective of this paper is to propose a new method for introducing a number of monitoring positions in the entire city. First, the quality function deployment (QFD) method was utilized to simultaneously represent both districts and utilizations of a city. Second, a new algorithm to find a number of monitoring positions was proposed by compromising many different view points: populations, classifications of roads and areas, and traffics of roads. Finally, the proposed monitoring positions and a sample noise map was provided for verification purposes. Based on these results, the proposed algorithm including the QFD concept may successfully provide specific noise monitoring positions by simultaneously consider may different view points and requirements of a city.
Environmental noise monitoring systems;Optimal location selection method;Quality function deployment
- Ministry of Environment, 2000, Noise and Vibration Control Act-Enforcement Rules, 92.
- Chang. S. I, Oh. J. W., Lee. K. J., 2004, Study on the Noise-mapping Procedure in Korea and Application of Noise map, Journal of the Institute of Industrial Technology, Vol.12.
- Choi. J. H., Basic Research on Noise Mapping for Noise Management in Daegu, 2010, 2010-12, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology, p37, Korea Busan 608-737.
- Kim. H. I., Shin. S. M., Won. J. H., 2012, Revaluation Study on Positioning of Noise Monitoring Networks to Verify the Compliance of the Noise Map in Busan, Busan Green Environment Center, Pukyong National University.
- Ministry of Environment, 2010, Plant emission standards of the Noise and Vibration.
- Park. I. S., Park. S. K., 2003, A study on the Development of Noise map for quiet environment of urban areas, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conference, 23, 1182-1186.
- Sun. H. S., 2010, Study on Efficient Application Plan of Noise Map, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conference, 38, 646-647.