- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Numerical Modeling of an Inductively Coupled Plasma Sputter Sublimation Deposition System
- Joo, Junghoon (Graduate Program of Plasma Convergence Engineering & Plasma Materials Research Center, Kunsan National University)
- Received : 2014.07.22
- Accepted : 2014.07.30
- Published : 2014.07.30
Fluid model based numerical simulation was carried out for an inductively coupled plasma assisted sputter deposition system. Power absorption, electron temperature and density distribution was modeled with drift diffusion approximation. Effect of an electrically conducting substrate was analyzed and showed confined plasma below the substrate. Part of the plasma was leaked around the substrate edge. Comparison between the quasi-neutrality based compact model and Poisson equation resolved model showed more broadened profile in inductively coupled plasma power absorption than quasi-neutrality case, but very similar Ar ion number density profile. Electric potential was calculated to be in the range of 50 V between a Cr rod source and a conductive substrate. A new model including Cr sputtering by Ar+was developed and used in simulating Cr deposition process. Cr was modeled to be ionized by direct electron impact and showed narrower distribution than Ar ions.
Supported by : Kunsan National University
- J. Lee and J. Joo, Surf. Coat. Tech. 169/170, 353 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(03)00112-9
- W. Yang and J. Joo, Cur. Appl. Phys. 12, S99 (2012).
- S. Camphausen, R. Chistyakov, B. Abraham, W.D. Sproul, J. J. Moore, and J. Lin, Society of Vacuum Coaters, 51st Annual Technical Conference Proceedings, Chicago, 2008, 313.
- J. Lin, J. J. Moore, W. D. Sproul, B. Mishra and Z. Wu, Thin Solid Films, 518, 1566 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2009.09.118
- D.-K. Lee, J. Lee, and J. Joo, Surf. Coat. Technol., 173/174, 1234 (2003).
- J. Choi and J. Joo, J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng. 45, 75 (2012) https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2012.45.2.075
- Y You and J. Joo, J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng. 46, 168 (2013). https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2013.46.4.168
- CFD-ACE+ user manual module II, 2013, 194.
- M. Lieberman and A. Lichtenberg, Principles of Plasma discharges and materials processing, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York, 1994, ch. 8, p242.
- FD-ACE+ user manual module II, 2013, 200.