- Volume 9 Issue 4
The main objective of this paper is to design DC-DC MPPT circuit using chaotic pulse width modulation to track maximum power from solar PV module for space application. The direct control method of tracking is used to extract maximum power. The nominal duty cycle of the main switch of DC-DC SEPIC converter is adjusted so that the solar panel output impedance is equal to the input resistance of the SEPIC converter which results better spectral performance in the tracked voltages when compared to conventional PWM control. The conversion efficiency of the proposed MPPT system is increased when CPWM is used as a control scheme
CPWM;MPPT;SEPIC Converter;PV module
- Wang, Z., Chau, K.T., Liu.C, "Improvement of electromagnetic compatibility of motor drives using chaotic PWM", IEEE transaction of electromagnetic compatibility, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 2612-2614, 2007.
- Duran, E J., Galan, M., Sidrach-de-Cardona, Andujar J. M, "Measuring the I-V Curve of Photovoltaic generators-analyzing different dc-dc converter topologies", IEEE industrial electronics magazine, September 2009, pp. 4-14
- Tse, K.K., Ho, M.T., Henry S.-H., Chung., Ron Hui, S.Y, "A Novel Maximum Power Point Tracker for PV Panels Using Switching Frequency Modulation", IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 17, no. 6, November 2002 pp. 980-989 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2002.805594
- Henry Shu-Hung Chung., Tse, K.K., Ron Hui, S.Y., Mok, C.M., Ho, M.T, "A Novel Maximum Power Point Tracking Technique for Solar Panels Using a SEPIC or Cuk Converter", IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 18, no. 3, may 2003, pp. 717-724 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.810841
- Mummadi Veerachary, "Power Tracking for Nonlinear PV Sources with Coupled Inductor SEPIC Converter", IEEE transactions on aerospace and electronic systems vol. 41, no. 3 July 2005, pp. 1019-1028 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2005.1541446
- Tse, K.K., Billy, M. T., Ho, Henry Shu-Hung Chung, Ron Hui, S.Y, "A Comparative Study of Maximum-Power-Point Trackers for Photovoltaic Panels Using Switching-Frequency Modulation Scheme", IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 51, no. 2, April 2004, pp. 410-418. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.825226
- Shagar, B.M.; Vinod, S.; Lakshmi, S. "Design of DC - DC converter for hybrid wind solarenergy system" International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), Page(s): 429-435 2012
- Kashyap, A.R.; Ahmadi, R.; Kimball, J.W. "Input voltage control of SEPIC for maximum power point tracking", IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Page(s): 30-35, 2013.
- Azadeh Safari and Saad Mekhilef, "Simulation and Hardware Implementation of Incremental Conductance MPPT With Direct Control Method Using Cuk Converter", IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 58, no. 4, April 2011, pp. 1154-1161 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2048834
- Hong li,zhong li, Bo Zhang, Fenglan Wang, Nanlin Tan and wolfgang A. Halang, "Design of analogue chaotic PWM for EMI suppression" IEEE transactions on electromagnetic compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 4, November 2010.
- Li,H., Tang, W.K.S., Li, Z., and Halang, W.A., "A chaotic peak current mode boost converter for EMI reduction and ripple suppression", IEEE transactions on circuits and systems-II, Vol. 55, No. 8, pp. 763-767, August 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSII.2008.922379
- Walker, G, "Evaluating MPPT converter topologies using a MATLAB PV Model", J. Electr. Electron. Eng. Aust.,2001 vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 49-56
- Hiren Patel and Vivek Agarwa, "MATLAB-Based Modeling to Study the Effects of Partial Shading on PV Array Characteristics", IEEE transactions on energy conversion vol. 23, no. 1, March 2008, pp. 302-310. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.914308
- Gow, J.A., and Manning, C.D, "Development of a photovoltaic array model for use in power Electronics simulation studies", IEE Proc. -Electr. Power Appl., vol. 146, No. 2, March 1999, pp. 193-200 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:19990116
- Marcelo Gradella Villalva, Jonas Rafael Gazoli, and Ernesto Ruppert Filho, "Comprehensive Approach to Modeling and Simulation of Photovoltaic Arrays", IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 24, no. 5, May 2009, pp. 1198-1208
- Trishan Esram, Patrick L. Chapman, "Comparison of photovoltaic array maximum power point tracking techniques", IEEE transactions on energy conversion, vol. 22, no. 2, June 2007, pp. 439-449 https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.874230
- Solar fed DC-DC single ended primary inductance converter for low power applications vol.263, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.4.1269