- Volume 9 Issue 4
Gas insulated switchgear (GIS) is widely used in the power systems, however, the contacts overheating of the inside circuit breaker or disconnector may be a potential cause of developing accidents. As the temperature of the contacts cannot be directly acquired due to existence of the metallic shield, an infrared sensor is adopted to directly measure the temperature of the shield and then the contacts temperature can be indirectly obtained by data fitting, based on which the on-line temperature monitoring technology specifically for GIS contacts based on infrared sensing is proposed in this paper. A real GIS test platform is constructed and experimental studies are carried out to account for the influential factors that affect the accuracy of the infrared temperature measurement. A heat transfer model of the GIS module is also developed, together with experimental studies, the nonlinear temperature relationship among the contacts, the metallic shield and the environment based on a neural network algorithm is established. Finally, an integrated on-line temperature monitoring system for the GIS contacts is developed for on-site applications.
GIS;Infrared sensing;Contact temperature;On-line monitoring;Neural network algorithm
- T. Barry, G. Fuller, K. Hayatleh, and J. Lidgey, "Self-Calibrating Infrared Thermometer for Low-Temperature Measurement," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 60, pp. 2047-2052, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2011.2113123
R. Kurte, C. Beyer, H. M. Heise, and D. Klockow, "Application of infrared spectroscopy to monitoring gas insulated high-voltage equipment: Electrode material-dependent
$SF_6$decomposition," Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 373, pp. 639-646, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-002-1280-4
- S. Wu, Y. Zheng, Z. Chen, "An on-line monitoring scheme of conductor temperature in GIS based on infrared temperature measurement," High Voltage Apparatus, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 100-102, 2009.
D. Wang, Q. Wei, S. Liu, W. Fang, and W. Feng, "Method of detecting concentration of
$SF_6$in GIS by absorption of infrared laser," Journal of Atmospheric and Environmental Optics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 139-141, 2008.
- Moon Jin Woo, Lee Ji-Hyun, Yoon Younju, Kim Sooyoung, "Determining optimum control of double skin envelope for indoor thermal environment based on artificial neural network," Energy and Buildings, vol. 69, pp. 175-183, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2013.10.016
- I. Ozturk Hande, M. Emin Kutay, "An artificial neural network model for virtual Superpave asphalt mixture design," International Journal of Pavement Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 151-162, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2013.808341
- Fang Shuhua, Lin Heyun, Ho S.L., Wang Xianbing, Jin Ping, Huang Yunkai, Yang Shiyou, "Contact parameter computation and analysis of air circuit breaker with permanent magnet actuator," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 595-602, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.3.595
- Seo Hun-Chul, Jang Won-Hyeok, Kim Chul-Hwan, Chung Young-Hwan, Lee Dong-Su, Rhee Sang-Bong, "Analysis of magnitude and rate-of-rise of VFTO in 550 kV GIS using EMTP-RV," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 11-19, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.1.011
- Kim Joong-Kyoung, Oh Yeon-Ho, Lee Ji-Yeon, Hahn Sung-Chin, "Temperature rise prediction of GIS bus bar considering thermal flow," Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 742-747, 2009.
- Wu Xiaowen, Li Hongtao, Peng Yunfeng, Xie Zhiyang, Jin Xiangchao, "Temperature distribution analysis of single-phase GIS bus," in Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference, pp. 1-4, 2011.
- Ogawa Takuya, Murakawa Saburo, Nishina Daisaku, Tanaka Takahiro, Fukagawa Kenta, Takahashi Ichiro, "A study on the effect of land use and insolation environment on surrounding air temperature in mountain area: Measurement results and analysis by GIS," AIJ Journal of Technology and Design, vol. 17, no. 35, pp. 245-248, 2011 https://doi.org/10.3130/aijt.17.245
- H. K. Kim, Y. H. Oh, and S. H. Lee, "Prediction of Temperature Rise in Gas Insulated Busbar Using Multi-Physics Analysis," in Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition-Asia and Pacific, pp. 1-4, Oct. 2009.
C. T. Dervos, P. Vassiliou, and J. A. Mergos, "Thermal stability of
$SF_6$associated with metallic conductors incorporated in gas insulated switchgear power substations," Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 6942-6952, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/40/22/015
E. H. Choi, K. C. Kim, and K. S. Lee, "Breakdown Characteristics of
$SF_6$and Liquefied $SF_6$at Decreased Temperature," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 765-771, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.765
- S. Heng, Z. Liu, X. Li, and J. Wang, "Investigation on breakdown characteristics in contact gap for vacuum interrupters on area effect," High Voltage Apparatus, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 161-164, 2007.
- X. Shi, W. Zha, F. Sun, X. Wang, and Q. Zhang, "Inner temperature distribution of UHV GIS using infrared thermo-diagnosis technology," High Voltage Engineering, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 16-20, 2007.
- H. Chen and S. Hou, "Infrared diagnostics of power equipment failure," China Electric Power Press, Beijing, 1999.
- 1. Synthesis, Characterization and Enhanced Sensing Properties of a NiO/ZnO p–n Junctions Sensor for the SF6 Decomposition Byproducts SO2, SO2F2, and SOF2 vol.17, pp.4, 2017, doi:10.5370/JEET.2014.9.4.1385
- 2. A Wireless and Passive Online Temperature Monitoring System for GIS Based on Surface-Acoustic-Wave Sensor vol.31, pp.3, 2016, doi:10.5370/JEET.2014.9.4.1385