- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on User's Voluntary Behavior in Company Social Networks(CSN)
기업의 관계적 성과로서 기업소셜네트워크 이용자의 자발행동에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.04.27
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.30
Company Social Networks (CSN) has emerged as a commonly used marketing channel. One of the most important advantages in CSN is the user's voluntary behavior as a relational performance. We classified level of voluntary behavior, as 'consumption', 'active participation', and 'creative contribution' to comprehend different relational performance of CSN. Moreover, we proposed research model to compare positive attitude and negative attitude. This study aims to investigate 'the process of user's voluntary behavior in CSN' which is causal relationship between benefits of CSN, user's attitude and voluntary behavior. Empirical results with 175 valid questionnaire data revealed that CSN benefit factors played a significant role in trust and distrust. Based on these effects, trust and distrust have different influences as level of voluntary behavior, just as proposed. For practitioners, it is crucial finding that users are more active behavior based on strong trust.
Supported by : 경희대학교
- Algesheimer, R., U. M. Dholakia, and A. Herrmann, "The social influence of brand community : Evidence from European car clubs", Journal of marketing, Vol.69, No.3 (2005), pp.19-34. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.124363
- Ba, S., "Establishing online trust through a community responsibility system", Decision Support Systems, Vol.31, No.3(2001), pp.323-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00144-5
- Benamati, J., M. A. Serva, and M. A. Fuller, "Are trust and distrust distinct constructs? An empirical study of the effects of trust and distrust among online banking users", In System Sciences, HICSS, Proceedings of the 39th Annual Hawaii International Conference, IEEE, Vol.6(2006), pp. 121-128.
- Carlson, B. D., T. A. Suter, and T. J. Brown, "Social versus psychological brand community : The role of psychological sense of brand community", Journal of Business Research, Vol.61, No.4(2008), pp.284-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.06.022
- Casalo, L. V., C. Flavian, and M. Guinaliu, "Determinants of the intention to participate in firm-hosted online travel communities and effects on consumer behavioral intentions", Tourism Management, Vol.31, No.6(2010), pp. 898-911. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2010.04.007
- Champoux, V., J. Durgee, and L. McGlynn, "Corporate Facebook pages : When 'fans' attack", Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 33, No.2(2012), pp.22-30.
- Chang, Y. S. and S. R. Fang, "Antecedents and distinctions between online trust and distrust : Predicting high-and low-risk internet behaviors", Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.14, No.2(2013), pp. 149-166.
- Chatterjee, P., "Drivers of new product recommending and referral behaviour on social network sites", International Journal of Advertising, Vol.30, No.1(2011), pp.77-101. https://doi.org/10.2501/IJA-30-1-077-101
- Chi, H. H., "Interactive digital advertising vs. virtual brand community : Exploratory study of user motivation and social media marketing responses in Taiwan", Journal of Interactive Advertising, Vol.12, No.1(2011), pp.44-61. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2011.10722190
- Chiu, C. M., H. Y. Huang, and C. H. Yen, "Antecedents of trust in online auctions", Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.9, No.2(2010), pp.148-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2009.04.003
- Drewry, G., "Citizens as customers-Charters and the Contractualisation of Quality in Public Services", Public Management Review, Vol.7, No.3(2005), pp.321-40. https://doi.org/10.1080/14719030500180823
- Fan, G., Q. Ma, R. Liu, and J. Hao, "Why Customers Behave Badly? The Review of Antecedent Research on Customer Misbehavior", In Service Sciences, 2012 International Joint Conference on, IEEE, (2012), pp.185-190.
- Foster, B. D. and J. W. Cadogan, "Relationship selling and customer loyalty : An empirical investigation", Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Vol.18, No.4(2000), pp.185-199. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500010333316
- Gefen, D., I. Benbasat, and P. Pavlou, "A research agenda for trust in online environments", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.24, No.4(2008), pp.275-286. https://doi.org/10.2753/MIS0742-1222240411
- Gefen, D., D. W. Straub, and M. Boudreau, "Structural equation modeling and regression : Guidelines for research practice", Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol.4, No.7(2000), pp.1-70.
- Grabner-Krauter, S. and R. Faullant, "Consumer acceptance of internet banking : the influence of internet trust", International Journal of bank marketing, Vol.26, No.7(2008), pp.483-504. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320810913855
- Groth, M., "Customers as good soldiers : Examining citizenship behaviors in internet service deliveries", Journal of Management, Vol.31, No.1(2005), pp.7-27.
- Gummerus, J., V. Liljander, E. Weman, and M. Pihlstrom, "Customer engagement in a Facebook brand community", Management Research Review, Vol.35, No.9(2012), pp. 857-877. https://doi.org/10.1108/01409171211256578
- Hair, J. F. J., R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. Black, Multivariate data analysis with reading, Englewood Cliffs, NJ : Prentice-Hall, 1998.
- Harris, L. C. and M. M. Goode, "The four levels of loyalty and the pivotal role of trust : A study of online service dynamics", Journal of Retailing, Vol.80, No.2(2004), pp. 139-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2004.04.002
- Heinonen, K., "Consumer activity in social media : Managerial approaches to consumers' social media behavior", Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol.10, No.6(2011), pp.356-364. https://doi.org/10.1002/cb.376
- Hong, I. B. and H. Cho, "The impact of consumer trust on attitudinal loyalty and purchase intentions in B2C e-marketplaces : Intermediary trust vs. seller trust", International Journal of Information Management, Vol.31, No.5(2011), pp.469-479. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2011.02.001
- Hosmer, L. T., "Trust : The connecting link between organizational theory and philosophical ethics", Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.2(1995), pp.379-403.
- Hur, W. M., K. H. Ahn, and M. Kim, "Building brand loyalty through managing brand community commitment", Management Decision, Vol.49, No.7(2011), pp.1194-1213. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251741111151217
- Jahn, B. and W. Kunz, "How to transform consumers into fans of your brand", Journal of Service Management, Vol.23, No.3 (2012), pp.344-361. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564231211248444
- Jin, X. L., M. K. Lee, and C. M. Cheung, "Predicting continuance in online communities : Model development and empirical test", Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol. 29, No.4(2010), pp.383-394. https://doi.org/10.1080/01449290903398190
- Kahneman, D. and A. Tversky, "Prospect theory : An analysis of decision under risk", Econometrica : Journal of the Econometric Society, Vol.47, No.2(1979), pp.263-291. https://doi.org/10.2307/1914185
- Katz, E., J. Blumler, and M. Gurevitch, Utilization of mass communication by the individual, in Blumler, J. and Katz, E. (Eds), The Uses of Mass Communications : Current Perspectives on Gratifications Research, Sage, Beverly Hills, CA(1974), pp.19-32.
- Keh, H. T. and Y. Xie, "Corporate reputation and customer behavioral intentions : The roles of trust, identification and commitment", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.38, No.7(2009), pp.732-742. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2008.02.005
- Kim, A. J. and E. Ko, "Do social media marketing activities enhance customer equity? An empirical study of luxury fashion brand", Journal of Business Research, Vol.65, No.10 (2012), pp.1480-1486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.10.014
- Kim, M., N. Chung, and C. Lee, "The effect of perceived trust on electronic commerce : Shopping online for tourism products and services in South Korea", Tourism Management, Vol.32(2011), pp.256-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2010.01.011
- Kwon, O. and Y. Wen, "An empirical study of the factors affecting social network service use", Computer in Human Behavior, Vol.26, No.2(2010), pp.254-263. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.04.011
- Laroche, M., M. R. Habibi, M. O. Richard, and R. Sankaranarayanan, "The effects of social media based brand communities on brand community markers, value creation practices, brand trust and brand loyalty", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.28, No.5 (2012), pp.1755-1767. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2012.04.016
- Lee, D., H. S. Kim, and J. K. Kim, "The impact of online brand community type on consumer's community engagement behaviors : Consumer-created vs. marketer-created online brand community in online socialnetworking web sites", Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Vol.14, No.1/2(2011), pp.59-63. https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2009.0397
- Lewicki, R. J., D. J. McAllister, and R. J. Bies, "Trust and distrust : New relationships and realities", Academy of Management Review, Vol.23, No.3(1998), pp.438-458.
- Lewicki, R. J., E. C. Tomlinson, and N. Gillespie, "Models of interpersonal trust development : Theoretical approaches, empirical evidence, and future directions", Journal of Management, Vol.32, No.6(2006), pp.991-1022.
- Lewis, J. D. and A. Weigert, "Trust as a social reality", Social Forces, Vol.63, No.4(1985), pp.967-985. https://doi.org/10.1093/sf/63.4.967
- Lim, E. A. C. and S. H. Ang, "Hedonic vs. utilitarian consumption : A cross-cultural perspective based on cultural conditioning", Journal of Business Research, Vol.61, No.3 (2008), pp.225-232. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.06.004
- Lin, K. Y. and H. P. Lu, "Intention to continue using Facebook fan pages from the perspective of social capital theory", Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Vol.14, No.10(2011), pp.565-570. https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2010.0472
- Madupu, V. and D. O. Cooley, "Antecedents and consequences of online brand community participation : A conceptual framework", Journal of Internet Commerce, Vol.9, No.2 (2010), pp.127-147. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332861.2010.503850
- Martins, C. S. and L. Patricio, "Understanding participation in company social networks", Journal of Service Management, Vol.24, No.5(2013), pp.567-587. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-04-2013-0112
- McAlexander, J. H., J. W. Schouten, and H. F. Koenig, "Building brand community", Journal of Marketing, Vol.66, No.1(2002), pp.38-54.
- McKnight, D. H., L. L. Cummings, and N. L. Chervany, "Initial trust formation in new organizational relationships", Academy of Management review, Vol.23, No.3(1998), pp. 473-490.
- Nambisan, S. and R. A. Baron, "Virtual customer environments : Testing a model of voluntary participation in value co-creation activities", Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol.26, No.4(2009), pp.388-406. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5885.2009.00667.x
- Ou, C. X. and C. L Sia, "Consumer trust and distrust : An issue of website design", International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.68, No.12(2010), pp.913-934. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2010.08.003
- Pagani, M., C. F. Hofacker, and R. E. Goldsmith, "The influence of personality on active and passive use of social networking sites", Psychology and Marketing, Vol.28, No.5(2011), pp.441-456. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20395
- Poyry, E., P. Parvinen, and T. Malmivaara, "Can we get from liking to buying? Behavioral differences in hedonic and utilitarian Facebook usage", Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.12, No.4(2013), pp.224-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2013.01.003
- Ribbink, D., A. C. Van Riel, V. Liljander, and S. Streukens, "Comfort your online customer : quality, trust and loyalty on the internet", Managing service quality, Vol.14, No.6 (2004), pp.446-456. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520410569784
- Rosenbaum, M. S. and C. A. Massiah, "When customers receive support from other customers : Exploring the influence of intercustomer social support on customer voluntary performance", Journal of Service Research, Vol.9, No.3(2007), pp.257-270. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670506295851
- Ryu, K., H. Han, and S. S. Jang, "Relationships among hedonic and utilitarian values, satisfaction and behavioral intentions in the fast-casual restaurant industry", International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol.22, No.3(2010), pp.416-432. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596111011035981
- Shao, G., "Understanding the appeal of usergenerated media : A uses and gratification perspective", Internet Research, Vol.19, No.1 (2009), pp.7-25. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240910927795
- Sung, Y., Y. Kim, O. Kwon, and J. Moon, "An explorative study of Korean consumer participation in virtual brand communities in social network sites", Journal of Global Marketing, Vol.23, No.5(2010), pp.430-445. https://doi.org/10.1080/08911762.2010.521115
- Tajfel, H., Social categorization, social identity and social comparison. In H. Tajfel(Ed.), Differentiation between social groups : New York : Academic Press(1978), pp.61-76.
- Tsai, W. H. S. and L. R. Men, "Motivations and antecedents of consumer engagement with brand pages on social networking sites", Journal of Interactive Advertising, Vol.13, No.2(2013), pp.76-87. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2013.826549
- Urista, M. A., Q. Dong, and K. D. Day, "Explaining why young adults use MySpace and Facebook through uses and gratifications theory", Human Communication, Vol. 12, No.2(2009), pp.215-229.
- Valenzuela, S., N. Park, and K. F. Kee, "Is there social capital in a social network site? : Facebook use and college students'life satisfaction, trust, and participation", Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 14, No.4(2009), pp.875-901. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2009.01474.x
- Van Doorn, J., K. N. Lemon, V. Mittal, S. Nass, D. Pick, P. Pirner, and P. C. Verhoef, "Customer engagement behavior : Theoretical foundations and research directions", Journal of Service Research, Vol.13, No.3 (2010), pp.253-266. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670510375599
- Wang, H. C., J. G. Pallister, and G. R. Foxall, "Innovativeness and involvement as determinants of website loyalty : II. Determinants of consumer loyalty in B2C e-commerce", Technovation, Vol.26, No.12(2006), pp. 1366-1373. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2005.11.003
- Xu, C., S. Ryan, V. Prybutok, and C. Wen, "It is not for fun : An examination of social network site usage", Information and Management, Vol.49, No.5(2012), pp.210-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2012.05.001
- Yen, H. R., S. H. Y. Hsu, and C. Y. Huang, "Good soldiers on the web : Understanding the drivers of participation in online communities of consumption", International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.15, No.4 (2011), pp.89-120. https://doi.org/10.2753/JEC1086-4415150403
- Yi, Y. and T. Gong, "If employees go the extra mile, do customers reciprocate with similar behavior?", Psychology and Marketing, Vol.25, No.10(2008), pp.961-986. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20248
- Zhou, Z., Q. Zhang, C. Su, and N. Zhou, "How do brand communities generate brand relationships? Intermediate mechanisms", Journal of Business Research, Vol.65, No.7 (2012), pp.890-895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.06.034