- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Decision Support System for Product Design Common Attribute Selection under the Semantic Web and SWCL
시맨틱 웹과 SWCL하의 제품설계 최적 공통속성 선택을 위한 의사결정 지원 시스템
- Received : 2014.04.14
- Accepted : 2014.05.29
- Published : 2014.06.30
It is unavoidable to provide products that meet customers' needs and wants so that firms may survive under the competition in this globalized market. This paper focuses on how to provide levels for attributes that compse product so that firms may give the best products to customers. In particular, its main issue is how to determine common attributes and the others with their appropriate levels to maximize firms' profits, and how to construct a decision support system to ease decision makers' decisons about optimal common attribute selection using the Semantic Web and SWCL technologies. Parameter data in problems and the relationships in the data are expressed in an ontology data model and a set of constraints by using the Semantic Web and SWCL technologies. They generate a quantitative decision making model through the automatic process in the proposed system, which is fed into the solver using the Logic-based Benders Decomposition method to obtain an optimal solution. The system finally provides the generated solution to the decision makers. This presentation suggests the opportunity of the integration of the proposed system with the broader structured data network and other decision making tools because of the easy data shareness, the standardized data structure and the ease of machine processing in the Semantic Web technology.
- Nair, S. K., L. S. Thakur, and K. Wen, "Near optimal solutions for product line design and selection : Beam search heuristics", Management Science, Vol.41, No.5(1995), pp.767-785. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.41.5.767
- Rutenberg, D. P., "Design commonality to reduce multi-item inventory : Optimal depth of a product line", Operations Research, Vol.19, No.2(1969), pp.491-509.
- Rutenberg, D. P. and T. L. Schftel, "Product design : Subassemblies for multiple markets", Management Science, Vol.18, No.4(1971), pp.220-231. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.18.4.B220
- Tarasewich, P. and P. R. McMullen, "A pruning heuristic for use with multisource product design", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.128(2001), pp.58-73. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(99)00350-1
- Zufryden, F. S., A conjoint measurementbased approach for optimal new product design and market segmentation, Analytic Approaches to Product and Market Planning, A. D. Shoker, ed., Cambridge, MA : Marketing Science Institute, (1977), pp.100-114.
- Desai, P., S. Kekre, S. Radhakrishnan, and K. Srinivasan, "Product differentiation and commonality in design : balancing revenue and cost drivers", Management Science, Vol.47, No.1(2001), pp.37-51. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.126.96.36.19972
- Gerchak, Y., M. J. Magazine, and A. B. Gamble, "Component commonality with service level requirements", Management Science, Vol.34 No.6(1988), pp.753-760. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.34.6.753
- Kim, H.-J., W. Kim, and M. Lee, "Semantic Web Constraint Language and its application to an intelligent shopping agent", Decision Support Systems, Vol.46(2009), pp. 882-894. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2008.12.004
- Heese, H. S. and J. M. Swaminathan, "Product line design with component commonality and cost-reduction effort", Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Vol.8, No.2(2006), pp.206-219. https://doi.org/10.1287/msom.1060.0103
- Hooker, J. N. and G. Ottosson, "Logic-based Benders decomposition", Mathematical Programming, Vol.96(2003), pp.33-60. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-003-0375-9
- Horrocks, I., P. F. Patel-Schneider, H. Boley, S. Tabet, B. Grosof, and M. Dean, "SWRL : A Semantic Web Rule Language Combining OWL and RuleML", Acknowledged W3C Member Submission, NRC 48058, 2004.
- Kim, K. and D. Chhajed, "Commonality in product design : Cost saving, valuation change and cannibalization", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.33, No. 12(2000), pp.1502-1511.
- Kim, K. and D. Chhajed, "Product design with multiple quality-type attributes", Management Science, Vol.33, No.12(2002), pp. 1502-1511.
- Kohli, R. and R. Krishnamurti, "A heuristic approach to product design", Management Science, Vol.33, No.12(1987), pp.1523-1533. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.33.12.1523
- Kohli, R. and R. Sukumar, "Heuristics for product-line design using conjoint analysis", Management Science, Vol.36, No.12(1990), pp.1464-1478. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.36.12.1464
- Lee, H. L. and C. Billington, Designing products and processes for postponement, in Dasu S. and Eastman C. eds., Management of Design, Kluwer Academic Publishers : Boston, (1994), pp.105-122.
- Miller, E., "An Introduction to the Resource Description Framework", Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science, Vol.25, No.1(1998), pp.15-19.
- Moorthy, K. S., "Market segmentation, selfselection, and product line design", Marketing Science, Vol.3, No.4(1984), pp.288-307. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.3.4.288
- 박상언, 임재익, 강주영, "공간정보사업의 중복사업 검색을 위한 의미기반검색 시스템의 설계", 한국IT서비스학회지, 제12권, 제3호 (2013), pp.389-404. https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2013.12.3.389
- 김길선, 김학진, "Common Attribute Selection Problem : Formulation, Algorithm and Heuristic", 한국생산관리학회지, 제19권, 제2호 (2008), pp.123-146.
- 김우주, 윤숙희, 이명진, "시맨틱 웹 제약 언어 기반 쇼핑 의사 결정 지원 시스템 개발", 한국지능정보시스템학회 추계학술대회 논문집, (2006), pp.113-121.
- 김학진, 이삼열, 윤소현, "논리기반 벤더스 분리법을 이용한 제품 설계 공통속성 최적 선택의 풀이", 한국생산관리학회지, 제24권, 제2호(2013), pp.261-277.
- 이명진, 김우주, 김학진, "시맨틱 웹 환경에서의 부분 선형 제약 지식 표현을 위한 SWCL의 확장", 한국경영과학학회지, 제37권, 제4호 (2012), pp.19-34.
- 이명진, 김학진, 김우주, "의미망 제약식언어를 기반으로 한 인터넷 쇼핑 의사결정 틀", 한국경영과학회지, 제33권, 제3호(2008), pp.29-42.
- Balakrishnan, P. V. and Varchese S. Jacob, "Genetic algorithms for product design", Management Science, Vol.42, No.8(1996), pp. 1105-1117. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.42.8.1105
- Berners-Lee, T., R. Fielding, and L. Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifier(URI) : Generic Syntax", RFC 3986/STD 66, 2005.
- Bratt, S., "Semantic Web, and Other Technologies to Watch", World Wide Web Consortium, 2007.
- Bray, T., J. Paoli, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, and E. Maler, "Extensible Markup Language( XML) 1.0(Fifth Edition)", W3C Recommendation, 2008.