- Volume 2 Issue 1
In next-generation wireless networks, provisioning of IP-based network architecture and seamless transmission services are very important issues for mobile nodes. For this reason, a mobility management mechanism to support global roaming is highly regarded. These technologies bring a broader life by using a global roaming account through the connection of multiple devices or technology to mobile users; they also provide real-time multimedia services. This paper presents a comprehensive performance analysis of fast handover for hierarchical mobile IPv6 (F-HMIPv6), hierarchical mobile IPv6 (HMIPv6), Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6), and fast Proxy Mobile IPv6 (FPMIPv6) using the fluid-flow model and random-walk model. As a result, the location update cost of the PMIPv6 and FPMIPv6 is better than that of HMIPv6 and F-HMIPv6. These results suggest that the network-based mobility management technology is superior to the hierarchical mobility management technology in the mobility environment.
Mobility model;PMIPv6;FPMIPv6;HMIPv6;F-HMIPv6;Mobility Management
- Johnson, D. B. Perkins, C. E. and Arkkko, J., "Mobility support in IPv6", IETF RFC 3775, June 2004.
- Koodli, G, "Fast handovers for Mobile IPv6", IETF RFC 4068, July 2008.
- Soliman, H. Castelluccia, C. El-Malki, K. and Bellier, L. "Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Managerment", IETF RFC 4140, August 2005.
- Jung H. Soliman, H. Koh, S. and Takamiya, N., "Fast handover for hierarchical MIPv6", Internet Draft, draft-jung-mipshopfhmipv6-00.txt, April 2006.
- Gundavelli, S. Leung, K. Devarapalli, V. Chowdhury, K. and Paril, B., "Proxy Mobile IPv6", IETF RFC 5213, August 2008.
- Chuang, M. C. and Lee, J. F., "FH-PMIPv6: A fast handoff scheme in proxy Mobile IPv6 networks", Consumer, pp.1297-1300, May 2011.
- Ju-Eun Kang, Dong-Won Kum, Yang Li, and You-Ze Cho, "Seamless Handover Scheme for Proxy Mobile IPv6", IEEE International Conference on Wireless & Mobile Computing, Networking & Communication, 2008.
- Guan, J. Zhou, H. Yan, Z. Qin, Y. and Zhang, H., "Implementation and analysis of proxy MIPv6", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol 11, pp.477-490, April 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcm.842
- Jong-Hyouk Lee, J M Bonnin, Ilsun You, Chung Tai-Myoung, "Comparative Handover Performance Analysis of IPv6 Mobility Management Protocols", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 60, No. 3, pp.1077-1088, May 2012.
- X. Zhang, J.G. Castellanos and A.T. Campbell, "P-MIP: paging extensions for mobile IP", Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 7, no. 2, pp.127-141, April 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013774805067
- Li Jun ZHANG and Samuel PIERRE, "Evaluating the Performance of Fast Handover for Hierarchical MIPv6 in Cellular Networks", Journal of Networks, Vol. 3, No. 6, June 2008.
- Ian F. Akyildiz, Yi-Bing Lin, Wei-Ru Lai, and Rong-Jaye Chen, "A New Random Walk Model for PCS Networks", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 18, No. 7, July 2000.
- Kuo-Hsing Chiang and Nirmala Shenoy, "A 2-D Random-Walk Mobility Model for Location-Management Studies in Wireless Networks", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 53, No. 2, March 2004.
- S. Pack and Y. Choi, "Performance analysis of hierarchical mobile IPv6 in IP-based cellular networks", IEEE PIMRC 2003, pp.2818-2822, September 2003.
- M. Woo, "Performance analysis of mobile IP regional registration", IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E86-B, No. 2, pp.472-478, February 2003.
- Performance Analysis of Inter-Domain Handoff Scheme Based on Virtual Layer in PMIPv6 Networks for IP-Based Internet of Things vol.12, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0170566