- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Resistance Characteristics of 50-ft class CFRP Power Yacht
경량탄소섬유(CFRP) 소재 50피트급 파워요트 저항특성에 관한 연구
Jeong, Uh-Cheul;Ryu, Cheol-Ho;Oh, Dae-Kyun;Hong, Ki-Sup
- Received : 2014.07.12
- Accepted : 2014.10.24
- Published : 2014.12.31
The resistance performances were studied for two 50-ft-class power yachts made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) with different hull form characteristics using model tests. The tests were carried out at a high-speed circulating water channel (CWC) for the 16–38 knot range. The total resistance, trim, and sinkage were measured, and the results were compared with wave patterns. The results showed that a chine position at the draft line had a strong effect on the planning performance and resistance performance in a certain velocity range.
CFRP;Power yacht;Resistance characteristics;Hull form development;Model test
- Clement, E.P., 2004. The Plum Hulls. Boat Builder, 88, 82-95.
- Jeong, U.C., Park, J.W., Kim, K.S., 2008. Hull Form Development of 32-ft Class Leisure Boat by Statistical Analysis of Actual Ship. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 22(3), 58-63.
- Jeong, U.C., Kim, D.J., Choi, H.S., 2012. Study on Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of High Speed Aluminum Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(6), 14-18. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.6.014
- Jeong, U.C., Kwon, S.Y. Choi, J.H., Kim, D.J., Hong, K.S., 2013. Study of Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of Catamaran-type High Speed Fishing Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 27(6), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.6.001
- Kihara, K., Ishii, T., 1986. A New Method of Initial Design for High Speed Craft(2). Transition of West Japan Society of Naval Architecture, 72, 293-300.
- Kwon, S.Y., Jeong, U.C., Hong, K.S., Lee, H.J., Na, H.J., 2012. Study on Development of Control Fin of Longitudinal Position for High Speed Leisure Boat. Proceeding of KAOSTS, Daegu Korea, 1189-1192.
- Niwa, S., 2002. Engineering of High Speed Boat(Resistance and Propulsion). A Foundation of Ship and Ocean(in Japanese).
- Oh, D.K., Lee, C.W., Jeong, U.C., Ryu, C.H., 2013. A Study on the Basic Design and its Characteristics of 50-feet class CFRP Cruise Boat. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment and Safety, 19(6), 674-680. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.6.674