- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Thermal Characteristics of Hybrid Composites for Application to Surfboard
서프보드 적용을 위한 하이브리드 복합재료의 열적 특성
Kim, Yun-Hae;Lee, Jin-Woo;Park, Chang-Wook;Park, Soo-Jeong
- Received : 2014.05.28
- Accepted : 2014.08.19
- Published : 2014.08.30
Today, carbon fibers are used as heating elements. Carbon fibers are generally used to reinforce composite materials because they are lightweight and have a high strength and modulus. Carbon fiber reinforced composite materials are used for aerospace, automobile, and wind turbine blade applications. This work explored the possibility of using carbon fiber reinforced composite materials as self heating materials. The temperatures of the carbon fiber reinforced composites were measured. These results verified that the carbon fiber reinforced composite materials could be used as heating elements. A glass fiber was laminated using various methods. The thermal characteristics of the composites were evaluated. This confirmed that the generation of heat varied according to the lamination thicknesses of the carbon fiber and glass fiber. As the number of carbon fiber laminations increased, the heat-generating temperature increased. In contrast, as the number of glass fiber laminations increased, the amount of heat decreased. The generation of heat and ability to remain warm could be controlled by controlling the carbon fiber and glass fiber laminations.
Surfboard;Carbon heater;Composite;Thermal characteristic;Leisure
- Kim, M.S., Kong, K.G., Kim, N.R., Park, H.W., O.Y. Park, Y. B Park, M. Y Jung, S. H Lee, S. G Kim, 2013, Experimental and Numerical Study of Heating Characteristics of Discontinuous Carbon Fiber-Epoxy Composites, Journal of composites research, 26(1), 72-78. https://doi.org/10.7234/kscm.2013.26.1.72
- Jin, Z.H., Shim, K.J., Kong, T.W., Jeong H.M., Chung, H.S., 2006. A Study on the Temperature and Electrical Characteristics of Carbon Heater. Jounal of the korean society for power system engineering, 10(1), 71-76.
- Jun, S.J., 2013. Study on the improvement of the resilient materials for noise reducing. Degree of master, Han Yang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, H.Y., Kim, P.W., Hong, S.H., Kim, Y.C., Yeh, B.H., Jung, B., 1999. Analysis of Thermal Conductivities of Carbon/Phenolic and Silica/Phenolic Ablative Composites by Laser Pulse Method. Journal of composites research, 12(3), 75-83.
- Lee, W.Y., 2002. Skin Temperature and Body Fluid Changes during a Distance Running in Different Ambient Temperatures. Degree of Doctor, Kook-Min University, Seoul, Korea.
- Ok, D.P., 2006. Effective of the Usage of Wetsuits and Its Impact to the Windsurfer's Body Temperature Changes to Prevent the Buildup of Fatige Chemicals Which can Lead to the Windsurfers' Muscle Fatigue and Injuries. Degree of Doctor, Busan University, Busan, Korea.
- Ahn, S.H., Ha, Y.S., Moon, C.K., 2013. Electrofusion Joining Technology for Polyethylene Pipes Using Carbon Fiber. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 27(5), 93-98. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.5.093
- Bae, K.Y., Lee, K.S., Kong, T.W., Chung, H.S., Jeong, H.Y., Chung, H.T., 2003. A Study on Application of Warm Air Circulator by Using the Carbon Heating Element with Particle Type. Jounal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, 7(4), 31-37.
- Jang, S.J., You, Y.C., Kim, H.R., Yun, H.D., 2013. Effect of Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer (GFRP) Shear Connector's Shape on Inplane Shear Strength of Insulated Concrete Sandwich Panels. Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 17(4), 9-17. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2013.17.4.009
Supported by : 중소기업청