- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Corrosion Property on the Welded Zone of Cast Steel Piston Crown with Types of Electrode
용접재료 별 주강 피스톤 크라운 용접부위의 부식 특성에 대한 평가
- Received : 2014.04.24
- Accepted : 2014.08.22
- Published : 2014.08.30
Wear and corrosion of the engine parts surrounded with combustion chamber is more serious compared to the other parts of the engine because temperature of the exhaust gas in a combustion chamber is getting higher and higher with increasing of using the heavy oil of low quality. Therefore, an optimum repair weldment as well as an available choice of the base metal for these parts are very important to prolong their lifetime in a economical point of view. It reported that there was an experimental result for repair weldment on the forged steel which would be generally used with piston crown material, however, it is considered that there is no study for the repair weldment on the cast steel of piston crown material. In this study, four types of electrodes such as 1.25Cr-0.5Mo, 0.5Mo Inconel 625 and 718 were welded with SMAW and GTAW methods on the cast steel which would be generally used with piston crown material. And the corrosion properties of weld metal, heat affected zone and base metal were investigated using electrochemical methods such as measurement of corrosion potential, anodic polarization curves, cyclic voltammogram and impedance etc. in 35%
Corrosion Potential;Galvanic Cell;Weld Metal;Heat Affected Zone;Arc Welding
- Moon, K.M., 1999. Practical Electro - Chemistry. Hyosung Publishing Co., 177.
- Jones, D.A., 1998. Principles and Prevention of Corrosion. Original American Edition Published by Prentice-Hall, Inc., 314.
- Kim, J.G., Kang, M.S., Kim, Y.S., 2006. A Study on Characteristics of Repair Welding for Cast Iron Part of Diesel Engine for Ship. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(2), 41-45.
- Kim, M.N., Kim, B.I., Han, J.D., 2000. A Study of Mechanical Properties of Underwater Wet Welding Electrode. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 14(4), 56-61.
- Moon, K.M., Lee, M.H., Kim, K.J., Kim, J.G. Kim, S.J., 2003. A Study on the Post-Weld Heat Treatment Effect to Mechanical Properties and Hydrogen Embrittlement for Heating Affected Zone of a RE36 Steel. Corrosion Science and Technology, 2(6), 283-288.
- Muylder, J.V., Pourbaix, M., 1966. Atlas of Electrochemical Equilibria in Aqueous Solution. Ed. by M. Pourbaix, Rergomon Press and Cebelcor, 260-509.
- Shin, M.K., 1984. New Edition Workshop Practice. Ah Sung Publishing Co., 244-245.
- Tsay, L.W., Lin, W.L., Chenct S.W., Leu G.S., 1997. Hydrogen Sulphide Stress Corrosion Cracking of 2.25 Cr-Mo Steel Weldments. Corrosion Science, 39(7), 1165-1176. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(97)00015-2
- Ahn, S.H., Jeong, J.H., Nam, K.W., 2005. Evaluation of Characteristic for SS400 and STS304 steel by Weld Thermal Cycle Simulation. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 19(4), 64-71.
- Bilmes, P.D., Liorente, C.L., Saire Huaman, Gassa L.M., Gervasi, C.A., 2006. Microstructure and Pitting Corrosion of 13CrNiMo Weld Metal. Corrosion Science, 48, 3261-3270. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2005.10.009
- Jeon, D.H., 1985. Control of the Corrosion and Anti-corrosion. Iljoongsha, 426-428.
- Evaluation of Characteristics of Welding Zones Welded with Inconel 718 Filler Metal to Piston Crown Forged Material vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.4.334