- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Estimating the Next Failure Time of LNG FPSO Compressor
해양플랜트 LNG FPSO 압축기의 신뢰성 및 회귀분석 기반 고장시점 추정 방법
- Cho, Sang-Jae (Department of Industrial Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Jun, Hong-Bae (Department of Industrial Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Shin, Jong-Ho (Department of Design and Human Engineering, UNIST) ;
- Choi, Sang-Deok (Seok-Young SYSTEMS)
- Received : 2014.04.11
- Accepted : 2014.07.09
- Published : 2014.09.01
The O&M (Operation and Maintenance) phase of offshore plants with a long life cycle requires heavy charges and more efforts than the construction phase, and the occurrence of an accident of an offshore plant causes catastrophic damage. So previous studies have focused on design for reliability, and recently many studies have dealt with a maintenance system to prevent unexpected failures. Nowadays due to the emerging ICTs (Information Communication Technologies) and sensor technologies, it is possible to send health monitoring information of important equipment to administrator of an offshore plant in real time, which leads to having much concern on condition based maintenance policy or predictive maintenance. In this study, we have reviewed previous studies associated with condition-based maintenance of offshore plants, and introduced the approaches predicting failures of the compressor which is one of essential mechanical devices in LNG FPSO.
Grant : 해양플랜트 통합 운영 및 유지보수를 위한 예지보전(豫知保全) 시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Kim, Y.S., 2012, CBM Approach for Facility Equipment, Technical Report, Procon Co., No.2, pp.96-103.
- Park, J.H. et al., 2011, Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Study of a Propane-refrigerant Centrifugal Compressor for LNG Plant, Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B, 35(8), pp.781-787. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.8.781
- Bae, J.H. et al., 2012, A Study on Risk Quantifying Method for The Worker Accidents of Offshore Plant Considering Uncertainty, Proceedings of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, pp.113-118.
- Lee, K.H. and Lee, J.M., 2011, A Study on Augmented Reality Technologies in the Operation and Maintenance Phase of Offshore Plants, Proceedings of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, pp.106-111.
- Lee, B.K., 1999, Vibration and Maintenance Handbook for Field Engineers, pp.18-94.
- Lee, S.K., 2012, State-of-the-art for LNG-FPSO Technology, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 36(1), pp.62-78.
- Jang, D.H. et al., 2011, Developing the Maintenance System for Offshore Plant and Ship, Proceedings of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, pp.1262-1271.
- Jeon, J., Lee, J.H. and Son, G.J., 2012, Development of PEID for Acquiring Maintenance Information During Product Lifecycle of Marine Vessels, Journal of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 26(5), pp.63-72. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.5.063
- Shim, J.G., 2002, State-of-the Art: Compressor, The Magazine of the Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, 31(11), pp.20-26.
- Arunraj, N.S. and Maiti, J., 2010, Risk-based Maintenance Policy Selection Using AHP and Goal Programming, Safety Science, 48(2), pp.238-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2009.09.005
- Dey, P.K., Ogunlana, S.O. and Naksuksakul, S., 2004, Risk-based Maintenance Model for Offshore Oil and Gas Pipelines: A Case Study, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 10(3), pp.169-183. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552510410553226
- Djurdjanovic, D., Lee, J. and Ni, J., 2003, Watchdog Agent-an Infotronics-based Prognostics Approach for Product Performance Degradation Assessment and Prediction, Advanced Engineering Informatics, 17(3), pp.109-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2004.07.005
- Fu, C., Ye, L., Liu, Y., Yu, R., Iung, B., Cheng, Y. and Zeng, Y., 2004, Predictive Maintenance in Intelligent-control-maintenance-management System for Hydroelectric Generating Unit, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 19(1), pp.179-186. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2003.816600
- Grall, A., Dieulle, L., Bérenguer, C. and Roussignol, M., 2002, Continuous-time Predictivemaintenance Scheduling for a Deteriorating System, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 51(2), pp.141-150. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2002.1011518
- Jun, H.B., Conte, F.L., Kiritsis, D. and Xirouchakis, P., 2009, A Predictive Algorithm for Estimating the Quality of Vehicle Engine Oil, International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice, 15(4), pp.386-396.
- Lee, J., 2001, E-intelligence Strategies for Product and Manufacturing Innovation, Transaction of Chinese Mechanical Engineer, 12(5), pp.526-531.
- Lin, D., Wiseman, M., Banjevic, D. and Jardine, A.K., 2004, An Approach to Signal Processing and Condition-based Maintenance for Gearboxes Subject to Tooth Failure, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 18(5), pp.993-1007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2003.10.005
- Lu, H., Kolarik, W.J. and Lu, S.S., 2001, Real- Time Performance Reliability Prediction, IEEE Transaction on Reliability, 50(4), pp.353-357. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.983393
- Moan, T., 2005, Reliability-based Management of Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of Offshore Structures, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 1(1), pp.33-62. https://doi.org/10.1080/15732470412331289314
- Rouhan, A. and Schoefs, F., 2003, Probabilistic Modeling of Inspection Results for Offshore Structures, Structural Safety, 25(4), pp.379-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4730(03)00016-X
- Saranga, H. and Knezevic, J., 2001, Reliability Prediction for Condition-based Maintained Systems, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 71(2), pp.219-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(00)00094-6
- Rigdon, S.E. and Basu, A.P., 2000, Statistical Methods for the Reliability of Repairable Systems. New York: Wiley.
- Wang, W. and Majid, H.B.A., 2000, Reliability Data Analysis and Modelling of Offshore Oil Platform Plant, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 6(4), pp.287-295. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552510010346824
- Mayer, R.J., 1994, IDEF0 Function Modeling, Technical Report, Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.
- Ebeling, C.E., 1997, An Introduction to Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, Waveland Press, Inc.
- Hussin, H., Hashim, F.M., Muhammad, M. and Ibrahim, S.N., 2010, A Systematic and Practical Approach of Analyzing Offshore System Maintenance Data, Proceedings of the International Multiconference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, Vol. III.