- Volume 23 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Assessment and Analysis of Coal Seam Gas Water Management Study for Water Resource Production -1. Water Production
물 자원 생산을 위한 Coal Seam Gas Water Management Study의 평가 및 분석 -1. 용수 생산
- Shin, Choon-Hwan (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Dongseo University)
- 신춘환 (동서대학교 에너지환경공학과)
- Received : 2014.06.18
- Accepted : 2014.07.15
- Published : 2014.08.29
Coal seam gas (CSG) production involves extracting methane from coal seams with ground water which is so called a primary by-product of this process, and is often rich in salts and other constituents. The predicted large volume and variable quality of this water make water management a topic associated with CSG production. In the past, the amount of this water used to be pumped into the vacant aquifer, or into the river during the life of individual production wells. Australian government make a strategies for management and beneficial use of the water. From this point of view, a detailed assessment has not been undertaken, it is necessary for water resource production to analysis the "Coal Seam Gas Water (CSG Water) Management Policy Study" published in Queensland, Australia.
CSG water management policy;Water resource;Water quality;Assessment and analysis
Supported by : 동서대학교
- AUS Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Queensland, 2013, Water quality criteria for coal seam gas water.
- AUS Department of Natural Resource, Queensland 2013, Coal seam gas water management study.
- Chris, M,, 2013, Approach to understanding and managing impacts of co-produced water, 5th Annual CSG Associated water conference.
- AUS Environment Protection Agency, Queensland, 2012, Coal seam gas water quality.
- AUS International Longwell News, 2013, QLD's CSG water policy to benefit environment.
- APLNG, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; Surat water production vs Great Artesian Basin.
- Galiee Energy, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; Water treatment(Process option, Water retention pond and evaporation).
- Higgins, J., Warnken, J., and Teasdale, P. R., 2012, A review of water quality criteria in australian reclaimed water guidelines and sewage effluent discharge licences.
- Metgasco Energy, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; Australian CSG Basin.
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; CSG technology and process(Brine Treatment Skid).
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; CSG water quality and comparisons.
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG Water Production Forecasts; General water Treatment.
Paul, M., Muthia, E., Bae, J. S., Victor R., Shin C. H., 2008, Open hysteresis phenomena in high-pressure sorption of
$CH_4$and $CO_2$on coal, Asia Pacific CBM Symposium, 45-47.
Paul M., Muthia E., Bae J. S., Victor, R., Shin, C. H., 2009, Gas adsorption measurement on coals for
$CO_2$-ECBM, 2009, Acia-Pacific Coalbed Methane Symposium, 88-92.
Shin, C. H., Bae, J. S., Pau,l M., 2008, Issues on
$CH_4$$CO_2$ Geo-Sequestration in coals, J. Clean Technology, Spring conference, 13-17.
- Paul, M., Iyer, R.S., Muthia, E., Timothy, N., 2014, An Experimental study on chracterising coal bed methane(CBM) fines production and migration of mineral matter in coal bed, Energy and Fuels, In Print.
- Randol, C., 2013, Managing the impacts of CSG water extraction in the Surat basin, 5th Annual CSG Associated water conference.
- Shin, C. H., 2009, Geo-sequestration of carbon dioxide on coal and high-pressure sorption of methane as a green energy source, 4th international workshop on environmental sciences, 198-204.
- Shin, C. H., Bae, J. S., 2012, A stability study of an advanced co-treatment system for dye wastewater reuse, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 20(6), 775-779.
- Shin, C. H., Bae, J. S., Victor R., 2014, Co-treatment systems combined with unit processes for dye wastewater recycling, J. Ind. Ind. Chem. 20(1), 710-716. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2013.05.037
- Shin, C. H., Kim, J. W., 2012, Eco-efficiency of energy symbiosis for the energy network of surplus heat, J. Kor. Environ. Sci., 21(5), 545-553. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.5.545
- Shin, C. H., Robert, J., 2009, Development and module design of a novel membrane process for the removal of chlorine and its associated forms from wastewater, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 15(5), 613-617. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2009.09.030
- Usable water production from coal seam gas water with a combination of pore control fiber filtration and reverse osmosis vol.23, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2017.159