- Volume 23 Issue 8
The purpose of this study is to examine green consumer behavior (green product purchasing behavior and green consumption life) affected by demographical characteristics, and cognition degree of green life (cognition of a green indicator, a green life catalyst system, and environmental problems). It's also to promote strategy and suggest effective activation plans for the vitalization of green consumer behavior. To carry out the task, verification of credibility, multiple regression analysis, two-step cluster analysis, and multinomial logistic analysis were used. The results are as follows: First, the factors that effect green product purchasing behavior were gender, age, cognitive of a green indicator, carbon points system, electricity peak hour system, and seriousness of environmental damage due to lifestyle. Second, the factors that effect green lifestyle were gender, age, carbon grade indicator system, cognition of a green system, and the seriousness of environmental damage due to lifestyle. Third, the comparative group characteristic analysis showed low rates for careless green consumer behavior groups compared to the passive green consumer behavior groups in cognition of a green indicator, green system, and environmental problems. For active green consumer behavior groups, the analysis showed high rates in cognition of carbon grades, eco-labeling, electricity peak hour system, and environmental damage due to lifestyle. In order to encourage green consumer behavior, it's evident that cognition of a green indicator, a green life catalyst system, and environmental problems need to be improved through strategic education and continuous encouragement.
Cognition of a green indicator;Cognition of environmental problems;Cognition of a green system;Green consumer behavior;Green product purchase
- Hwang, E. A., 2008, Sustainable energy consumption and the direction for promoting the supporting policies in and effort to realize sustainable energy consumption, No. 08-14 Policy Research, Korea Consumer Agency, Seoul, Korea.
- Arnocky, S., Stroink, M., DeCicco, T., 2007, Self-construal predicts environmental concern, cooperation, and conservation, Journal of Environmental Psychology, 27(4), 255-264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2007.06.005
- Bae, S. Y., 2009, A Study on the Revitalizing System for Low Carbon Green Consumption, No. 09-08 Policy Research, Korea Consumer Agency, Seoul, Korea.
- Baek, E. N., 2010, A study on the attitude and energy consumption behavior of low carbon green growth : in response to climate change, Master Dissertation, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu, Korea.
- Keum, J. H., 2013, Relationship between green consumer behavior, environmental knowledge, and environmental attitudes among students at the university of education, Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 51(1), 89-95. https://doi.org/10.6115/khea.2013.51.1.089
- Moon, S. J., Lee, S. H., 2013, Effects of consumer's eco mark perception on product evaluation, Korean Society of Consumer Studies, 24(1), 99-123.
- Kim, H. J., 2014, Segmentation of green consumers and willingness to purchase green products of university students, The Korean Society for Environmental Education, 27(1), 51-68.
- Lee, J. R., 2013, Structural relationship between consumer's green purchasing behavior and influences, Journal of Marketing Studies, 21(4), 149-172.
- Ministry of Environment, 2009, A Research on Public Perception of Green Growth and Environmental Education, Ministry of Environment, Seoul, Korea.
- Myeong, S. J., 2012, The effects of awareness and education of green lives on implementation of green lives, The Korean Society for Environmental Education, 25(4), 470-479.
- Paladino, A., 2005, Understanding the green consumer: an empirical analysis, Journal of Consumer Behavior, 4(1), 69-102.
- Peattie, K., 2001, Golden goose or wild goose? the hunt for the green consumer, Business Strategy and the Environment, 10(4), 187-99. https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.292
- Statistics Korea, 2013, The green lifestyle survey, Statistics Korea, Daejeon, Korea.
- Yoo, H. J., Lee, E. H., Cha, K. W., 2013, A study on eco friendly consumption and eco-friendly information needs of consumers, Consumer Policy and Education Review, 9(4), 107-134.
- You, D. R., 2012, The effects on the green consumption behavior of university students, Consumer Policy and Education Review, 8(4), 1-24.
- Development of 'Carbon Footprint' Concept and Its Utilization Prospects in the Agricultural and Forestry Sector vol.17, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2015.17.4.358