- Volume 23 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Recognition of Korean Pre-service Elementary Teachers Concerning Environment Class
환경수업에 대한 예비초등교사의 인식
- Kim, Dong-Uk (Department of Science Education, Daegu National University of Education) ;
- Kim, Sung-Hoon (Center for Green Fusion Technology and Department of Engineering in Energy & Applied Chemistry, Silla University)
- Received : 2014.05.29
- Accepted : 2014.08.19
- Published : 2014.08.29
Recognition of Korean pre-service elementary school teachers concerning the factor for the environmental class was investigated and analyzed by the factorial analysis. Korean pre-service elementary school teachers are aware of the factor of 'participation in environment' as well as the factor of 'environmental knowledge' for the environmental class. Furthermore, they had a very positive attitude about the factor of 'participation in environment'.
Environment class;Pre-service elementary teacher
- Cho, B. C., Ryu, J. I., Jeong, J. S., Kim, H. N., Park, K. T., 2005, Survey of elementary school teachers' perceptions about environmental education, Environ. Edu., 18(2), 1-13.
- Choi, K. H., 2001, Perceptions of Korean science and social science teachers regarding teaching/learning methods for environmental education, Environ. Edu., 14(2), 40-50.
- Hungerford, H. R., 2010, Environmental education (EE) for the 21st century: where have we been? where are we now? where are we headed?, J. Environ. Edu., 41(1), 1-6.
- Choi, K. H., Park, J. Y., 1995, The perceptions of teachers attended at environmental education program for certificate of the second-major regarding environmental education, J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu., 15(3), 316-324.
- Choi, S. J., Kim, J. H., Lee, D. Y., Jang, H. J., 1997, Survey of Korean school environmental education, Research report of Korean society of environment education, Korean society of environment education.
- Fraenkel, J. R., Wallen, N. E., 2003, How to design and evaluate research in education, 5th ed., McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, 167-168.
- Hwang, S. Y., Seo, E. J., Lee, R. N., Hong, I. Y., 2012, A review of research trends in school environmental education focused on journal of Korean association for environmental education, Environ. Edu., 25(2), 224-241.
- Kandir, A., Yurt, O., Kalburan, N. C., 2012, Comparison of teacher and teacher candidates in terms of their environmental attitudes, Edu. Sci. Theory & Practice, 12(1), 323-327.
- Karatekin, K., 2013, Comparison of environmental literacy levels of pre-service teachers, Inter. J. Acad. res., 5(2), 5-14.
- Kwon, N. J., Ahn, J. H., Cheong, C., 2012, The analysis on domestic research trends about elementary school environmental education, Environ. Edu., 25(1), 1-14.
- Pe'er, S., Goldman, D., Yavetz, B., 2007, Evironmental literacy in teacher training: attitude, knowledge, and environmental behavior of beginning students, J. Environ. Edu., 39(1), 45-59. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOEE.39.1.45-59
- Lee, S. K., Chang, N. K., 1994, The investigation of the status of environmental education in schools through analysis of goals for environmental education, J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu., 14(1), 12-23.
- Mastrilli, T., 2005, Environmental education in Pennsylvania's elementary teacher education program: a statewide report, J. Environ. Edu., 36(3), 22-30. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOEE.36.3.22-30
- Mosothwane, M., 2002, Pre-service teachers' conceptions of environmental education, Res. in Edu., 68, 26-40. https://doi.org/10.7227/RIE.68.3
- UNESCO, 1978, Intergovernmental conference on environ -mental education(Tbilisi/USSR), Unesco final report, Unesco in co-operation with UNEP, Paris, France.
- Yavetz, B., Goldman, D., Pe'er, S., 2009, Environmental literacy of pre-service teachers in Israel: a comparison between students at the onset and end of their studies, Environ. Edu. Res., 15(4), 393-415. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504620902928422