- Volume 30 Issue 8
Aerodynamic damping ratios play an important role in the estimations of wind-induced responses of modern super-tall and slender buildings and structures. In the present study, along- and across-wind aerodynamic damping ratios of a square cross-sectional conventional and tapered super-tall buildings with height of 448m were investigated using the Random Decrement Technique (RDT) for the responses obtained from the aeroelastic wind tunnel tests. Wind tunnel tests were conducted under the urban flow condition. Effects of building shape, normalized velocity and wind direction on aerodynamic damping ratios were comprehensively discussed. It was found that the along-wind aeroelastic aerodynamic damping ratios show similar linear increasing trends on the normalized velocities at small wind directions regardless of building shapes. But the across-wind aerodynamic damping ratios show clear differences depending on building shapes, showing different peaks and different normalized velocities at which peaks of aerodynamic damping ratios occur and positive aerodynamic damping ratios become negative. Lastly the effect of trigging value in RDT on aerodynamic damping ratios was examined by changing it from one standard deviation to three times of standard deviation. By enlarging the trigging value, the differences in aerodynamic damping ratios increase, implying the optimal trigging values may exist between one standard deviation and
Tapered super-tall building;Aeroelastic wind tunnel test;Random decrement technique;Aerodynamic damping
- 하영철, 김동우, 정필선, 풍응답에 효과적인 초고층건물의 기본형상에 관한 풍동실험 연구 - 건물의 중공부 변화를 중심으로, 대한건축학회논문집 구조계 18(9), p.p. 93-100, 2002.
- Watanabe, Y., Isyumov, N., Davenport, A.G., Empirical aerodynamic damping function for tall building, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 72, p.p. 313-321, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6105(97)00260-2
- Murakawa, H., Kato, N., Fujii, K., Tamura, Y., Experimental evaluation of aerodynamic damping of tall buildings, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 59, p.p. 177-190, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(96)00006-2
- Quan, Y., Gu, M., Tamura, Y., Experimental evaluation of aerodynamic damping of square super high-rise buildings, Wind and Structures 8(5), p.p. 309-324, 2005. https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2005.8.5.309
- 김영문, 변동 풍하중에 의한 고층건물의 동적응답에 관한 연구, 한국풍공학회 학술발표대회, p.p. 3-11, 1998.
- 조강표, 이옥진, 초고층건물의 기하학적 형상에 따른 풍진동응답, 대한건축학회논문집 구조계 25(6), p.p. 21-32, 2009.
- Tamura, Y., Amplitude dependency of damping in buildings and critical tip drift ratio, International Journal of High-Rise Buildings 1(1), p.p. 1-13, 2012.
- Jeary, A.P., The description and measurement of nonlinear damping in structures, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 59, p.p. 103-114, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(96)00002-5
- Cole, H.A., On-the-line analysis of random vibration, 9th Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference No. 68-288, 1968.
- Kareem, A., Gurley, K., Damping in structures: its evaluation and treatment of uncertainty, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 59, p.p. 131-157, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(96)00004-9
- 일본건축학회, 건축물의 감쇠, 일본건축학회, 2000(일본어).
- Rodrigues, J., Brincker, R., Application of the random decrement technique in operational modal analysis, Proceedings of the 1st International Operational Modal Analysis Conference, p.p. 191-200, 2005.
- Gu, M., Cao, H.L., Quan, Y., Experimental study of across-wind aerodynamic damping of super high-rise buildings with aerodynamically modified square cross-sections, The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, DOI: 10.1002/tal.1137, 2013.
- Damping Ratio Evaluation Using Long-Term Ambient Vibration vol.18, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2018.18.1.77
Supported by : 한국연구재단