- Volume 30 Issue 8
As construction of low-energy buildings becomes a rising issue, small-size energy systems can deal with loads in heating, domestic hot water(DHW) supplying, ventilation, and so on. A single apparatus containing all the system components is recently developed particularly in Europe. Since a single heat pump inside the apparatus must meet different energy needs, dynamic analyses are important for such a system. In this work, a simulation model of a selected multi-functional apparatus is developed in TRNSYS, one of the well-known dynamic simulation tool. Each energy component is defined using experimental results, and a final combined TRNSYS module is validated with experimentation carried out for the entire system. Results show that error is under 10% for all the testing cases. Transient simulations are run with the developed model to analyze the thermal behaviour of the apparatus. As the heat pump is operated in a way that the control priority is on DHW, auxiliary heaters are frequently operated when DHW signals are active and particularly for a not-well insulated building and when outdoor temperatures are low. Analysis results also show potential of connecting a solar thermal collector to the apparatus as proposed in an option by the manufacturer.
Multi-functional heat pump;TRNSYS modules;Transient simulation
- 서승직, 최원기, 트랜시스 응용 프로그램, 일진사, 2009
- Fleury E, Rapport intermediaire, Systemes compacts ventilation chauffage eau chaude en Allemagne, Autriche et Suisse, CSTB, 2006
- Liu X, Long N, Lau SK, Li H, Performance analysis of a multi-functional Heat pump system in heating mode, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 51, pages 698-710, 2013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2012.08.043
- Klein SA, Beckman WA, Mitchell JW, Duffie JA, Duffie NA, Freeman TL, et al. TRNSYS 16 - a transient system simulation program. Madison, USA: Solar Energy Laboratory, University of Wisconsin, 2006.
- Ge YT, Tassou SA, Chaer I, Suguartha N, Performance evaluation of a tri-generation system with simulation and experiment, Applied Energy, vol. 86, pages 2317-2326, 2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2009.03.018
- Liu X, Lau SK, Li H, Optimization and analysis of a multi-functional heat pump system with air source and gray water source in heating mode, Energy and Buildings, vol. 69, pages 1-13, 2014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2013.09.039
- Krauss G, Virgone J, Etude Parametrique de Systemes de Production d'Eau Chaude Solaire en Logements Collectifs, 2006