- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Projection-Based Model Order Reduction for Frequency Responses
주파수응답에 대한 투영기반 모델차수축소법의 비교
- Won, Bo Reum (Coastal Development and Ocean Energy Research Division, KIOST) ;
- Han, Jeong Sam (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Andong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.02.24
- Accepted : 2014.07.25
- Published : 2014.09.01
This paper provides a comparison between the Krylov subspace method (KSM) and modal truncation method (MTM), which are typical projection-based model order reduction methods. The frequency responses are compared to determine the numerical accuracies and efficiencies. In order to compare the numerical accuracies of the KSM and MTM, the frequency responses and relative errors according to the order of the reduced model and frequency of interest are studied. Subsequently, a numerical examination shows whether a reduced order can be determined automatically with the help of an error convergence indicator. As for the numerical efficiency, the computation time needed to generate the projection matrix and the solution time to perform a frequency response analysis are compared according to the reduced order. A finite element model for a car suspension is considered as an application example of the numerical comparison.
Model Order Reduction;Krylov Subspace;Mode Truncation Method;Frequency Response Analysis;Car Suspension
Supported by : 안동대학교
- Li, L., Hu, Y. J. and Wang, X. L., 2014, "Eliminating the Modal Truncation Problem Encountered in Frequency Responses of Viscoelastic Systems," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 333, pp. 1182-1192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2013.10.018
- Han, J. S., 2012, "Efficient Frequency Response and Its Direct Sensitivity Analysis for Large-size Finite Element Models using Krylov Subspace-based Model order reduction," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 1115-1126. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0227-8
- Han, J. S. and Ko, J. H., 2009, "Frequency Response Analysis of Array-Type MEMS Resonators by Model Order Reduction Using Krylov Subspace Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, No. 9, pp. 878-885. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.9.878
- Han, J. S., 2007, "Eigenvalue and Frequency Response Analyses of a Hard Disk Drive Actuator Using Reduced Finite Element Models," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 541-549. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.5.541
- Antoulas, A. C, 2006, "Approximation of Large-scale Dynamical Systems," Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 6, pp. 376-377.
- Projection Based MOR, 2013, Wikipedia, http://morwiki.mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de/morwiki/index.php/Projection_based_MOR.
- Han, J. S., 2011, "Efficient Modal Analysis of Prestressed Structures via Model Order Reduction," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 10, pp. 1211-1222. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.10.1211
- Freund, R. W., 2000, "Krylov-Subspace Methods for Reduced-Order Modeling in Circuit Simulation," Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 123, pp. 395-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-0427(00)00396-4
- Han, J. S., 2013, "Calculation of Design Sensitivity for Large-size Transient Dynamic Problems using Krylov Subspace-based Model Order Reduction," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp. 2789-2800. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-013-0726-2
- Yang, J. Y. and Che, C. Y., 2004, "Extraction of Heat-transfer Macromodels for MEMS Devices," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 14, pp. 587-596. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/14/4/020
- Rudnyi, E. and Korvink, J., 2006, "Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Engineering Models Developed in ANSYS," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3732, pp. 349-356. https://doi.org/10.1007/11558958_41
- Zhang, X. P. and Kang, Z., 2013, "Topology Optimization of Damping Layers for Minimizing Sound Radiation of Shell Structures," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 333, pp. 2500-2519.
- Gugercin, S. and Antoulas, A. C, 2004, "A Survey of Model Reduction by Balanced Truncation and Some New Results," Int. J. Control, Vol. 77, No. 8, 748-766. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207170410001713448
- Azam, S. E. and Mariani, S., 2013, "Investigation of Computational and Accuracy Issues in POD-Based Reduced Order Modeling of Dynamic Structural Systems," Engineering Structures, Vol. 54, 150-167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2013.04.004
- Qu, Z., 2004, "Model Order Reduction Techniques with Applications in Finite Element Analysis," Springer.
- ANSYS, 2012, ANSYS Mechanical APDL Theory Reference 14.5, SAS IP, Inc.