- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Axial Collapse Characteristics of Aluminum/Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Composite Thin-Walled Members with Different Section Shapes
단면형상이 다른 Al/CFRP 혼성박육부재의 축압궤특성
- Hwang, Woo Chae (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kil Sung (Humancomposites CO., Ltd.) ;
- Cha, Cheon Seok (Dept. of Fire Protections and Safety Engineering, Dongkang College) ;
- Kim, Ji Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Ra, Seung Woo (SEOUL METAL CO., Ltd.) ;
- Yang, In Young (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun Univ.)
- 황우채 (조선대학교 기계설계공학과) ;
- 이길성 ((주)휴먼컴퍼지트) ;
- 차천석 (동강대학교 소방안전관리과) ;
- 김지훈 (조선대학교 기계설계공학과) ;
- 나승우 (서울금속) ;
- 양인영 (조선대학교 기계설계공학과)
- Received : 2014.04.17
- Accepted : 2014.06.11
- Published : 2014.09.01
In the present study, we aimed to obtain design data that can be used for the side members of lightweight cars by experimentally examining the types of effects that the changes in the section shape and outermost layer of an aluminum (Al)/carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) composite structural member have on its collapse characteristics. We have drawn the following conclusions based on the test results: The circular Al/CFRP composite impact-absorbing member in which the outermost layer angle was laminated at
Energy Absorption Mechanism;CFRP;Collapse Characteristics;Section Shapes
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Farley, G. L., 1992, "Relationship Between Mechanical-Property and Energy-Absorption Trends for Composite Tubes." NASA Technical Paper, OMB 0704-0188.
- A&D Consultants., 2011, Status and Forecast Report of Composite Material for Automotive, A&D Consultants, Seoul.
- Minoru, Y., Manabu, G. and Yasuhiko S., 2003, "Axial Crush of Hollow Cylindrical Structures with Various Polygonal Cross-Sections Numerical Simulation and Experiment," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 140, pp. 59-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00821-5
- Farley, G. L. and Jones, R. M., 1991, "Prediction of Energy-Absorption Capability of Composite Tubes," Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 26, pp. 388-404.
- Kim, Y. N., Im, K. H., Kim, S. K. and Yang, I. Y., 2003, "Energy Absorption Characteristics of CFRP Composite Tubes Under Axial Compression Load," Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 233-236, pp. 245-250. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.233-236.245
- Mamalis, A. G., Manolakos, D. E., Ioannidis, M. B. and Papapostolou, D. P., 2004, "Crashworthy Characteristics of Axially Statically Compressed Thin-Walled Square CFRP Composite Tubes: Experimental," Composite Structures, Vol. 63, pp. 347-360. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8223(03)00183-1
- Mamilis, A. G., Manolakos, D. E., Demosthenous, G. A. and Johnson, W., 1991, "Axial Plastic Collapse of Thin Bi-Material Tubes as Energy Dissipating Systems," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 11, pp. 185-196. https://doi.org/10.1016/0734-743X(91)90005-Z
- Andre Laoie, J. and Kellas, S., 1996, "Dynamic Crush Tests of Energy-Absorbing Laminated Composite Plates," Composite : part A, Vol. 27A, pp. 467-475.