- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design of Light Trapping System of Thin Film Solar Cell Using Phase Field Method
페이즈 필드법을 이용한 박막형 태양전지의 광포획층 설계
- Heo, Namjoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Jeonghoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.30
- Accepted : 2014.07.09
- Published : 2014.09.01
This study focused on the design of the reflecting layer of a light trapping system fora thin film solar cell using topology optimization based on the phase field method. Therefore, incident light was caused to propagate in the desired direction by reflecting it from this layer, which is the design domain. The same method was applied to the conceptual design of an infrared stealth structure in near infrared range. The results using the phase field method were compared with those using the density method. The design objective was to maximize the Poynting vector value representing the energy flux, which was measured in a measuring domain to control the reflected wave direction. A finite element analysis and optimization process were performed using the commercial package COMSOL combined with the MATLAB programming.
Light Trapping;Thin Film Solar Cell;Infrared Stealth;Phase Field Method;Topology Optimization
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Muller, J., Rech, B., Springer, J. and Vanecek, M., 2004, "TCO and Light Trapping in Silicon Thin Film Solar cells," Solar Energy, Vol. 77, pp. 917-930. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2004.03.015
- Soh, H. J. and Yoo, J., 2012, "Texturing Design for Light Trapping System Using Topology Optimization," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics., Vol. 48, No.2, pp. 227-230. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2175710
- Ball, R. E., 2003, The Fundamentals of Aircraft Combat Survivality Analysis and Design, AIAA Education Series, 2nd Edition, Blacksburg.
- Mahulikar, S. P., Sonawane, H.R. and Kolhe, P.S., 2007, "Infrared Signature Studies of Aerospace Vehicles," Progress in Aerospace Science, Vol. 43, pp. 218-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paerosci.2007.06.002
- Bendsoe, M. P. and Sigmund, O., 2003, Topology Optimization: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Song, S. M. and Yoo, J., 2012, "Nano-Aperture Grating Structure Design in Ultra-High Frequency Range Based on the GA and the ON/OFF Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 7, pp. 739-744. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.7.739
- Shin, H. D. and Yoo, J., 2013, "Nanoaperture Design in Visible Frequency Range Using Genetic Algorithm and ON/OFF Method Based Topology Optimization Scheme," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 1513-1519. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1513
- Lim, H., Yoo, J. and Choi, J. S., 2014, "Topological Nano-Aperture Configuration by Structural Optimization Based on the Phase Field Method," Struct. Multidisc. Optim., Vol. 49, pp.209-224. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-013-0970-1
- Takezawa, A., Nishiwaki, S. and Kitamura, M., 2010, "Shape and Topology Optimization Based on the Phase Field Method and Sensitivity Analysis," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 229, pp. 2697-2718. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2009.12.017
- Yamada, T., Izui, K. Nishiwaki, S. and Takezawa. A., 2010, "A Topology Optimization Method Based on the Level Set Method Incoprating a Fictitious Interface Energy," Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg., Vol. 199, pp. 2876-2891. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2010.05.013
- Yamada, T., Izui, K. and Nishiwaki, S., 2011, "A Level Set-Based Topology Optimization Method for Maximizing Thermal Diffusivity in Problems Including Design-Dependent Effect," J. Mech. Design, Vol.133(3), p. 031011. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4003684