- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Numerical Study of Automotive Indoor Thermal Comfort Model According to Boarding Conditions and Parameters Related to HVAC
HVAC 관련 매개변수 및 탑승조건에 따른 자동차 실내의 온열쾌적성 평가모델에 관한 수치해석적 연구
- Yoon, Seong Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Park, Jun Yong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Son, Deok Young (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Choi, Yunho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Park, Kyungseok (Hyundai Motor Company)
- Received : 2014.05.07
- Accepted : 2014.07.09
- Published : 2014.09.01
Recently, the interest in the thermal comfort is ever increasing as the time people stay in the automobile is gradually increasing. So far, however, the cooling performance of the HVAC(heating and ventilation air conditioning) system is evaluated by thermal environment criteria such as indoor air velocity and temperature, not by a thermal comfort index. Furthermore, the precise criteria has not been established yet when the thermal comfort for the automobile is evaluated using numerical analysis. In this study, the numerical analysis of automobile indoor thermal comfort according to various parameters such as HVAC operating mode, airflow, passenger boarding conditions is performed during the HVAC system's initial operating time(20 minutes). The solar ray tracing model and S2S radiation model are used and validated to simulate an external heat source. Based on this study, an evaluation model which can predict the thermal comfort index for the combination of the above parameters is presented.
Thermal Comfort;PMV(Predicted Mean Vote);PPD(Predicted Percentage of Dissatisfied);Solar Ray Tracing Model
Supported by : 한국 연구재단
- Kim, Y. K., Yang, J. S., Baek, J. H., Kim, K. C. and Ji, H. S., 2010, "Numerical Analysis on the Initial Cool-Down Performance Inside an Automobile for the Evaluation of Passenger's Thermal Comfort," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 18(5), pp. 115-123.
- Seo, J. W., Park, J. H. and Choi, Y. H., 2012, "Evaluation of Thermal Comfort and Cooldown Performance Inside Automotive Cabin According to Air-Conditioning Vent Location," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.120-129. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2012.20.5.120
- Hong, S. H., 2006, "Thermal Comfort in Automotive," MS thesis, KAIST, Korea.
- Simon G. Hodder. and Ken Parsons., 2007, "The Effects of Solar Radiation on Thermal Comfort," Int J Biometeorol, Vol 51, pp. 233-250.
- Chien, H., Jang, J. Y., Chen, Y. H. and Wu, S. C., 2008, "3-D Numerical and Experimental Analysis for Airflow Within a Passenger Compartment," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol 9(4), pp. 437-445. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-008-0053-2
- Martinho, N. A. G., Silva, M. C. G. and Ramos, J. A. E., 2004, "Evaluation of Thermal Comfort in a Vehicle Cabin," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 218(2), pp. 159-166.
- ASHRAE Research, 2005, "2005 ASHRAE Handbook Fundamentals; Ch.8 Thermal Comfort," ASHRAE.
- 2005, "ISO Standard 7730; Third Edition," ISO.
- Fanger, P. O., 1972, "Thermal Comfort," McGraw-Hill.
- Jonsson, J., 2007, "Including Solar Load in CFD Analysis of Temperature Distribution in a Car Passenger Compartment," Master thesis, Lulea University of Technology, Lulea, Sweden.
- Investigation on the Performance of Special Purpose Automotive Air-Conditioning System Using Dual Refrigeration Cycle vol.40, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2016.40.4.213
- Design and Cooling Performances of an Air Conditioning System with Two Parallel Refrigeration Cycles for a Special Purpose Vehicle vol.7, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/app7020190