- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design of Static Gait Algorithm for Hexapod Subsea Walking Robot: Crabster
6 족 해저보행로봇을 위한 정적 보행 알고리즘 설계
- Yoo, Seong Yeol (Korea Research Institute of Ship and Ocean engineering) ;
- Jun, Bong Huan (Korea Research Institute of Ship and Ocean engineering) ;
- Shim, Hyungwon (Korea Research Institute of Ship and Ocean engineering)
- Received : 2014.05.29
- Accepted : 2014.07.17
- Published : 2014.09.01
In this paper, we describe a design method for the static walking algorithm of a subsea hexapod robot called Crabster (CR200). To design the gait algorithms of a hexapod robot, we propose a design method that uses a gait schedule vector and leg pair vector to secure convenience and expandability. Several walking algorithms are designed that are capable of being applied to CR200 according to the underwater environment and explorative conditions. In addition, gait transition is freely performed between algorithms by applying common control parameters to them. The gait algorithms designed using the proposed method are simulated using MATLAB and validated against the results of experiments.
Crasbster;Static Gait;Omni-Directional Gait;Subsea Walking Robot
Grant : 다관절 복합이동 해저로봇 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Gonzalez de Santos, P., Garcia, E. and Estremera, Joaquin, 2006, "Quadrupedal Locomotion," Springer, Verlag London.
- Chen, W., Ren, G., Zhang, J., and Wahn, J., 2012, "Smooth Transition Between Different Gaits of a Hexapod Robot via a Centrol Pattern Generators Algorithm," Journal of Intelligent Robot Systems, Vol. 68, pp.255-270.
- Estremera, J., Cobano, J. and Gonzalez de Santos, P., 2008, "Continuous Free-Crab Gaits for Hexapod Robots on a Natural Terrain with Forbidden Zones : An Application to Humanitarian Demining," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 58, pp.700-711.
- Yang, J., 2008, "Omnidirectional Walking of Legged Robots with a Failed Leg," Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol. 47, pp.1372-1388. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2007.08.006
- Shim, H. W., Lee, K. M., Yoo, S. Y. and Jun, B. H., "Redundancy Generation and Application Method of Underwater Exploration Equipment by Using the Posture Control of CR200," Proc. of Kor. Soc. Of Ocean Eng. Conf., pp.1743-1746.
- Shim, H. W., Yoo, S. Y., Lee, K. M., Baek, H. and Jun, B. H., 2013, "Posture and Walking Control Method of CR200 for Precise Underwater Exploration," Proc. of Kor. Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Conf., pp. 114-118.
- Shim, H.W., Jun, B.H., Lee, P.M., Baek, H., Lee, J.H., 2010, "Workspace Control System of Underwater Tele-operated Manipulators on an ROV," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 37, pp. 1036-1047. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.03.017
- Wernli, R., Jaeger, J., 1984, "ROV Technology Update from an International Perspective," Proceeding of the MTS/IEEE OCEANS 84, pp. 639-645.
- Lee, P.M., Jun, B.H., Park, J.Y., Shim, H.S. Shim, Kim, J.S., Jung, H.S., Yoon, J.Y., 2011, "An in-situ Correction Method of Position Error for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Surveying the Sea Floor," International Journal of Ocean System Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 60-67. https://doi.org/10.5574/IJOSE.2011.1.2.060
- Loebis, D., Sutton, R., Chudley, J., Naeem, W., 2004, "Adaptive Tuning of Kalman Filter via Fuzzy Logic for an Intelligent AUV navigation System," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 1531-1539. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2003.11.008
- Jun, B. H., Shim, H.W., Lee, P.M., 2011, "An Approximation of Generalized Torques by the Hydrodynamic Forces Acting on Legs of Underwater Walking Robot," International Journal of Ocean System Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 222-229. https://doi.org/10.5574/IJOSE.2011.1.4.222
- Yoo, S. Y., Jun, B. H., Shim, H. W. and Lee, P. M., 2014, "Finite Element Analysis of CFRP Frame under Launch and Recovery Conditions for Subsea Walking Robot, Crabster," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 419-425. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.4.419
- Shugen, M., Takashi, T. and Hideyuki, W., 2005, "Omnidirectional Static Walking of a Quadruped Robot," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.152-161. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.835448