- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study on Effect of Particle Size of Ferrous Iron and Polishing Abrasive on Surface Quality Improvement
자기연마가공에서 자성입자와 연마재의 크기에 따른 표면개선 효과
- Lee, Sung-Ho (Dept. of Steel Industry, Sunlin Coll.) ;
- Son, Byung-Hun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyoung Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kwak, Jae-Seob (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyoung Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.09
- Accepted : 2014.05.02
- Published : 2014.09.01
Magnetic Abrasive Polishing (MAP) process is a nontraditional method for polishing the surface of workpiece by using the flexibility of tool. At present, a mixture of polishing abrasives and ferrous particles is used as the tool in the MAP process. Previously, an experiment was conducted with different sizes of polishing abrasives with an aim to improve the polishing accuracy. However, the sizes of ferrous particles are also expected to have a dominant effect on the process, warranting a study on the effect of the size of ferrous iron particles. In this study, an experiment was conducted using three different sizes of ferrous particles. Iron powder of average diameters 8, 78 and
Magnetic Abrasive Polishing;Ferrous Particles;Mixture;Polishing Abrasives;Particle Size;Surface Roughness
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Wen, D. C., 2009, "Microstructure and Corrosion Resistance of the Layers Formed on the Surface of Precipitation Hardenable Plastic Mold Steel by Plasma-Nitriding," Applied Surface Science, Vol. 256, No. 3, pp. 797-804. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2009.08.062
- Singh, D. K. and Jain, V. K., 2005, "Analysis of Surface Texture Generated by a Flexible Magnetic Abrasive Brush," Wear, Vol. 259, No. 7-12, pp. 1254-1261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2005.02.030
- Kwak, J. S., 2009, "Enhanced Magnetic Abrasive Polishing of Non-ferrous Metals Utilizing A Permanent Magnet," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 49, No. 7-8, pp. 613-618. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2009.01.013
- Kim, S. O., You, M. H. and Kwak, J. S., 2010, "Tool Geometry Optimization and Magnetic Abrasive Polishing for Non-ferrous Material," Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 313-320.
- Park, W. G., Roh, T. W. and Choi, H., 2004, "The Magnetic Finishing Characteristics of Non-Ferromagnetic Pipe Inside Polished," Transaction of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 74-80.
- Park, S. J. and Lee, S. J., 2004, "Fabrication of the Fine Magnetic Abrasives by Using Mechanical Alloying Process and Its Polishing Characteristics," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. 34-41.
- Mori, T. Hirota, K. and Kawashima, Y., 2003, "Clarification of magnetic abrasive finishing mechanism," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 143-144, pp. 682-686. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00410-2