- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Spherical-Coordinate-Based Guiding System for Automatic 3D Shape Scanning
3D 형상정보 자동 수집을 위한 구면좌표계식 스캐닝 시스템
- Park, Sang Wook (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Maeng, Hee-Young (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Myoung Sang (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kwon, Kil Sun (National Archives of Korea) ;
- Na, Mi-Sun (National Archives of Korea)
- 박상욱 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 맹희영 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 이명상 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 권길선 (국가기록원 복원기록과) ;
- 나미선 (국가기록원 복원기록과)
- Received : 2014.04.17
- Accepted : 2014.07.22
- Published : 2014.09.01
Several types of automatic 3D scanners are available for use in the 3D scanning industry, e.g., an automatic 3D scanner that uses a robot arm and one that uses an automatic rotary table. Specifically, these scanners are used to obtain a 3D shape using automatic assisting devices. Most of these scanners are required to perform numerous operations, such as merging, aligning, trimming, and filling holes. We are interested in developing an automatic 3D shape collection device using a spherical-coordinate-based guiding system. Then, the aim of the present study is to design an automatic guiding system that can automatically collect 3D shape data. We develop a 3D model of this system and measuring data which are collected by a personal computer. An optimal design of this system and the geometrical accuracy of the measured data are both evaluated using 3D modeling software. The developed system is then applied to an object having a highly complex shape and manifold sections. Our simulation results demonstrate that the developed system collects higher-quality 3D data than the conventional method.
Spherical Coordinate;3D Scanning;3D Measuring System;Point Cloud Data;White Structured Light
Supported by : 국가기록원
- Maeng, H. and Sung, B., 2009, "Development of 3D Measuring System for Artificial Pontic Using Spherical Coordinate System Mechanism," Journal of the KSMTE, Vol.19, No.4, pp.427-433.
- Han, S., Lee, S., Kim, S. P., Kim, C. and Heo, J., Lee, Heebum, 2011, "A Comparison of 3D R-Tree and Octree to Index Large Point Clouds from a 3D Terrestrial Laser Scanner," Journal of KSGPC, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 36-49. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2011.29.1.39
- Umeyama, S., 2001, "Least-Squares Estimation of Transformation Parameters Between Two Point Patterns," IEEE Trans. of Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 13, No.4, pp. 376-380.
- Stamos, I. and Allen, P. K., 2000, "3-D Model Construction Using Range and Image Data," IEEE International Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Vol. 1, pp. 531-536.
- Cline, A. K. and Renka, R. L., 1984, "A Storage-Efficient Method for Construction of a Thiessen Triangulation," Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 14, Number 1.
- Lorensen, W. and Cline, H., 1987, "Marching Cubes: A High Resolution 3D Surface Construction Algorithm," Computer Graphics, Vol. 21, pp. 163-169. https://doi.org/10.1145/37402.37422
- Kim, E.-K., 1996, "Error Correction in Laser Scanner 3D Measurement," IEIE, Vol. 33, No.5, pp. 950-957.
- Chu, C. W., 2006, "Implementation of 3D Structure Reconstruction System from Multiple Images," FCV 2006, Japan.
- Choi, J. H., Son, T. G. and Lee, K., 2010, "Virtual scanning System for Accuracy Evaluation of 3D Overlapped Point-Clouds Registration Algorithm," KSPE Spring Conference, pp. 829-830.