- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on CMP Characteristics According to Shape of Colloidal Silica Particles
콜로이달 실리카 입자 형상에 따른 CMP 특성에 관한 연구
- Kim, Moonsung (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Haedo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.17
- Accepted : 2014.06.02
- Published : 2014.09.01
Slurry used for polishing semiconductors processed by exchange, pressurization, and multi-step feeding has been studied to investigate the effect of the size and shape of slurry particles on the oxide CMP removal rate. First, spherical silica sol was prepared by the ion exchange method. The spherical silica particle was used as a seed to grow non-spherical silica sol in accordance with the multi-step feeding of silicic acid by the ion exchange and pressurization methods. The oxide removal rate of both non-spherical silica sol and commercially available slurry were compared with increasing average particle size in the oxide CMP. The more alkaline the pH level of the non-spherical silica sol, the higher was the removal rate and non-uniformity.
Colloidal Silica;Silica Sol;CMP;Slurry;Removal Rate
Supported by : 주식회사 에이스나노켐
- M. F. Bechtold and O. E. Snyder, 1951, U. S. Patent.
- Robert R. Schaller., 2004, "Technological Innovation in the Semiconductor Industry," A Case Study of the International Technology Road map for Semiconductors, 2004 edition, pp.183.
- Kim. D. W., 2005. 04. 27, "CMP, Dominance of the Transition to Colloidal Silica," CHEMICAL JOURNAL-DAILY.
- Park, S. W., Kim, S. Y and Seo, Y. J., 2002, "Optimization of Double polishing pad for STI-CMP Applications," Trans. of the KIEE, Vol. 51C, No. 7, pp. 311-315.
- Lee, W. S., Seo, Y. J., Kim, S.Y and Chang, E. K., 2001, "A Study on the Nitride Residue and pad Oxide Damage of Shallow Trench Isolation(STI)-Chemical Mechanical Polishing(CMP) Process," Trans. of the KIEE, Vol. 50C, No. 9, pp. 438-443.
- Kim, S. Y., Seo, Y. J., Kim, T. H., Lee, W. S., Kim, C. I and Chang, E. G., 1998, "An Optimized Nitride Residue Phenomena of Shallow Trench Isolation(STI) Process by Chemical Mechanical Polishing(CMP)," IUMRS-ICEM-98, p. 468.