- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study of Production and Material Properties of Micro Screw Using SWCH18A and SUS XM7 Materials
SWCH18A 와 SUS XM7 을 적용한 초소형 나사제작 및 물성분석에 관한 연구
- Ra, Seung-Woo (Seoul metal Co., Ltd, Research and Development Center) ;
- Kim, In-Rak (Seoul metal Co., Ltd, Research and Development Center) ;
- Hwang, Sung Tack (Seoul metal Co., Ltd, Research and Development Center)
- Received : 2014.04.21
- Accepted : 2014.05.30
- Published : 2014.09.01
As micro screws feature reduced screw lengths and pitches, the resulting clamping force diminishes because of the reduced length of the actual joints. The elements of the clamping force are material, geometry, and friction. We studied the shrinking size of the screw and the methods to improve the clamping force by changing the material. We developed a micro screw using SWCH18A and SUS XM7 materials, and obtained the precision and thickness of the pitch through three-dimensional measurement. We also measured the external resistance of the micro screw by applying the Vicker's hardness test and conducted a break surface analysis using a break torque test and SEM for obtaining the break characteristics.
SWCH18A;SUS XM7;Micro Screw;Forging;Form Rolling;Material Properties
Supported by : 산업통산자원부
- Bickford, J. H., 1995, "An Introduction to the Design and Behavior of Bolted Joints," MARCEL DEKKER, INC, Third Edition, ISBN 0-8247-9297-1, pp. 239-241.
- Lee, B. H., Chun, H. J., Lee, S. H. and Han, J. H., 2006, "Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of Stress Distribution and Preload of Different Connection Types Implant with Initial Clamping," The Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp.197-205.
- Lee, K. W., 2013, "A Study on Precise Torque Measurement System Design for Optimal Bolt Clamping Force," Graduate School, Myongji University, pp.1-10.
- Lee, H., K., Ra, S. W. and Kim, J. B., 2013, "Analysis of Bolt Joining Stress for Various Bit Depth," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 2013, No. 12, pp. 1811-1814.
- Ra, S. W., Jung, J. Y., Jang, J. M., Song, J. H., Lee, H, J., Lee, G. A. and Lee, N., K., 2010, "A Study on The Plasma Nitriding Process for Functionality of Micro Actuation Component," Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 2010, No. 5, pp. 675-676.
- Serope, A. and Steven, R. S., 2008, "Manufacturing Processes for Engineering Materials," Prentice Hall, 5th Edition, ISBN 978-89-450-2065-9. pp.116-124.