- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Efficacy of Automatic Dispensing/Injection System to Reduce Radiation Exposure of Nuclear Medicine Workers During PET Procedures
PET 검사에서 작업종사자의 방사선 노출 선량을 줄이기 위한 자동 분주/주사 시스템의 유용성
- 조영권 (청주대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2014.05.08
- Accepted : 2014.06.17
- Published : 2014.08.28
In this study we assessed the efficacy of an automatic dispensing/injection system (ADIS) to reduce the radiation exposure of workers during PET procedures. NMW(Nuclear Medicine Workers) were classified into 2 groups, one of which used conventional method and the other used an ADIS. The radiation dose during injection were also measured in both groups, with another set of experiment. In dispensing step, ADIS imposed significantly less radiation dose than conventional method, both to finger and to whole body. In injection step, ADIS also imposed significantly less dose to finger, while the dose of whole body was somewhat larger in ADIS than in conventional method. Using ADIS, the radiation exposure of NMW during dispensing was markedly reduced. Also, the exposure of finger during injection was markedly reduced, although exposure of whole body was mildly increased.
Supported by : 청주대학교
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection," Ann ICRP, Vol.21, pp.1-201, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0146-6453(91)90009-6
- 나수경, 박병섭, "PET/CT 종사자의 방사선 피폭에 대한 연구", 디지털정책연구, Vol.10, pp.449-457, 2012.
- Methe and M. Brian, "Shielding Design of a PET Imaging Suite," , 2004.Health Physics, Vol.87, pp.S37-39 https://doi.org/10.1097/00004032-200408001-00012
- P. Covens, "The introduction of automated dispensing and injection during PET procedures," Radiation Protection Dosimetry, pp.1-9, 2010.
- F. A. Jr. Mettler, P. W. Wiest, J. A. Locken, and C. A. Kelsey, "CT scanning: patterns of use and dose," J Radiol Prot, Vol.20, pp.353-359, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1088/0952-4746/20/4/301
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Recommendation of the International Commission on Radiological Protection," Publication, Vol.26, 1977.
- C. G. kang, "A study on the individual radiation exposure of medical facility nuclear workers by job," J Nucl Med Techol, Vol.14, pp.9-15, 2010.
- N. L. McElroy, "Worker dose analysis based on real time dosimetry," Health Phys, Vol.74, No.5, pp.608-609, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004032-199805000-00009
- C. Wernli and A. Fiechtner, "The direct ion storage dosemeter for the measurement of photon, beta and neutron dose equivalents," Radiat. Prot. Dosim, Vol.84, No.1-4, pp.331-334, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a032749