- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Research on Dose Reduction During Computed Tomography Scanning by CARE kV System and Bismuth
전산화 단층검사 시 Bismuth와 CARE kV System을 이용한 선량 저감화에 대한 연구
- Received : 2014.05.08
- Accepted : 2014.06.17
- Published : 2014.08.28
The purpose of this study is to compare the reduction of the dose radioactivity by CARE kV with that of the Bismuth shielding. First, CT was performed with transparent materials, including a Bismuth shielder which is a well-known material for decreasing the dose of radiation. Moreover, we have estimated and compared the affects of the reduction of dose on eye lens, thyroid, breast and genitals. These steps aim to compare reactions with and without the application of the Rando phantom with PLD as well as with CARE kV or not. As a result, during the Brain angio scan, the dose of CARE kV set inspection test methods showed the least dose. Depending on whether we use CARE kV, which showed the effect of dose reduction by 63%. During the Carotid angio scan, the dose was increased by 13% by how to set CARE kV+Bismuth. During the Cardiac angio scan, which showed the effect of dose reduction by 31% by how to set CARE kV+Bismuth. During the Lower extremity angio scan, the dose was measured least by how to set up the whole Bismuth. Compared with CARE kV set of test methods, which showed the effect of dose reduction by 9%.
CARE kV;Bismuth;Dose Reduction
- 임청환, 전산화 단층 촬영의 방사선 피폭에 의한 위험도 측정, 경원대학교 박사학위 논문, 2005.
- 임흥선, "CT 검사에서 환자 선량 관리", 대한 전산화 단층 기술 학회지, 제7권, 제1호, pp.22-27, 2005.
- L. F. Roger, "Radiation Exposure in CT: Why so height?," AJR, Vol.177, No.2, p.277, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.177.2.1770277
- J. Geleijns, J. G. Van Unnik, J. Zoetelief, D. Zweers, and J. J. Broerge, "Compasion of two methods for assessing patient dose from computer tomography," British Journal of Radiology, Vol.67, pp.360-365, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-67-796-360
- L. N. Rothenberg and K. S. Pentlow, "Radiation does in CT," Radiographics, Vol.12, pp.225-1243, 1992.
- J. J. Tweed and M. L. Davies, "Patient dose and associated risk due to radiological investigation of the internal auditory meatus," British Journal of Radiology, Vol.64, pp.447-451, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-64-761-447
- E. Lund and H. Halaburt, "Irradiation dose to the lens of the eye during CT of the hand," Neuroradiology, Vol.22, pp.181-184, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00341246
- J. L. Poletti, "Patient dose from CT in New Zealand and a simple method for estimating effective dose," British Journal of Radiology, Vol.69, pp.432-436, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-69-821-432
- A. C. Maclennan and D. M. Hadley, "Radiation dose to the lens from computed omography scanning in a neuroradiology department," British Journal of adiology, Vol.68, pp.19-22, 1995.
- K. Nishizawa, T. Maruyama, M. Takayama, M. Kada, and J. Hachiya, "Determination of organ doses and effective dose equivalents from computed tomographic examination," British Journal of Radiology, Vol.64, pp.20-28, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-64-757-20
- International Commission on Radiological Protection: Managing Patient Dose in computed tomography, in Ann ICRP 2000, Pergamon Oxford, 2000.
- National Radiological Protection Board: Radiation Exposure of the UK Population from Medical and Dental X-ray Examinations, NRPB Chilton, Didcot, Oxon UK,NRPB_W4, 2002.
- M. F. McNitt-Gray, "Radiation dose in CT," Radiographics, Vol.22, pp.1541-1553, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.226025128
- S. R. Kim and T. Terry, "DOSIMETRICCHARACTERISATION OF BISMUTH SHIELDS IN CT MEASUREMENTS AND MONTE CARLO SIMULATIONS," Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol.133, No.2, pp.105-110, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncp025
- C. H. Lee, J. M. Goo, and H. J. Ye, "Radiation dose modulation techniques in the multi detector CT," Radiographics, Vol.28, pp.1451-1459, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.285075075
- 정미영, 다중 검출기 컴퓨터 단층 촬영(MDCT)에서 비스무트의 피폭선량 차폐 효과, 경기대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문, 2009.
- The Effects of Reducing a Dose on the Genital Gland at a CT Scan on the Whole Abdomen According to the Shielding Material vol.10, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.6.419