- Volume 13 Issue 4
The Electronic Toll Collection System based on Free-Flow Multi-Lane is needed to solve some yearly problems such as traffic congestion, safety accident, maintenance by hold-up of one way hi-pass system. The hi-pass communication system is first-in, first-out method in one way environment so, it can't handle various running patterns such as vehicle platoon, switching lane and passing in multi-lane environment. In this thesis we compared and analyzed the communication system of foreign countries ETCS operating system and domestic hi-pass communication system, then studied communication system which can run in multiple-way accepting existing hi-pass OBU. And we formed the communication system of Free-Flow Multi-Lane environment as a plan using incoherent of IR antenna and coherent of RF antenna. The communication system in Free-Flow Multi-Lane environment can be used not alone in parking garages but in expressways of ETCS and toll roads from now on.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- A Global Strategic Business Report 'ELECTRONIC TOLL COLLECTION SYSTEM', 2009.
- KS X 6915 - Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications for service-only short-range infrared communication (DSRC) technology.
- Korea Highway Corporation, 2009 High Pass Business White Paper, 2009.
- Notice of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, dedicated short range communication (DSRC) using the automatic fare collection system (ETCS) technology based on the exchange of information (Fireside - end-to-end) no. 2009-806. 2009
- Han-Byuk Cho, 5GHz band, Present and Future of ITS Communications, Journal of Korea Society of ITS Volume 2, Issue 1, 2004.7.
- B.Cash, North American 5.9GHz DSRC operational concept/band plan, IEEE 802.11-03/0750r0, IEEE 802.11 Wave SG, 2004.5.
- Korea Radio Promotion Association, DSRC and ITS services using the ETC service plan formulation, 2000.5.
- Korea Information Society Development Institute, 'ITS A study on the design and construction of components for', 2004. 12
- Information and Communications group standard, 'TTAS.IS-DIS15662 ITS management information for long distance wireless communication protocols', 2004.12.
- Korea Standard Association, KS X 6915 - ITS sector dedicated short-range communication standard in the infrared,
- Korea Standard Association, KS X 6916 - ITS sector conformity assessment in the way of the infrared communication technology.
- ITS standards meeting, 'ETCS performance standards on test methods'