- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Analysis on Mathematic Classes using Flanders Category System
Flanders 언어상호작용 분석법을 적용한 수학 교과 수업 분석
- Received : 2014.04.21
- Accepted : 2014.07.24
- Published : 2014.08.31
The purpose of this study is to provide useful information by analysis on mathematic classes for improve interactions between teacher and student using the Flanders Category System. For this, mathematic classes were observed by videotapes and recorded, 10 recorded videotapes were selected for analysis the property of linguistic interaction. The collected videotapes and records materials were transcribed by Advanced Flanders(AF) analysis program version 3.54. The detail investigated topics for studying are as follows. 1) What is the property of the Flanders 10 code analysis results? 2) What is the property of main and subsidiary linguistic flow of interaction? 3) What is the property of the Flanders index analysis results? The results of this study are as follow: 1) In Flanders 10 code analysis results, teacher's non-directive speaking is 12.76%, teacher's Indicative speaking is 50.28%, student's reactive speaking is 4.07%, student's voluntary speaking is 9.66%. 2) Among the 10 classes, 5 classes' main flow is 'ask convergent question
- Baek, Kwang-Ho(2008). An Observation Study on the Reading Comprehension Aspects of Sino-Korean Class, Korea University, Doctor Thesis.
- Baek, Je-Eun(2010). The Analysis of Flanders Verbal Interaction Type on the Videos of Excellent Class in the Elementary School, Wonkwang University, Master Thesis.
- Baek, Je-Eun. Kim, Kyung-Hyun(2010). Analysis of Flanders Verbal Interaction Type on Excellent Classes in Elementary School, Journal of Educational Innovation Research, 20(1).
- Byun, Young-Kye. Kim, Kyung-Hyun(2005). Instructional Supervision and Instructional Analysis, Hakjisa Publisher.
- Byun, Young-Kye et al.(2008). Instructional Supervision and Instructional Analysis, Hakjisa Publisher.
- Cho, Kyoung-Mee. Yeo, Sang-Ihn(2013). A Case Study on Effective Teachers' Discourse in Science Gifted Class using Flanders Interaction Analysis Program, Gyeongin National University of Education, Master Thesis.
- Cho, Nan-Sim et al.(2001). A Study on the Substantializing Plans of School Education(1), Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation.
- Flanders, N. A.(1969). Teacher Influence, Pupil Attitudes and Achievement, Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota.
- Flanders, N. A.(1970). Analyzing Teacher Behavior, Reading, MA: addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Flanders, N. A.(1975). Research on Teaching as Human Interaction, American Educational Research Association.
- Flanders, N. A.(1976). Interaction Analysis of Clinical Supervision, Journal of Research and Development in Education, 9(2).
- Heo, Gyun(2009). A Case Study on Analysis of Field Excellent Class through Flanders Interaction System, Journal Fish. Mar. Science Education, 21(4), p.499-507.
- Hyman, R. T.(1975). School Administrator's Handbook of Teacher Evaluation Methods, Houston, TX: Prentice-Hall.
- Joo, Sam-Hwan et al.(2009). Class Work & Class Observation Analysis, Seoul: Korean Studies Information.
- Jun, Byung-Hwa(2010). A study on Linguistic Interaction Analysis of a Teacher and the Student Who Appeared to an Elementary Gifted Class, University of Incheon, Master Thesis.
- Kim, Dong-Kyu(2009). The Teaching-Skill Improvement of a Chinese Characteristic Teacher in a Middle School through Surveying and Analysing for a Teaching Classes, Journal of Korean Literature in Chinese, 28. 223-253.
- Kim, Eun-Ju. Byun, Ji-Hye(2009). Analysis on Kindergarten Class through Verbal Interaction Analysis According to Flanders Category System: Based on Video Clips of Kindergarten Class Released on the Internet, Journal of Early Childhood Education & Edu-care Welfare, 13(2).
- Kim, Jong-Seo. Kim, Young-Chan(1970). Analysis Method on Teaching Patterns, Seoul, Baeyeongsa.
- Kim, Jong-Seo. Kim, Young-Chan(1983). Theory of Teaching Method, Pajoo, Kyoyookbook.
- Kim, Kyung-Hyun(2004). The Effects of Compter Assisted Self-Supervision on the Improvement of Teaching Skill and Teaching Efficacy for Beginning Teachers, The Journal of Korean Teacher Education, 21(1), 53-85.
- Kim, Mi-Hwan(2011). Analysis on Teacher's Discourse in Math Gifted Class in Elementary Schools Using Flanders Interaction Analysis Program, Gyeongin National University of Education, Master Thesis.
- Kim, Mi-Hwan. Song, Sang-Hun(2011). Analysis on Teacher's Discourse in Math Gifted Class in Elementary Schools Using Flanders Interaction Analysis Program, Journal of Elementary Mathematics Education in Korea, 15(2), 385 415.
- Kim, Sang-Hwa(2010). Standard and Practices Promoting Mathematically Communication in Elementary, Korea National University of Education, Master Thesis.
- Kim Seon-Mi(2012). A Case Study on Instruction of Student Teacher Majoring in Mathematics Education of High School, Kyeongsang National University, Master Thesis.
- Kim, Sun-Hee. Lee, Chang-Hee(2003). Mathematically Language Levels of Middle School Students, The Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics, 13(2). 123-141.
- Kim, Yong-Ha(2008). Analysis of Teachers' Verbal Interaction at the Elementary Part of Special Schools for Students with Physical and Multiple Disabilities According to the Flanders Instructional Analysis Method, Daegu University Master Thesis.
- Kwon, Gi-Deok(2012). A Comparison Study Between Excellent Classes & Regular Classes of Elementary Schools Using the Flanders Interaction Analysis System, Keimyung University, Master Thesis.
- Lee, Hyug-Kyu(2008). Teaching, I read in the eyes of the criticism. Seoul, Woorigyoyook.
- Lee, Young-Sook(2011). Development of Self-Analysis Methods of Teaching for the Improvement of College Education, The Journal of Yeolin Education. 19(1), 1-34.
- MacGraw, F. M.(1965). The Use of 35mm: Time Lapse Photography as a Feedback and Observation Instrument in Teacher Education, Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development (2007). Mathematics Curriculum, 2007-79.
- Park, Kwang-Soon(2010). A Case Study on Instructoin for Mathematically Gifted Children, Master Thesis.
- Scott, W. A.(1995). Reliability of content analysis; The Case for nominal Scale Coding, Public opinion Quarterly, 19.
- Sin, Joon-Sik(2007). Anaslysis on communication in Mathematical Class, J. Korea Soc. Math. Ed. Ser. C: Education Primary School Mathematics, 10(1).
- Tuckman, B. W.(1976). Feedback and the Change Process, Phi Delta Kappan, 57(5), 341-3445.
- Van Someren, M. W. Baranard, Y. F. Sandberg, J. A. C.(1994). The Think Alaud Method : A Practical Guide to Modelling Cognitive, London: Academic Press.